Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery Help?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by cjac2879, Mar 8, 2016.

1. cjac2879

Hopefully my question is an easy one. I bought a used p2 from B&H Photo. My problem is once I get the p2 airborne on a full battery, after about 30 seconds it automatically cuts power and lands. This has happened on both occasions I have tried to fly it since I received it.. I can power it back up and take off, but eventually it cuts power completely in midair causing it to crash (busting 2 rotor blades). After it crashes the battery is only flashing one light, then after it sits for about an hour it has gone up to 3 lights.

The info on the DJI Assistant says it has 70% charge left and 99% of life left...

2. flpholt

send it back for a refund

3. cjac2879

They are sending me a new battery. Does it sound like a battery issue to you? The battery does look like it was swollen, and the sides are soft to the touch when you squeeze it

4. Deputy Dog

Now you know why someone else dumped it. I'd try a new battery first.

5. jason

Yes it does sound like a battery issue but taking a screenshot of the battery and posting it here would be very helpful in confirming your suspicions..
    Battery #7.jpg

6. cjac2879

Here is a photo of the battery itself and what I think may show it bloated and the screen shot from the assistant

Attached Files:

7. jason

Fully charge that battery and take another screenshot and post it. Don't forget to do an advanced IMU calibration If you haven't since the crash.

8. cjac2879

20160309_214402.jpg
    Here is the screens hot fully charged 20160309_214402.jpg

9. jason

Being that this was a used purchase it are hard to say how the battery was maintained. More then likely it was not stored properly at 50% by the retailer from whom you bought it from and current values in your screenshot bare that out. At least they are willing to send you a replacement but if you have any further problems with the P2 send it back for either a replacement or your money back. This is what a new battery with 4 cycles look like.
    New Battery Screenshot.jpg