Battery hard to pull out

hey_moe said:
I have noticed that the batteries have always been very hard to pull out. Anybody fix out a fix for this
fix? have you ever crashed? they come out easy. you want them to stay in.

Yep, straight out (especially one-handed) is tough. A little leverage with your hands does wonders :)

I've seen other people recommend putting a little bit of grease on the sides of the battery (where the grooves are in the back). It kind of seems like a dangerous thing to do though since the battery would not be as snug.

Thanx msinger. I saw that the other day. I had to pull out the bird to try it. Works great.

must admit i always pull it out the 2nd way he did it (ie the harder way lol)

Well you guys make me feel better. I guess like they say, we learn something new everyday. I would have never thought to do it like that video showed but it really works fine and is a heck of a lot easier too. :D

I just used some Honda wax or pledge on the back side of the battery. I'm not worried about them being not secured because they have a latch that needs to be pressed to remove them. Also if I crash and the battery falls out thats the least of my problems. After all this talk about the esc burning up when props are stopped I would welcome the battery falling out.

I also like the fact I can grab the copter and pull battery without having a scene from a wrestling match.

rotowash: We read on this forum how necessary it is to clean the battery contacts every now and then, so I would be very cautious about applying lubricants or waxes inside the battery compartment because of the possibility of some of the stuff finding its way onto the battery contacts, or worse, into the female part of the battery itself.

Great Pumpkin said:
We read on this forum how necessary it is to clean the battery contacts every now and then
Excellent point!

FYI, for anyone that has not cleaned their battery contacts, you should pick up some DeoXit cleaner spray.

msinger said:
I've seen other people recommend putting a little bit of grease on the sides of the battery (where the grooves are in the back). It kind of seems like a dangerous thing to do though since the battery would not be as snug.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCq9eKYeWto[/youtube]
I use Permatex White Lithium Grease on mine. Those grooves are just to align the battery in the case and have nothing to do with securing it in place. It's the latches at the other end that secure the battery.

Great Pumpkin said:
rotowash: We read on this forum how necessary it is to clean the battery contacts every now and then, so I would be very cautious about applying lubricants or waxes inside the battery compartment because of the possibility of some of the stuff finding its way onto the battery contacts, or worse, into the female part of the battery itself.

I understand that its not like I'm spraying the battery at all. I just spayed a towel like one would to dust a table and wiped the areas that caused friction. Both products I talked about leaves a slippery residue. Plus its nowhere near the contacts.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing