P3 Firmware +++battery firmware+++????

Well I downloaded the app on my son's tablet and got it all going but for the aircraft. Really funny that if I had a tablet I would have seen that it already had the latest firmware. That's what it tell you. But when you go to fly A little message tell you to update the firmware. Which means it did have it's own firmware all ready and i stuff it up by adding new firmware. So it may have to go back to and get what ever they do to fix it. These bloody things are not easy to understand if you have never had some info on how to use the thing.

Sounds like your craft may be updated but your RC did not? Just connect the tab to your wifi and click the warning to upgrade. It'll finish almost immediately and is the best way to update the rc.

Last edited:
Hi Henick,

I will check later today my time as it is 7.40am in the morning here in Australia east coast. I got fix my ride on. and then cut the grass. Take all the brown pairs off our tree as well as some apples. Really nice growing your own.

I'll get back to let you know later.
John

Hi Henick,

All is working ok now!! Did the GPS and all went great. I started the engines but had no props on the aircraft. But could use the stick to power up and they did also showed it is safe to fly.
All this happened when I used my son's tablet.
So you say I can update the firmware through the tablet?????
Still have not got it in the air yet. Even though it does show on the screen that I should up date the latest firmware? So do I do that through the tablet??

John

Don't leave the update in what six sides of stupid is that. each time you fire up your phantom it will try to update forever and ever. especially 1.6. aand take the battery back to dealer you do have a bad one and like the one i had they get HOT.

I have removed the update from the SD card. All working good but still have not added the props to take it up for it's first flight. My battery doesn't get hot. It's the gimbal where you see the red and green led. That is where my heat is. Battery is cool.
I did reformat the SD card through my son's tablet. Maybe I could redo it again now. I am very sure it did come with the latest firmware already. Because checking the SD card after I left it in the aircraft for a long time trying to get the update done. Said it was a success but also said under the success line that the update was not the latest. Why say that. There was no way I could do the update on the controller.
It still show on the tablet top right side saying "need to update the firmware" I think that is the aircraft not the controller that it is referring too.

What next?
John

Hi John, What happened to me with my Phantom 3 Standard is basically the same as your experience. I downloaded the update to an SD card in my laptop, put the card in the SD slot on the aircraft and turned on the controller and the aircraft on.
A loud 5 sequence buzzing sequence started, frightened the hell out of me. This went on for about 25 minutes and the back of the camera got very hot. But at the end it stopped. I let it cool down started up and all the firmware updates for aircraft, controller and battery were done, and it has been flying beautifully.
The moral of this story is not to interrupt the procedure, and also all of this is experienced by many new owners
BTW I am an Adeladian!

John,

You DO leave the update on the SD card until you boot he craft with each battery you have to also update the battery. Yes remove it when totally done because it can repeatedly cause an update has already been applied error accompanied by an annoying beep. The batteries are smart dumb batteries so they have firmware also which the most recent 1.6 firmware changelog is a big part of. I'd be sure I didn't have one of 2 batteries I own not updated and make the mistake of flying in cold weather with a battery I was too lazy to top up cost you a lot of money. (That's the issue they're trying to fix)

For now, maybe always.. always top your batteries by turning it (the battery) on before plugging it in before EVERY flight regardless of the current voltage.

Not sure why someone above thinks you have a bad battery. You've said nothing I saw to support that.

Last edited:
That's right I have no battery getting hot at all just the gimbal where the led light is.
I have contacted the company I bought it from to take it down to have it checked out and go from there. I will get back to you to what they do. That will not be for 2 days.
John

Hi,

I think I have found out what I am doing wrong. How can the aircraft update the new firmware if it is still zipped up. When I down load the new firmware, add to my SD card it still has a little box on top of the writing which show it is zipped up. When I watch Videos on how to do the new firmware update and they add to their SD card there is no little box with the zipper on it showing. That is what I am doing wrong. I am sure that is why I cannot update the aircraft.I will use my old windows computer and see if that is the problem.
John

Yes unzip and drop the .bin file on the root of the SD. Sorry I thought that was said.

Hi Henick,

Yes I was doing that. Because I use an iMac and not my old windows PC. It was all still zipped up after I would drop the .bin into my SD card. That was my problem it was still zipped up. Now I have use my old PC and it shows that it is unzipped. So I am now seeing if it will work which it should and will know in about 20mins
John

If it does work which I'm sure it will. I will turn it off check the SD card to see if it was a success. Then remove the battery and add in my new battery I bought as well and add the SD card again and firmware the battery. Does that take long to do??
John

This is what I had before and nothing has changed. It is still the same when you check to see if a Success or not. So I have had enough now and will send it back to the suppler and see what he thinks the problem is.
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

If you are using a Mac and unzip the fw update and get ".bin.cpgz", replace cpgz with "zip"; double click the the file once again and the result should be a single .bin file suitable to transfer on to your micro SD card.

I had this problem today and read somewhere this runaround.

Hi I took it back and they re loaded the firmware and they did it all. I was there for about an hour or so for them to fix it. So now I buy a tablet and go flying.
I will let you know.
That version I downloaded from the web site. I took a copy of it down as well.

John

Just letting you know it's in my garbage bin now. I set it up with the GPS. You know going round 360 2 times .
Started the motors and it took off. I backed off and it just dropped and 2 motor were making this screening noise. So I pulled the battery out to stop it. Then went to remove the props and burnt my 2 fingers. I saw red. I sent an email off to where i bought it from.
I received a phone call ask me to bring it down so they can check the log file because they think it has had a problem and can get it fix under warranty. So that is what I am going to do.
John

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl