P3 Firmware +++battery firmware+++????

Ok got it all ready backed up and will take it down to where I bought it from and have the log checked out to see if it was me or the aircraft. if it was the aircraft I will get it fixed for free under warranty. Lets hope that is what it was. I sat down and when through my brain thinking was it me or not. On the read out at the top it did say in black over green writing letting me know it was safe to fly. So we will see. Thanks guys

John

Wow sorry to hear. If the motors were not obstructed it definitely should not have done that. I would demand a replacement product not dji warranty if your flight log supports you. Buying from a vendor in this instance might have been beneficial in that regard.

Yes Tomorrow i will know if it was me or the system.

Gee I was reading and checking out the video about the new Phantom 4 nice hay. If they say it was me which I know it wasn't I will have lost a great deal of money. What the heck it's made to go round hay.

John

Hi,
I rang the company I bought my P3P from about the warranty and was told nothing heard as yet. Still hope I suppose. But hanging round not having the P3P is really hard not having a fly. But a man has to wait hay.
That phantom 4 is $2399.95 at Apple here and will be ready on the 15th. I will not buy off them as they don't pay their taxes here in Australia. I bought this 27" iMac before I found out that's what they do They charge me dam tax 10% and that more money they make.

John

Hi John, What happened to me with my Phantom 3 Standard is basically the same as your experience. I downloaded the update to an SD card in my laptop, put the card in the SD slot on the aircraft and turned on the controller and the aircraft on.
A loud 5 sequence buzzing sequence started, frightened the hell out of me. This went on for about 25 minutes and the back of the camera got very hot. But at the end it stopped. I let it cool down started up and all the firmware updates for aircraft, controller and battery were done, and it has been flying beautifully.
The moral of this story is not to interrupt the procedure, and also all of this is experienced by many new owners
BTW I am an Adeladian!
That is the same as I had when running the FW on the aircraft. Hot I thought there was some thing wrong and turned it off. Retried again but got the red and green flashing on the front two, the back was just red. that i thought I had stuffed it. I looked at just about every video that showed you how to add the FW.

Hi Brian,
You know what i did and it shows me that after it unzipped 65.9MB. I copied the firmware file sent to my self. Then checked the return email and double click on the file that was in the email and it start to unzip the file and now is sitting in the downloads. I use an iMac computer and now saved it to a Micro SD card. I am still waiting to hear about warranty. It's hard without my new toy. I also checked the DJI video about the first flight. So what ever comes I know what to do before I fly.

John

Good after noon Brian,
I sure will check the list and calibrate the compass every flight. It's hard waiting for your new toy to get the ok or not. I keep going over in my head what happened that day. So I should get warranty. I will have to put on a screen cover so i can read and see the tablet better. I did that day see in green with the black writing saying Safe to fly. So I don't understand why it did what it did. Anyway not to long I hope.
I use too take fright in my semi trailer to Adelaide 2 times a week. and bring back wine from a few places in Clair valley.
Always dam hot there in the summer.
John

Hi Brian,

Because I have a mac computer I formatted the SD card in (MS-DOS (FAT). Was this the problem or not. Because If I use a computer with Windows 7 and reformat the SD card it is (FAT 32) I am not sure what one is right.
John

Hi, I did writ to DJI before you sent me your reply to my question about what format to use.
They said FAT 32 or MS-DOS (FAT)

Because i have a mac I'll use the MS DOS fat.
John

Last edited:
That'll do for small files. For 4k stuff you probably need exfat ... fat32 will work also but videos will auto stop at the max filesize.. it's almost the same. Stands for extended fat.

Ok lets see how it works.
If I reformat my micro SD card that comes with the P3P to download the new firmware what one will I use to do that exfat or ms-dos fat?? After I have done the firmware do I leave it in with the format?? Fat32 is the old window's format and will not use that one as I have a iMac.

John

Hi,
I was reading some of the thread on the DJI forum about some guy's losing their P3's because of the prop coming off. And some said they did tighten them up the right way. Some good reading. But one more thing to worry about hay!
John

Hey John, from what I've read, you can't use the props with a metal insert with a P3, and snug the props up hand tight. Thats why the prop tool in the pack
Cheers
Brian

1 guy showed his video when the prop came off and fell into the bush but couldn't find the prop. I don't know what props they were using. I thought you could only buy from DJI. But other companies make them as well.
Should see my new one tomorrow I hope.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr