battery failure ----> PHANTOM 2 crash

• Thread starter Deleted member 9626
  • Start date
do we know how many times the battery had been charged when it failed ? Is it possible you can connect to assistant and get info about battery health and number of recharge cycles ?

Wow! Just wow. This is scary. You found the needle in the haystack almost literally. As for the issue, you can see the motors, gimbal, and LEDs shut off. Then the front LEDs are green (boot up?). And then off again, then red, then off as the props windmill to ground.

That battery needs to go to DJI so they can figure out what went wrong. Or it needs a careful tear down by someone who knows how to diagnose it. Something is clearly wrong with it internally. Good job recording all of it as it is proof of a battery problem.

Didn't the original P2 firmware have the same battery issue? Wonder if the new fimware is missing the code fix for it.

Must have had a sickening feeling when you saw that on the screen :-( Bad luck

hook3m said:
Didn't the original P2 firmware have the same battery issue? Wonder if the new fimware is missing the code fix for it.

It was fixed in the 1.08 firmware. Before 1.08, the P2x would shut down if the battery didn't communicate with the Naza.

Karl666 said:
do we know how many times the battery had been charged when it failed ? Is it possible you can connect to assistant and get info about battery health and number of recharge cycles ?

Yes, in Phantom assistant, battery TAB.

ginsonic said:
Karl666 said:

Yes, in Phantom assistant, battery TAB.

So what was it ?

I'm terribly sorry for the crash - that had to be gut-wrenching.

One thought here is something else happened mid-air and the battery acting so funny afterward is due to the force of the impact of the crash. I know there have been a few times that I've inserted the battery into the Phantom thinking it felt like a solid connection only to see a space between it and the Phantom's shell. I then remove it and reseat it and all is well. I can't imagine what would happen if I took off like that, though. Thinking here is maybe the battery didn't have a solid connection with the internal terminals and due to the various stresses on the shell/battery during flight, it got tweaked enough to cause the connection to break.

Just another thought to add to the pile.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

wow i am lucky this didn't happen to me. i have a battery that went from full charge and only lasted a 4 minute flight. when connected it had 97% life left only charged 12 times. i was able to charge it back up and same thing happened now it won't charge up or even start up the P2. hope you find out what went wrong

This does not look like a bad seating or connection issue. If you watch the video, you can see the front LEDs are still lit during the failure. Something tripped up the system. Whether or not the battery controller reset under heavy load is unknown. All I know is it is very scary as this can potentially happen to any of us at any time with no warning. h.saiyd, have you contacted DJI about this yet? They need to see that battery!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl