Battery balancer

The reason to discharge is to balance the cells. A standard multicell battery (that has not connection to each cell) has ussually circuit that balances during charging and discharging. The monitor circuit is able to shut down the battery even if the only one cell is near to 0%.
Be patient. The battery is near to dead state. You are trying to be alive.
No balancing occurs during discharge. The benefit you are hoping might be realised is to recharge from a lower SOC giving more time for the cells to come into balance during the charge cycle. By most accounts it probides little benefit as the underlying problem is usually attributed to variances in cell IR which deep discharge does nothing to improve.

No balancing occurs during discharge. The benefit you are hoping might be realised is to recharge from a lower SOC giving more time for the cells to come into balance during the charge cycle. By most accounts it probides little benefit as the underlying problem is usually attributed to variances in cell IR which deep discharge does nothing to improve.
It depends on the schematic.I do not know the dji battery connection but it is not rare to move energy from cell to cell by dcdc technique.

It depends on the schematic.I do not know the dji battery connection but it is not rare to move energy from cell to cell by dcdc technique.

It is very rare in every high current supplying Hobby LiPo I've seen.
DJIs batteries, since the P2 are unique in that they have gone to great lengths to lessen the potential dangers that can come from casual LiPo use (i.e. Intelligent).

As eluded to in my first sentence, the balancing circuits are not typically part of the installed battery pack so there's no opportunity for this dcdc energy movement you speak of.

I never understand these type posts... there's never any example given.

Can you give an example of this?

That definitely doesn’t happen in the DJI packs. Where have you seen the so called DC-DC technique? I’m going to suggest that it is exceptionally rare. Why would a manufacturer go to that expense in circuit implementation when switching in a ballast in the high cell(s) does the job?

Let me rephrase that. I know I can take it apart but will putting it on balancer do any good

It is very rare in every high current supplying Hobby LiPo I've seen.
DJIs batteries, since the P2 are unique in that they have gone to great lengths to lessen the potential dangers that can come from casual LiPo use (i.e. Intelligent).

As eluded to in my first sentence, the balancing circuits are not typically part of the installed battery pack so there's no opportunity for this dcdc energy movement you speak of.

I never understand these type posts... there's never any example given.

Can you give an example of this?
You can study circuits for power management from Texas Instruments, Linear technology and so on. The problem with balancing is quite serious. The discharging balance is the way to keep long battery life.

Let me rephrase that. I know I can take it apart but will putting it on balancer do any good
No you can not do it because the battery of the phantom has 4 cells and on the connector are only + and -. The pins are connected in parallel so you can put charging connector in the both position.

You can study circuits for power management from Texas Instruments, Linear technology and so on. The problem with balancing is quite serious. The discharging balance is the way to keep long battery life.
The battery management SOC operation and implementation (Texas Instruments solution) is well known. We are interested to learn from you an example of the DC-DC technique you referred to.

No you can not do it because the battery of the phantom has 4 cells and on the connector are only + and -. The pins are connected in parallel so you can put charging connector in the both position.
Actually with the pack apart there is no reason the cells could not be connected to the balance port of a charger as the cells are wired with balance taps like any conventional dumb LiPO.

The cells are not consented in parallel.

I’m sure anything is possible.

But you said it’s not rare. I’m asking for your reference of where it used then.

Your argument from authority does not suffice.

So my next question is can I still fly with this battery
From memory the screenshot you posted after a full charge showed over 200mv variance in cell voltages. Take it for a flight low and close and fly down to 20% and then have a look at the log in airdata from the flight. I suspect it Ian ready for retirement.

267d0c24d7930bb35eb341f9b646bb89.jpg

If I can polish that up I think I can balance the cells without taking battery apart. Since all I need to do is charge up one cell .15 volts I think I can just connect to that cell and give it what it needs to be even

If I can polish that up I think I can balance the cells without taking battery apart. Since all I need to do is charge up one cell .15 volts I think I can just connect to that cell and give it what it needs to be even
You can’t.

The pins on the connector are not connected to the individual cells.

Inner four are B+, outer four B- (pretty sure I remember that right from when I stuck the meter probes in there).

Fair guess is that the extreme outer pins are data.

What makes you think you could balance the cells from the connector?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves