Batteries

Reaction score
All, P3S battery I'm looking at getting extra ones anyone got any views dji batteryor third party batteries?

I only use genuine DJI batteries they are more expensive but I have piece of mind knowing they wont be bricked or damage my drone

Reactions: Squirrel!
I can tell you, I've bought the Bangood 3rd party battery and in less than 2 months the pack swelled so much it couldn't be inserted in the AC. Bangood essentially said 'screw you, we got your money and you ain't getting no refund...bee-otch'. Before the swelling the battery firmware was canceled by DJI so it was a paperweight.

Only buy GENUINE DJI BATTERIES. I have 2, one that came with and I bought the second alost the same time I bought the Bangood battery...My DJI extra battery, with 75 charges on it, is still perfect. I recycled the Bangood battery, essentially throwing away $100.

There will always be stories on both sides of the fence. Those with success stories of 3rd party battery's like me and those who only buy DJI.

There will be stories of failures on both sides as well.

Guy here says his Banggood battery puffed and he reckons DJI bricked it ....
I have personal experience of a DJI battery failing after less than 20 cycles ..

That's 1:1 ....

As to Banggood warranty - I have never had trouble with BG - the few times I have had claims -they have been very good. Example - SkyRC B6 mini charger failed its PC connection - sent email and video - I received new unit and told no need to send back faulty.
Fellow club members I know who have claimed from BG - similar results.

Nigel

A charger isn't a battery being replaced. And no, no "reckons" about it as it is known that DJI most definitely 'bricked' 3rd party batteries at one point (when I had mine actually) so your "1:1" isn't really.

Now this was a year and almost a half ago, so maybe things have changed.

Whether its a charger ... a battery ... a circuit board ... or a currant bun .... makes no difference. I have had good experience of BG warranty and other people I know who have made claims have had same.
Why would it be any different battery to charger ..... or currant bun ? The only usual difference is most brands have a limited warranty clause on batterys because of their very construction and liability to damage through mis-use.

Second - there are not that many actuals reported of DJI bricking batterys. Yes there are reports - but I suggest to you - there are far more SUCCESS stories of 3rd party batterys than DJI bricking or even failures ...

Trouble is my view is that many 3rd party battery users are too concerned about the abuse levelled - that they just go and fly ... enjoy their batterys whether DJI or not. Its human nature - bad news sells and sticks ... good news doesn't.

You are unlucky that you have a bricked battery ... you seem to have incurred the wrath of BG ... why I don't know - but sorry to say this - we only have your side of the story.

THIS IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO INSULT OR DEMEAN "SQUIRELL!" ....

I am always a bit wary of Customer Service stories ... a good example :

Hobby King has for long time had some awful posts put up on various forums about CS ... Near all of those threads get a large number of contrary good reports though. They often balance out ... but anyway - one in particular was very bad post and author received an immense amount of sympathy from others on that forum.
I asked him if he could post up the actual communication ... HK - you can cut and paste the CS chat lines ... I was not trying to disprove him ... I was trying to understand why he had such a bad experience.

Once he posted the Chat - he lost all support ... his style was confrontational from the very first line. He failed to provide the evidence / information requested. The Chat person tried all ways to get the details in concise and accurate form. Complainant failed ...

When he was challenged by others for his style - he then entered into a slagging of the questioner - not me I add.

I have a few golden rules I adhere to when talking to such as Hobby King, Banggood, China Hobby Line etc.

a) I have at hand the order number.
b) Date and form of payment
c) Email confirmation of the item from seller
d) Photo's, video's and written concise details of the fault / complaint so I can pass on accurately.

and finally

e) I recognise that the person I am speaking to - their first language is most likely NOT english, so I make sure I keep it simple and straight. If they do not understand first time, I am polite and reword till they do.
f) I treat with respect and I usually get same back.

As I said earlier ... I do not imply that SQUIRREL! did not contact in fair and reasonable manner - I am just saying this is my experience with such sellers.

Nigel

My referernce to 1:1 ... is precisely that ...

Your 1 .. to my 1 .....

1 3rd party yours .... my DJI 1

Nigel

My referernce to 1:1 ... is precisely that ...

Your 1 .. to my 1 .....

1 3rd party yours .... my DJI 1

Nigel
I know well what your "reference" was for. Unfortunately, you are wrong...again as I, AND DJI both know about bricking the batteries. So there are both sides of the story. Then there is your 1 where you claim I am wrong...even after my giving proof.

When something is good, I say it. Good news sells and sticks. When something is bad, I say it. Bad news sells and sticks.

And precisely, you have your good experience, I have my bad experience. Funny thing is, Bangood deletes bad reviews on their site about them. Again, this is known fact.

Do what you want, no skin off my nose. I am happy to see that you had a positive experience. I wasn't so fortunate. I bought one thing from Bangood, it was defective and they failed to remedy the situation. I am extremely offended that your implication (regardless of your 'disclaimer', it is still an implication) that I was anything less than polite and patient is likely the reason I was screwed over by Bangood.

1. Where did I say you were wrong ?
2. My post about how to speak to CS was as stated clearly - NOT an attack on you but an honest account of anothers incident - so OTHERS may be informed.
3. Good News doesn't sell jack s**t ..... ask any news reporter. Check out any Forum.
4. Yes we ALL know BG does delete bad reviews - where did I say they didn't ? BUT check out how many posts on BG have positive REPLIES from BG when a fault is posted ... person mentions a fault and BG goes straight back asking for more info ... there's enough to not even need to give you a link. Its well known that hard-a** bad posts get pulled ...

DJI Forum is just the same !! I know of plenty 'bad' posts that get pulled from DJI forum ... posts that are far less bad than any remain on BG .... so what does your point prove ?

OK - the DJI bricking batterys ... because YOU say "again as I, AND DJI both know about bricking the batteries" ... please provide real hard fact that DJI have done this intentionally .... Please provide any statement from DJI confirming they did or do this other than their 'warning' that 3rd party batterys void warranty if found and POSSIBLE incompatibility ....
In all my searches since I first heard about this - I have never found any real hard fact that shows DJI actually admitting / stating they have done it intentionally. There is circumstantial evidence only based on people 'saying' that happened to them.
Do you not think that a fault may have occurred in the battery, especially when you consider the few reports claiming bricking ?

AGAIN - I repeat I am not saying you are wrong - but I get sick and tired of the perpetuated myths .... and when I or any other call it out - we get bombed !!

There are thousands out there using batterys from various ... no bricking, no lack of performance, no need to spout about it ...

Nigel

Seriously, Nigel? You want "proof"?! I gave you video "proof". Yes, a known FACT that DJI bricked hundreds, if not thousands, of batteries. Mine was one. What pisses me off is people like you that claim how good Bangood is and then admit/agree they are not all that and as honest as YOU would like others to believe. I seriously am beginning to think you have some sort of business arrangement with Bangood.

"No need to spout about it"? Are you serious?! There is EVERY reason to "spout off about it". Bangood screwed me and others. Cold hard FACT, Nigel. No matter what YOU say, or want others to believe, Bangood fu**ed me and others AND continued to sell batteries that were bricked for some time after all of this. Bangood then lowered the price and kept selling known, non-working batteries.

This is my final reply to you because all you want is to be right. I on the other hand will do what it takes to let others know that Bangood is not 'reputable'. Have a good day, sir.

Seriously, Nigel? You want "proof"?! I gave you video "proof". Yes, a known FACT that DJI bricked hundreds, if not thousands, of batteries. Mine was one. What pisses me off is people like you that claim how good Bangood is and then admit/agree they are not all that and as honest as YOU would like others to believe. I seriously am beginning to think you have some sort of business arrangement with Bangood.

"No need to spout about it"? Are you serious?! There is EVERY reason to "spout off about it". Bangood screwed me and others. Cold hard FACT, Nigel. No matter what YOU say, or want others to believe, Bangood fu**ed me and others AND continued to sell batteries that were bricked for some time after all of this. Bangood then lowered the price and kept selling known, non-working batteries.

This is my final reply to you because all you want is to be right. I on the other hand will do what it takes to let others know that Bangood is not 'reputable'. Have a good day, sir.
Squirrel!,did you notice he likes to argue a lot or should I say likes to have the last word LoL.He will be back in a minute all huffy ...

Reactions: Squirrel!
3rd party batteries are about 50% cheaper than OEM ones, however consider if the battery fails mid flight, no matter which model drone, camera, props and mods... it can crash.
Kinda like tires on a car.

And if a third party battery fails in flight, DJI will not honor any warranty in force. I assume anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart