Basic Question to the Experienced Audience

OK - very nice, but that is a Sony RX100 on a gimbal. The RX100, great camera though it is, has only a 3.6x optical zoom. The rest of the zoom is going to be digital, not optical.

I read the Sony Cybershot WX500 has 30 x OPTICAL zoom, and costs a fraction of the price of the Zenmuse which is around $10 000, but of course you still have to buy the gimbal for the Sony WX500. I was just worried about how the Sony WX 500 would be controlled after attaching it to the Ispire. Thanks

I read the Sony Cybershot WX500 has 30 x OPTICAL zoom, and costs a fraction of the price of the Zenmuse which is around $10 000, but of course you still have to buy the gimbal for the Sony WX500. I was just worried about how the Sony WX 500 would be controlled after attaching it to the Ispire. Thanks

OK - so it's really two options - the WX500 is an RX100 with a much smaller sensor to get the magnification. Still probably a pretty good camera. It has internal image stabilization, so the question will be how well that plus the gimbal stabilizes at the long end of the zoom. It sounds like the camera is controlled via a separate link, probably wifi, but the details are sparse - hence your original question.

The combo price (camera plus gimbal) appears to be $2349. So still significantly cheaper than the Z30, and a much higher resolution sensor (18 MP). But does it actually work? I couldn't find any reviews.

The combo price (camera plus gimbal) appears to be $2349. So still significantly cheaper than the Z30, and a much higher resolution sensor (18 MP). But does it actually work? I couldn't find any reviews.

Can i ask if anyone is familiar with this 50mm lens that can apparently be attached to a GOPRO to give it a zoom capability. Here is the link:

extreme telephoto long range zoom lens no fish eye | HD Wearable Video Custom Mods By RageCams

I am just not sure what this means? If I wanted a x 30 zoom then what does this 50mm lens attached to the GOPRO 3 imply in terms of magnification or zoom. I noted the kind examples of picssent above of the various magnifications, but not sure where this 50mm lens modification on the GOPRO 3 will fit in?

Thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart