Bag/Backpack for Phantom

d4ddyo said:
Phantom 2 Zemuse 2 Uprise II 48... as recommended by djiguy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI1yVYSLl1E

I ordered one and BARELY fits extended legs but you have to put it sideways like the picture shows. Good thing is that the Gopro sits flush on foam and it keeps the gopro from wobbling around. When I say barely fits it just about makes it.

This backpack has LOTS of padding and Lots of ways you can configure. I do want to find a pouch for the controller up top but maybe i'll just find a piece of foam to lay on top of controller. It will move around too much and I don't want it banging into the phantom or moving into the compartment where the phantom is.

thanks for that mate. Mine is arriving today or tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing how it fits. I'm just using the stock landing gear, thedjiguy's video made it look easy

jimmybonsaville said:
djidan said:
jimmybonsaville said:
Did any of the UK guys manage to try the cheapish backpacks from ebay?

I had to order another one, because the first one didn't show up. Should have it tomorrow so will report back then. This one was a little more expensive at £45.99, so fingers crossed the Phantom will fit!

Link to seller on eBay:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151242589961?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cheers Dan :D

Well it's arrived. Very quick delivery. I will post some pics later. It fits perfectly. You would have thought it had been made for the Phantom. Plenty of room, very well padded and sturdy. Really pleased with it. Would defiantly recommend it.

djidan said:
jimmybonsaville said:
Did any of the UK guys manage to try the cheapish backpacks from ebay?

I had to order another one, because the first one didn't show up. Should have it tomorrow so will report back then. This one was a little more expensive at £45.99, so fingers crossed the Phantom will fit!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151242589961?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Excellent. This one was one of the 2 in my final choice! Along with the one above - the vanguard uprise 2, but that's at £90 so yours is more appealing :)

Looking forward to hear your review. The YouTube videos look good of it so far. Apart from the back flap not zipping completely down so you have to push the flap to keep it open, hopefully not a massive problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djidan said:
Well it's arrived. Very quick delivery. I will post some pics later. It fits perfectly. You would have thought it had been made for the Phantom. Plenty of room, very well padded and sturdy. Really pleased with it. Would defiantly recommend it.

Excellent. Sounds like we're onto a winner. Plus at a bargain price compared to others!

Never been so excited about shopping for a bag. Must be a Phantom owner thing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJZsj4E.jpg

Currently on the train, en route to a forest that has illegal logging occurring in it. Guess what I have in my backpack.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151242589961?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649[/quote]

Cheers Dan :D[/quote]

Well it's arrived. Very quick delivery. I will post some pics later. It fits perfectly. You would have thought it had been made for the Phantom. Plenty of room, very well padded and sturdy. Really pleased with it. Would defiantly recommend it.[/quote]

AWESOME NEWS!! Having to save for another bloody Gopro mines packed in so any money saved on a backpack is a bonus!! Look forward to seeing your pics :D

Meluk said:
djidan said:

Excellent. Sounds like we're onto a winner. Plus at a bargain price compared to others!

Never been so excited about shopping for a bag. Must be a Phantom owner thing :)

The following link should take you to some photo's taken of the bag and the enclosed Phantom. Fits everything I would want to take on a trek and is very well padded. Could probably do with organizing a more secure location for my batteries in order to avoid any flaming fireballs on my back. The only let down I would say is that it does come with an internal pocket for a laptop, however there wouldn't be enough room for one, as it would be pressing down on the top of the Phantom.

http://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114294856263236618142/albums/6008394528765681249

WOW That really does look like a perfect bag!! Just a quick question before i click buy ha...does the main pocket flap pull all the way back? Looks like the zips dont go all the way to the base in the pics?

Also just been watching some of your youtube vids awesome vids!! Im Newcastle and see your Mboro way. Might have to venture down and check out some of them locations :D

jimmybonsaville said:
WOW That really does look like a perfect bag!! Just a quick question before i click buy ha...does the main pocket flap pull all the way back? Looks like the zips dont go all the way to the base in the pics?

Nope, according to other reviews of the bag, the one design flaw is the zip doesn't go all the way down. I wouldn't say its a massive problem though?

Great bag, have just clicked buy now! :) I have a feeling the price may go up after the seller noticing more sales? This is a bargain at £45 considering the type of bag you are getting.

djidan said:
Meluk said:
djidan said:

The following link should take you to some photo's taken of the bag and the enclosed Phantom. Fits everything I would want to take on a trek and is very well padded. Could probably do with organizing a more secure location for my batteries in order to avoid any flaming fireballs on my back. The only let down I would say is that it does come with an internal pocket for a laptop, however there wouldn't be enough room for one, as it would be pressing down on the top of the Phantom.

http://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114294856263236618142/albums/6008394528765681249

It seems that this backpack doesn't leave much room for extra stuff besides the phantom, correct? If used as daypack during trekking for example, or as carry-on bag with flying.

Meluk said:
jimmybonsaville said:

Nope, according to other reviews of the bag, the one design flaw is the zip doesn't go all the way down. I wouldn't say its a massive problem though?

Great bag, have just clicked buy now! :) I have a feeling the price may go up after the seller noticing more sales? This is a bargain at £45 considering the type of bag you are getting.

Yup I've also clicked buy it now ha. Only problem with the zip situation is that i guess will have to take all the bits out to slide the phantom outwards under the bottom half of the zip ?

jimmybonsaville said:
Meluk said:
jimmybonsaville said:

Yup I've also clicked buy it now ha. Only problem with the zip situation is that i guess will have to take all the bits out to slide the phantom outwards under the bottom half of the zip ?

Not really a problem. All you do is feed the Phantom in on a 45deg angle. If this was still a problem to you, the internal Velcro dividers could be easily rearranged to allow the Phantom to drop straight down. It would just be positioned higher up the bag and you could then locate the items which were available from the top of the bag, at the bottom of the bag. The bottom entry flaps :shock: would then provide easy access to these items.

Actually, I'll give that a try later and take some further pictures to show how it works out.

Ah no wouldnt be a problem was just incase i kept catching the Gimbal when putting it back in. But if theres enough room to easy slip it in at a angle im happy with that :D Ordered and its been dispatched now :D

vanardenne said:
djidan said:
Meluk said:

It seems that this backpack doesn't leave much room for extra stuff besides the phantom, correct? If used as daypack during trekking for example, or as carry-on bag with flying.

You could fit in some speedo's and a pair of sandles if your travelling. :cool:

I would say there was still a bit of room down the sides and the base, and consider that in the pictures I have placed all the equipment I need for FPV, as well as the Phantom itself. There is also a front compartment for those odds and sods.

Still can't get over the value for money of this bag. The quality is excellent!

Ksc said:
I get that the pictures are the same. I can save photos from 5.11 and use them in an ad as well. What you aren't understanding is that the 5.11 bag and the field line bag are literally identically. If I took photos of the bags side by side and covered the logos, you wouldn't be able to tell which bag was which. The only way to tell is by touch and you will feel that the 5.11 bag uses a thicker fabric which you are correct, is more durable. The 5.11 bag is as a bug out bag. Which is meant to hold 72 hours worth of gear and not fail. You can jump out of planes with it. Without having both bags in front of you, visually you will not see any difference between the bags. watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1KrFGN4JmY and then look at a 5.11 review video. the same bag.

And yes I'm sure Rick at goprocases told you it was a 5.11 bag. It is not. I know this because it took me a very long time but I was able to reach someone at 5.11 and ask about buying their bags in bulk so I could make my own Phantom bags. They do not allow "rebranding" of their bags, meaning that I cannot put my logo on their bags like goprocases has. When I asked pushed them about this and told them about the goprocases bag, they said they did not sell their bags to goprocases. I do not own their bag but I have had the chance to be in a store when someone brought in their goprocases vision backpack. It was not a 5.11 bag and the fabric was identical to my field line bag.

goprocases has to make money. I don't think they are lying with the intent to deceive but rather exaggerating the reality to give an example of the bag. If they were to say that they were using a $40 bag with $20 worth of foam inside, no one would buy their bag. when they say they are using a $170 bag, then people can justify the purchase of a $250 bag.

Fieldline does not make the bag. Fieldline buys the bag from a bulk Chinese manufacturing company. Fieldline is probably buying the bags for $15 and selling them to walmart for $25 and walmart sells them to the customers for $40. Goprocases is buying the bags from a Chinese manufacturing company but is not buying in the same bulk so is probably paying closer to $20 or $25 per bag. The foam is obviously not more than $20. Their major expenses was for the laser water cutter which they have either paid off or are still working to pay off. I don't know what they are using so I cannot telling you what that cost is. Either way, goprocases is making a good chunk of money.

If you own a goprocases hard case, they will sell you the foam for $75 and that cost includes their profit margin. They sell their hard cases for $200 which means they are saying the case itself is worth $125. If you have seen the prices of cases on MCM you know that a hard case is MUCH MUCH lower than that. They are using an off brand case and buying in bulk. This is an assumption but I would say the cases they are buying cost them about $15 per case and the foam is around $10 due to their bulk buying. Thats $25 for a case they are selling for $200. Now keep in mind that $200 is the retail price. If you buy it from goprocases you are paying retail but if you are a company like B&H who is buying at wholesale, B&H is not paying $200.

If you go with the goprocases bag, go to the 5.11 site and find a reseller near you, bring the goprocases bag with you and compare them. They might not have the Rush 72 bag but the same fabric is used in all their Rush and MOAB bags. Yes I own all those with is why I know.

Dude, it looks like it IS a 511.rush bag...see picture. I think they literally just BUY them in mass quantities, and then do their thing to them (vs having a special arrangement with 511). You can clearly see the logo - do you believe them now?

1397659_10152447927301340_1322755198353105053_o.jpg

1596984_10152447927296340_6578927344840526843_o.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z