Bag/Backpack for Phantom

harvey said:
I have tried all sorts of different regular backpacks which were ok but I knew I would damage something sooner or later. I quit putting in so much time and effort into it. I purchased this back and moved onto more fun stuff. This bag is great! Trying other types of bags just took up too much time and effort.
DSCN0449_zpsfb2956a7.jpg

DSCN0450_zps1376be9b.jpg
I agree. I ordered one of these as well.

ExtraKim said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Backpack-Bag-for-DJI-Phantom-1-2-FC40-Vision-H3-3D-Gopro-QRX350-Carrying-Case-/181510630410?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a42e06c0a

Looks like a stronger front, have anyone tested this one?

I just got one of these as I am very impressed. It is very light, so much lighter than the hard case I bought. The back is of hard plastic(it does bend a little), but is solid enough to allow me to use it for take offs. Seems pretty solid support for the phantom. Not something that can be tossed around like check in baggage, but decent (and did I say light) for traveling to hard to get at places.

I think considering the price, it is well worth it.

knuckles said:
There's info on the TSA website. You are allowed to carry on but not check Lipo batteries from what I understand

You're allowed to check a battery that's fitted into the Phantom (just as you can check a laptop with a battery fitted), but spare batteries must be in your carry-on.

Just curious if anybody has a link or store that makes just the foam inserts for the Phantom z2? I own enough backpacks (BADLANDS) just need the foam for packing in and out.. Any suggestions are welcome..

Khudson7 said:
ExtraKim said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Backpack-Bag-for-DJI-Phantom-1-2-FC40-Vision-H3-3D-Gopro-QRX350-Carrying-Case-/181510630410?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a42e06c0a

I just got one of these as I am very impressed. It is very light, so much lighter than the hard case I bought. The back is of hard plastic(it does bend a little), but is solid enough to allow me to use it for take offs. Seems pretty solid support for the phantom. Not something that can be tossed around like check in baggage, but decent (and did I say light) for traveling to hard to get at places.

Nice! Just what I wanted to hear :)

HarryT said:
knuckles said:
There's info on the TSA website. You are allowed to carry on but not check Lipo batteries from what I understand

You're allowed to check a battery that's fitted into the Phantom (just as you can check a laptop with a battery fitted), but spare batteries must be in your carry-on.

Now that's interesting. I wonder what they do if they find extra batteries in checked luggage? Confiscate?

Khudson7 said:
ExtraKim said:

I just ordered one from Ebay, hopefully it won't take that long until it gets here.

ddublu said:
PB30X said:
Just curious if anybody has a link or store that makes just the foam inserts for the Phantom z2? I own enough backpacks (BADLANDS) just need the foam for packing in and out.. Any suggestions are welcome..

Same here.
If you just want the foam, this might work (I don´t think that the backpack is a high quality product).

Really curious about the upcoming Manfrotto backpack release....I need one for this week and may grab the GoProfessional Limited edition and then pickup the Manfrotto to compare....really hope it's good but from the looks of the GoProfessional 5.11, it's going to be hard to beat.

ExtraKim said:
ddublu said:
PB30X said:

Same here.
If you just want the foam, this might work (I don´t think that the backpack is a high quality product).
Don´t know where the link went, but here it is.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... thers.html

GearLoose said:
Retroman, I pack my Phantom and related items into an ordinary plastic tote, one large enough to fit the quad with props mounted. I put the smaller items and batteries (in a lipo bag) on the bottom of the tote, then a thin layer of foam or soft clothing, and the Phantom on top. (There is still plenty of room, if needed, for more items under the Phantom.)

Once I've packed the tote I lash it to an empty backpack with a few adjustable straps, so that the Phantom is riding upright.

The tote is rain and dust proof, and doesn't hang up on branches when pushing through brush. When I'm ready to fly I use it as a launch pad.

I much prefer this method over packing the Phantom into a soft container, such as inside the backpack. Cheap and easy!

I heard Retroman say "RAIN', not sure everyone did.
GearLoose, Is there any chance you could post a pic or five of your "TOTE" setup? I'm not expecting much rain for the next 4 months, but snow can be just about as bad and I always need a nice launch pad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT