Bag/Backpack for Phantom

I use a cycling backpack designed to carry a helmet. I put some bubble wrap around the camera and take the blades off.
Quad and transmitter fit inside and lipos fit in side pockets. Now use this all the time whether on the bike or car.

After several months with my backpack, I ended up getting a hard case instead. :lol:

So far I'm really loving this case coming from my backpack case! It's really robust and it allows me to customize everything to the way I want to! And if I wanted new foam, it's only about $64 to replace. And yes, it rolls and has a handle.

You'll get about two layers of foam and I used the parts that didn't take up two layers of foam as a "secret compartment" to hold my chargers, spare props and screwdrivers!

Outside (you're looking at the back (hinge) side):
21awi01.jpg

Inside:
rb9ni8.jpg

20f693p.jpg

Stickers from Stuck Vinyl Graphics and the case is a Seahorse SE920.

I'm a pretty big fan of "not showing logos" and showy things.. but I hope the exterior is a deterrent or am I just attracting a ton more attention than I should? :lol:

It really did cost me an arm and a leg though. :lol:

I just finished with this setup like RIGHT NOW (you have no idea how many hours it took for sticker placements) so I haven't really rolled it around outside yet.. maybe tomorrow morning if the weather is good to me. :D

Like the case... LOVE the stickers! (attracting more attention? eh, probably... but so what)

Definitely nicer than a backpack. Though not sure why you're travelling with your battery turned on. ;-)

ProfessorStein said:
Like the case... LOVE the stickers! (attracting more attention? eh, probably... but so what)

Definitely nicer than a backpack. Though not sure why you're travelling with your battery turned on. ;-)

Thanks!! :D

I thought the pictures would've looked cooler with them on. :lol: It automatically turned off though by the time I got to the second photo. ;)

ExtraKim said:
Has anyone tried this backpack?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Backpack-Bag-Ca ... 5d4d760e1c
Same seller, a bit lower price:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Quadcop ... 2a4115fc99

98,8% Positive feedback and 122 sold, looks like a bargain doesn´t it?

Video:
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... 4.mp4.html

Disclaimer: My bag has a slightly different cut-out configuration
On an ascending scale of 1-10, I rate this bag a 4. My friend got one and I'm using it because his Phantom 1 with its aftermarket taller, wider landing gear wouldn't fit. I've been using it for a month and I'm glad it's not mine. Unfortunately, I might end up paying for it because it's deteriorating.

Quality
bag: 5 - medium quality at best
zippers: 5 - The zippers don't seem to be very robust, but there is a double zipper on the main compartment so that's convenient, as well as redundant.
straps: 3 - the strap has slipped through the buckle at least twice when I was shouldering the bag.
foam: 7.5 - seems like good foam
capacity: 9
weight: 10

Overall design, I give it a 2.
- It's clearly a bag sized for a P1 and not for a P2V+, in terms of height
- P2V+ motors have pushed through the lid foam and there are holes.
- the foam lid isn't secured to the bag lid and flies like a kite on a windy day.
- the cutouts are poorly designed. When flat on the ground, the foam does nothing to support the P2V+; it's entirely on its landing gear. They might as well have just cut a square hole and not bothered with the arms. The P1 fits a little better.
- the fact it carries P1 and P2 batteries indicates a design compromise
- propellers are hard to carry internally. I carry mine separately in a plastic tube.

Internally it can carry the following
- P1 or P2 with battery
- P1 battery x 4 and P2 battery x 4
- charger
- P2V+ controller

It's ok as a light-duty bag. I wouldn't expect it to last a backpacker more than a few weeks, but for a weekend flier who's going to carry it from the house to the trunk to the picnic table at the local field, it's fine. I wouldn't want to check it in on a flight.

If I could get one for $25, I'd buy one. It's not worth more than that.

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 602
I think the bag is the same, but the foam is different. If you get it, please let us know how your Phantom fits.

I have the same bag idk if its fronts same seller but I paid the same price as advertised and fits my p2 non vision perfectly. The seller I bought I from said it comes with 2 year warranty. Whatever that means. But for less than $50 can't complain.

I just ordered this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/251608126628 I hope it will work fine as a carry on bag for a flight. I wouldn't check it as luggage no doubt. I would want a hard case for a checked bag even then i wouldn't want to check it.

knuckles said:
I just ordered this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/251608126628 I hope it will work fine as a carry on bag for a flight. I wouldn't check it as luggage no doubt. I would want a hard case for a checked bag even then i wouldn't want to check it.

I notice they're not all the same foam (within the ad) but they seem to be the same bag.

harvey said:
I have tried all sorts of different regular backpacks which were ok but I knew I would damage something sooner or later. I quit putting in so much time and effort into it. I purchased this back and moved onto more fun stuff. This bag is great! Trying other types of bags just took up too much time and effort.
DSCN0449_zpsfb2956a7.jpg

DSCN0450_zps1376be9b.jpg

I bought the brother to it from Amazon except in Black. Just got it yesterday. Everything I expected it to be and more.

hdrider said:
harvey said:
I have tried all sorts of different regular backpacks which were ok but I knew I would damage something sooner or later. I quit putting in so much time and effort into it. I purchased this back and moved onto more fun stuff. This bag is great! Trying other types of bags just took up too much time and effort.
DSCN0449_zpsfb2956a7.jpg

DSCN0450_zps1376be9b.jpg

I bought the brother to it from Amazon except in Black. Just got it yesterday. Everything I expected it to be and more.
I have this backpack as well. Very good quality and everything fits. I like how the foam is cut. They even taper the battery compartments at the bottom so they fit nice and snug. I haven't taken it on an airplane yet, I sure would like to hear from someone who has. :D I also have the GPC hard case which is awesome too. I'm trying to decide which way to take my bird to Hawaii in December. Advice will be appreciated! :)

I own the gopro backpack like the photo above, and this week I will attempt to take it on the plane with me. I'll keep the forum posted of my results. I don't really want to check it in, I'm not sure it offers enough protection from all the abuse luggage handlers will dish out.

tmc6663 said:
I own the gopro backpack like the photo above, and this week I will attempt to take it on the plane with me. I'll keep the forum posted of my results. I don't really want to check it in, I'm not sure it offers enough protection from all the abuse luggage handlers will dish out.

checkin won't be an option anyways as you are not allowed to check in batteries.

For anyone still reviewing this thread: I bought one of these:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251606107233

it was $48 shipped. Not sure how they shipped it so fast it was here in 6 days. Seems to be of reasonable build quality for the price. Stitching and zippers seem decent. It fits my phantom 2 with gimble(gopro attached), up to 4 spare batteries, 4 props + 4 extras, controller and tool kit with room to spare.

The material is not very thick, it is lightweight and i'd only recommend for the weekend warrior. My only gripe is i'm about 6' 250 and I need to let the straps out all the way to fit it on. It wont fit over a thick sweater or winter jacket for sure.

I'll need to modify it. I'll update after i've used it a few times.

rokit said:
tmc6663 said:

checkin won't be an option anyways as you are not allowed to check in batteries.

Technically you aren't supposed to carry them on either, but of course everyone does, as they are in everything now. Are they actually strict about Lithium bats in checked luggage?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT