Bad Battery from Lightning Deal/Amazon

Reaction score
Like many people, I was able to buy a Phantom 4 battery on an Amazon lighting deal. Sent from E ZEE ELECTRONICS
Great price, new in box, $67.96 delivered to door in two days.

The battery was DOA.

It won't charge. It shows 12 rapid green flashes then shuts down. It shows no power on any system.
So, if you have this battery, I would check it to make certain it works. If it doesn't, please post so others may be aware that this seller may have a stock of bad batteries.

Hopefully this wasn't a scam sale to unload dead batteries. OP have you contacted the seller?

Reactions: antnyp85
Doubt it was a scam -- old problem. There were a ton of these installed in new P4's sold over Christmas. Also, there are been many reported from 3rd party sellers. I bought 2 from Beach Camera, and both were dead the same way.

Send it back for a refund (I doubt you can get an exchange, they were probably clearing them out on DJI's dealer recommendation to make room for the 5845Ah).

Amazon only offers a refund on "lightning deal." They are great and sent me a pre paid UPS form. Back it goes. Full refund. No problems.

I have bought batteries from e-bay and other second parties sellers. Never had a problem.

Reactions: elarryland
I had the same problem with a dead bat. Bought a P4 w/ 2 extra batteries & the DJI 3 charger base from Beach Camera on Amazon two weeks ago. One of the 3 batteries was dead. Emailed Beach camera, they sent me a RMA shipping label to send it back & the new one is on its way to me now. No fuss at all.

Ok, see here is my concern/problem. This bad battery problem appears to occur with OEM batteries, not fake ones. I have heard from many people noting they got bad batteries, new, sealed in the box.

Does anyone seem to know what the issue or problem is, and it appears price does not guarantee a good battery.

How does a person know/check a battery is good other than simply get it and try it? Any visual clues prior to purchase??

I had the same problem with a dead bat. Bought a P4 w/ 2 extra batteries & the DJI 3 charger base from Beach Camera on Amazon two weeks ago. One of the 3 batteries was dead. Emailed Beach camera, they sent me a RMA shipping label to send it back & the new one is on its way to me now. No fuss at all.
Same issue here. I ordered p4 with 2 extra batteries and a charging station from Adorama on Black Friday. One battery was DOA. No problem returning it for a new one. I like to deal with reputable dealers to minimize any hard feelings when spending on expensive toys

I'm anxiously awaiting mine that I got on the lightning deal... I'll post an update (or update my post lol) as soon as I get mine as to whether it works or not!

It seems like they have a shelf life if not used. I bought a spare battery with my drone. The one with the drone worked. The spare didn't. Droneworld exchanged it for me.

Update: I received the battery I ordered from the lightning deal and it came 25% charged. Finished charging it with no problems. It shows 0 times charged and shows no wear/tear etc. so it appears I got a good battery. Did the update when I connected it to the P4 and the app, and all appears to have gone well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen