Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Autopilot RTH

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Ron, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Ron

Ron

Does anyone know if the latest DJI Go update has solved the problem with the RTH on the Autopilot app

2. Zigs

You can go to autoflightlogic.com. They are very good about immediately updating any information. To my knowledge any progress on this issue awaits the next DJI firmware update.

-- zigs

3. Yeager74

Nope the problem has NOT been solved yet, if you're using a P3A/P plane. As per the developer; "..Apr 8, 2016: The firmware released on Apr 7, 2016 does correct the RTH issue for the Phantom 4, but the issue is still present for all other aircraft types.."

Link for the full explanation;
    DJI Firmware Issue Preventing Return-to-Home in All Versions of Autopilot

4. Yeager74

And we're still waiting for that DJI firmware update that will correct the RTH in Autopilot..

Meanwhile, I've purchased Litchi and got to say that autonomous waypoint capability of Litchi is great and in some scenarios really a must have. I realise that LCMC would be great to have with the Autopilot app.

P3P W323B GL300C, APP V.2.7.0, AIRCRAFT V.1.6.40, RC V.1.5.70, AUTOPILOT V3.2A.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. shockwave199

I think Litchi support mentioned the new DJI SDK has been in beta for a while now. Because it doesn't effect waypoint missions in litchi, it never bothered me and it's great. But now I really need to use focus mode and it does affect that mode, so it's concerning. I just wish DJI would fix the **** thing already. Ugh.

Yeager74 likes this.
  6. autoflightlogic

LCMC is now available in Autopilot 3.5 (beta).

7. Yeager74

Cool, will look forward to the Alpha version of this.

8. Yeager74

And it's now early June, and no sign of the required DJI FirmWare update, so badly needed to make waypoint missions safe!

P3P W323B GL300C, APP V.2.7.0, AIRCRAFT V.1.6.40, RC V.1.5.70, AUTOPILOT V3.2A.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

9. Yeager74

According to Autoflightlogic the latest DJI P3P Firmware update (V 1.9.60) have resolved the long outstanding failsafe RTH issue, as per below;

"..Jun 13, 2016: The firmware released on Jun 13, 2016 corrects the RTH issue for the Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional, Inspire 1, and Inspire 1 Pro. The issue is still present for the Phantom 3 Standard and Phantom 3 4K. .."

DJI Firmware Issue Preventing Return-to-Home in All Versions of Autopilot

This is indeed great news. I shall be conducting a verification mission soon.