Autopilot app, autoflight logic

We are currently still looking into it.

They still maintain that it will be fixed in the next firmware release.

You might consider using Airspace and leaving the RC on dry ground with someone.

I've received this email response from DJI last night;

".....Dear sir,
We have find a solution to resolve this problem, but we need time to test the new SDK. We will release the new version ASAP.

Thank you for your support of DJI.

Best Regards,
DJI SDK Team..."

P3P W323B GL300C, APP V.2.6.0, AIRCRAFT V.1.6.40, RC V.1.5.70, AUTOPILOT V3.1A.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've received this email response from DJI last night;

".....Dear sir,
We have find a solution to resolve this problem, but we need time to test the new SDK. We will release the new version ASAP.

Thank you for your support of DJI.

Best Regards,
DJI SDK Team..."

Looks like this fix missed today's firmware release

It's a excellent app. I've been trying the beta and it's very good. Very responsive
I've tried almost all the modes. I like waypoint a lot
[emoji109][emoji12]

I'd say after almost a 3 month wait that this totally sucks.
It sucks big time!

After watching it, I notice my landing gear in the shot a ton. I put aftermarket black landing gear on it, and it's about an inch longer than the stock landing gear, which I liked because it kept the camera off the ground that much higher. But if it's going to be in the shot that often I'm going to have to go back to stock :-(

I had the same problem on my P2 with tall landing gear. It's aggravating so I didn't get them for the P3. I think you can alter the gimbal movement in the Go app but I can't remember what it did or does but maybe you can make it "stiffer" so when it yaws to the right it won't move so easily which may make it look more jumpy though. How fast were you driving in that video? It did a good job of staying in front of you.

How fast were you driving in that video? It did a good job of staying in front of you.

I never got my truck over 15mph (24kmph) most of the mission I was a little under that speed. Yes< it did keep up well, I was very impressed. To bad I have to send it back to DJI, I have a major compass error/issue, I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works :-(

I am planning on getting this app to follow my boat around. I will test it around the docks first. And then maybe while i am offshore on a nice sunny and no wind kind of day. Of course after i have plenty of practice under my belt!!!! I am just doing lots of reading and watching videos about this app.

12322816_779023968897557_2076143984794715905_o_zps52srn4gp.jpg

I am planning on getting this app to follow my boat around. I will test it around the docks first. And then maybe while i am offshore on a nice sunny and no wind kind of day. Of course after i have plenty of practice under my belt!!!! I am just doing lots of reading and watching videos about this app.

12322816_779023968897557_2076143984794715905_o_zps52srn4gp.jpg

Nice boat! Whatever you do, don't try to do a compass calibration on that thing! Get a good calibration onshore, away from the docks and keep it.
Sounds like fun, what you have in mind. :cool:

Nice boat! Whatever you do, don't try to do a compass calibration on that thing! Get a good calibration onshore, away from the docks and keep it.
Sounds like fun, what you have in mind. :cool:

Thanks. It is named after my grandmother. And yeah i have thought about how i am going to calibrate it on here. I wonder if a thick piece of plywood would work. It does already have about 2 inches of wood on the back deck covering metal. To help the scallop dredges from sliding around on the deck. I am definitely going to test things out on land and when boats come in and go out of our home port.

My advice, FWIW...

Don't calibrate the compass anywhere near that boat (or any other similar boat, or near a steel reinforced dock)! IMO, there is NO CHANCE of getting a good compass calibration on a big steel boat like that. And once you start a cal, you can't get you old values back. Unless you travel far enough to change your magnetic declination by more than a degree or two on a map like this, you don't need to recalibrate.

Get a good calibration on shore away from metal, and then leave it alone. See the below video for an example of what happens if you calibrate in a bad spot:

I look forward to your videos!

Reactions: grottoli
My advice, FWIW...

Don't calibrate the compass anywhere near that boat (or any other similar boat, or near a steel reinforced dock)! IMO, there is NO CHANCE of getting a good compass calibration on a big steel boat like that. And once you start a cal, you can't get you old values back. Unless you travel far enough to change your magnetic declination by more than a degree or two on a map like this, you don't need to recalibrate.

Get a good calibration on shore away from metal, and then leave it alone. See the below video for an example of what happens if you calibrate in a bad spot:

I look forward to your videos!
That is interesting. I would calibrate it in Seaford, Va and then i would like to take some video when i am about 70 miles offshore and maybe off on Northern New jersey or about 30 miles off of Long Island, NY.

That is interesting. I would calibrate it in Seaford, Va and then i would like to take some video when i am about 70 miles offshore and maybe off on Northern New jersey or about 30 miles off of Long Island, NY.
Looking at the map, I think you would be fine.

Another issue might be that you may have compass errors when you attempt to launch from the boat. And the app will tell you you need to recalibrate (even though your cal is fine,the error is from the local magnetic interference). Don't do it!. You may have to launch in Atti mode, and switch to GPS when you get clear of the boat. Same thing when you land. Probably want to get good at hand catch, too. All good things to practice on dry land.

Reactions: grottoli
Looking at the map, I think you would be fine.

Another issue might be that you may have compass errors when you attempt to launch from the boat. And the app will tell you you need to recalibrate (even though your cal is fine,the error is from the local magnetic interference). Don't do it!. You may have to launch in Atti mode, and switch to GPS when you get clear of the boat. Same thing when you land. Probably want to get good at hand catch, too. All good things to practice on dry land.

Yeah alot of things to take into consideration! i will definitely practice the Atti mode take and as far as hand catching it. i will have 6 other guys with me so i am sure one of them can catch it and hopefully not get hurt. I might have to just use my phantom V1.1.1 just in case something goes wrong and it plunges down into the water. Wont hurt me as much losing that one!!!! even thought i can't use this app with that one.

They still maintain that it will be fixed in the next firmware release.

"...Dear sir
Thank you very much for your advice , we have informed R&D , and we will fix this in coming update

Thank you
Have a nice day
Dji Dev Team..."

FYI;
Received the above response from the Development Team this morning.

I've been doing a lot of research on compass issues because I am having major problems with mine, I will tell you this though, most people I've talked with or read their forums, very rarely calibrate their phantom once they have a good setting. Unless they go more than 100-150 miles away from where they originally calibrate it they don't bother with it. Several forums even said that calibrating it before every flight can actually cause problems.

I've been doing a lot of research on compass issues because I am having major problems with mine, I will tell you this though, most people I've talked with or read their forums, very rarely calibrate their phantom once they have a good setting. Unless they go more than 100-150 miles away from where they originally calibrate it they don't bother with it. Several forums even said that calibrating it before every flight can actually cause problems.
Oh... so it is compass issues that are causing the sdk/AP issue? Who would have thought... '-p.

Reactions: Yeager74
I absolutely concur with not calibrating the compass, unless you've moved a far distance away from your calibration point. The internal calibration test will let you know when you need to do a re-calibration, and there is absolutely no reason to run this process (with the threat of actually messing things up), unless the DJI GO application indicates a calibration error.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka