Autopilot app, autoflight logic

I've been doing a lot of research on compass issues because I am having major problems with mine, I will tell you this though, most people I've talked with or read their forums, very rarely calibrate their phantom once they have a good setting. Unless they go more than 100-150 miles away from where they originally calibrate it they don't bother with it. Several forums even said that calibrating it before every flight can actually cause problems.
About a year ago I packed up my Phantom FC40 to go flying. When I arrived and started up the Phantom I was getting all kinds of compas errors. I tried to recalibrate a few times but it just wasn't going to happen that day.
On the way to the park that morning Queens Bohemian rhapsody was playing on the radio ,and you cannot just listen to that at a normal volume...the quad was sitting in the back next to a large subwoofer .
I ended up having to replace the compas.

Reactions: Jack Ley
What compass issues are you having Jack?

I can't get my P3P up over 25ft without the green "safe to fly gps" switching to red and says "compass error, exit P-GPS mode" then it drifts back and fourth like it's gonna fly away, so I land it quickly. Before you ask, I have tried everything, I mean EVERYTHING, if you can suggest something I haven't tried I'll send you $25, LOL. I contacted DJI and gave them a list of all the fixes and calibrations I've tried and they emailed me back and said to send it in. What really sucks is when I first got my P3P in Dec. it had a hardware problem with the actual quad and I had to send it back to the place in Cali where I bought if from. Got it back, had a couple good flights this compass error thing started, I might tell DJI just to send me a Phantom 4 and I'll just pay the difference, doubt they'll do it though.

I can't get my P3P up over 25ft without the green "safe to fly gps" switching to red and says "compass error, exit P-GPS mode" then it drifts back and fourth like it's gonna fly away, so I land it quickly. Before you ask, I have tried everything, I mean EVERYTHING, if you can suggest something I haven't tried I'll send you $25, LOL. I contacted DJI and gave them a list of all the fixes and calibrations I've tried and they emailed me back and said to send it in. What really sucks is when I first got my P3P in Dec. it had a hardware problem with the actual quad and I had to send it back to the place in Cali where I bought if from. Got it back, had a couple good flights this compass error thing started, I might tell DJI just to send me a Phantom 4 and I'll just pay the difference, doubt they'll do it though.
I know you said everything however have you tried degaussing the compass sensor? Any tech that worked on crt displays or tape machines will have a wand in their workshop. There are also explanations on the net for diy methods.

Hi Jack. I realize you have said that you tried everything (which I assume includes multiple compass calibrations) but the symptoms you are describing sound *precisely* like a compass calibration done in the presence of some kind of magnetic interference. (It could, of course, just be a broken compass too).
It sounds like you are describing this:

I know you said everything however have you tried degaussing the compass sensor? Any tech that worked on crt displays or tape machines will have a wand in their workshop. There are also explanations on the net for diy methods.

Yup, tried that twice..lol

Hi Jack. I realize you have said that you tried everything (which I assume includes multiple compass calibrations) but the symptoms you are describing sound *precisely* like a compass calibration done in the presence of some kind of magnetic interference. (It could, of course, just be a broken compass too).
It sounds like you are describing this:

Yeah, I watched that video the other day, that is exactly what mine does, drifting wise. I believe it is truly a broken compass, If I did calibrate near something magnetic, I can't image where, most of my flights when this started happening were in a large field in a rural area, one of them was in a farm field. I have tried re-calibrating it so many times it's ridiculous, I have also calibrated the IMU, the gimbal and the RC. I have sent DAT files to people on here who couldn't figure it out, and I sent flight records to DJI and they can't figure it out. It's time for this bird to go back home to be fixed..lol.

Guess I should be posting to this thread. New to autopilot and did a waypoint mission. Completed no issue but can't find the recordings??? What "braindead" setting am I missing? I retrieve my djigo recordings no issue just the autopilots that I can't find.... had videos and pics in the mission....

Guess I should be posting to this thread. New to autopilot and did a waypoint mission. Completed no issue but can't find the recordings??? What "braindead" setting am I missing? I retrieve my djigo recordings no issue just the autopilots that I can't find.... had videos and pics in the mission....

All your photos and video should be on your sd card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys,
Yep...on the SD card. The Autopilot app site gave instructions on opening ITunes and changing permissions on directories I didn't find. But the SD takes care of it - so thanks a bunch!

This is Phantom 4 standard

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20