Autopilot 2.0 out now

What is the ETA for the next version with waypoints. If we buy 2.0 I'm guessing we'll have to pay for the next version again before we get waypoints.
People who bought AP for phantom2 are able to upgrade for free. Some of the extra features are in-app purchases. I suspect waypoints will be the same

I love the potential this app offers! I know there is a "tutorial" on the app for the different modes, but I would love to see some how-to videos done to help as well.

Better RTFM once, digest, read again, digest, test a mode or two, read it again! There's just so much to learn, but once you know everything about it, you'll love it.
You can always just start in beginner mode and not really RTFM....but then it will feel like the DJI GO app, lol...

For my part.... and having 21 books in the iBooks store - which all get free updates - I really avoid apps with in app purchases. I am OK paying for 12 months for V1 with 5 updates and paying a bit more for V2 - but paying US$20 and then being expected to pay again and again.
I gave up looking when I saw the in app purchase note so until I learn more about all this stuff... whatever DJI throws at me..is fine. And it all got better yesterday from what I am reading around the forums.

For my part.... and having 21 books in the iBooks store - which all get free updates - I really avoid apps with in app purchases. I am OK paying for 12 months for V1 with 5 updates and paying a bit more for V2 - but paying US$20 and then being expected to pay again and again.
I gave up looking when I saw the in app purchase note so until I learn more about all this stuff... whatever DJI throws at me..is fine. And it all got better yesterday from what I am reading around the forums.
An iBook doesn't even begin to compare to the task of writing complex code for aviation applications. Here's a better comparison........................

DJI's Go App - Baloney Sandwich

Autoflight Logic - Prime Rib Dinner!

I just returned the app in the app store for a refund. In my eyes it is totally unusable, and the fact that waypoints are - contrary to what they promised - not in the app makes it just worse.

They're just late in the game. If the app would have been released even a week before DJI announcement they'd make lots of money, now I don't see anything that is worth paying for...

Install this on your Android and run it. There is a spot for barometer to check.

Bluetooth GPS Output - Android Apps on Google Play

Many of the Autoflight Logic functions rely heavily on your iPads/iPhones GPS and a iPad or iPhone with barometer is a benefit for more accurate height readings but not essential.

If you do not have GPS you cannot use some of the functions in the modes such as focus on you for an orbit, or you while it is running a zip line. It also uses height readings to calibrate before you use it so that it always stays above a certain height for safety. If you do not have GPS on your device you can calibrate at the power on altitude if needed.

I just returned the app in the app store for a refund. In my eyes it is totally unusable, and the fact that waypoints are - contrary to what they promised - not in the app makes it just worse.
Waypoints were never promised for this release. They will be in the next release.

They're just late in the game. If the app would have been released even a week before DJI announcement they'd make lots of money, now I don't see anything that is worth paying for...
Autopilot has been available in the App Store since March 21, well over 5 months before DJI GO with intelligent flight modes was released. Version 2 (which supports the P3 and Inspire 1) has been ready since June but was delayed because DJI did not release the firmware which supports the SDK for those aircraft until yesterday. We released version 2 one day after the firmware was released, and we are the first third-party iOS app to support this.

An iBook doesn't even begin to compare to the task of writing complex code for aviation applications. Here's a better comparison........................

DJI's Go App - Baloney Sandwich

Autoflight Logic - Prime Rib Dinner!

I agree - I just used an example of buying an item outright. If I created a Book 2 of a subject... then it needs to be paid for. But without wishing to digress into semantics...
In app purchases are - to me - just a way to legally mug somebody. If the app is so good... sell it as such at an higher price or not. Lets face it pay $20 - or is it $40 with the in app basics - now and how long before more updates from DJi force a rethink of the app and a new version.
If its so good and better than DJI... IMHO.... it will not be long before DJI bring out a similar content update.

I wish the guy well in selling a truck load and if folk are happy to pay - then they are happy.
I just do not like in app purchases. It not a criticism of the skill, quality and functionality of the guy or his app... its just my preference in app buying.

BTW.. I am vegetarian and don't eat meat so your analogy is lost on me - but I accept its your way to express your - opinion which I respect - as I am sure you will respect my opinion- even though it not the same as yours... such is forum life my friend.

Waypoints were never promised for this release. They will be in the next release.

Autopilot has been available in the App Store since March 21, well over 5 months before DJI GO with intelligent flight modes was released. Version 2 (which supports the P3 and Inspire 1) has been ready since June but was delayed because DJI did not release the firmware which supports the SDK for those aircraft until yesterday. We released version 2 one day after the firmware was released, and we are the first third-party iOS app to support this.

I agree, but this is the P3 section of the forum, so of course I referred to P3 functionality. I was in line for the beta testing, I was eagerly waiting for the app, is a pity you were "sabotaged", right now trying to see what is the advantage of the app over the DJI Go..

I agree, but this is the P3 section of the forum, so of course I referred to P3 functionality. I was in line for the beta testing, I was eagerly waiting for the app, is a pity you were "sabotaged", right now trying to see what is the advantage of the app over the DJI Go..

As an example if you compare DJIs POI with the Autoflight Logic Orbit the most basic mode. DJI allows you to orbit a point you first fly to. AFL in its most basic mode allows the point in which you orbit to either be your location using the GPS of your device or a point set on a map within the app. If you step up to intermediate level within AFL you get access to settings to define what you focus on while orbiting, this can be one of 5 things and means you can orbit one thing while focusing on another including what you move your finger over on the iPad or iPhones screen. If you step up to Advanced then you can use offsets, to use their example if you are in a boat with someone water sking behind the boat you can have the orbit track the water skier by having it focus on you plus the offset set to their distance from you.

The other nice thing with orbit is I use it rotate around me and the family when walking for example, so its like a rotating follow me and because it is using GPS and altitude from my iPad or iPhone the camera is always pointing at us.

Same with zip line. Set one point at one end of the beach, the other point at the far end. Set the subject to the iPad or iPhone and have it zip up and down the beach while walking, riding, driving a car even.

Tutorial videos would have been great from launch but their flight school / manual is excellent, have a look Flight School - Autoflight Logic

I beta tested version 2 and as you can tell I am pretty happy with it!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor