Autopilot 2.0 out now

The first of several tutorials are out on their YouTube channel. Focus is probably the single most important concept to understand prior to trying other modes. Think of it like the first building block to create awesome videos. I just wish I had this training prior to beta testing. I learned many of the techniques mentioned in the video on my own.
Not too bad.................... but he moves pretty quickly through those tutorials! Maybe slow it down a tad for us 'tards.

Reactions: Wojohowitz
I may just be stupid! But is anyone like me struggling to actually USE Autopilot? Their Flight Manual is long on what it can do but is almost completely silent on HOW to do it. IMHO its appeal to many of our community will be limited until they write in plain English detailed guidance on how to set up and use the various modes.

I may just be stupid! But is anyone like me struggling to actually USE Autopilot? Their Flight Manual is long on what it can do but is almost completely silent on HOW to do it. IMHO its appeal to many of our community will be limited until they write in plain English detailed guidance on how to set up and use the various modes.
I find it clear and straight forward. There is a lot of information to grasp and trial and error after reading is the best way to approach it. The bottom line is it ain't for the novice person not wanting to RTFM, but for serious pilots looking to automate functions.

I find it clear and straight forward. There is a lot of information to grasp and trial and error after reading is the best way to approach it. The bottom line is it ain't for the novice person not wanting to RTFM, but for serious pilots looking to automate functions.
With the greatest of respect, I cannot agree with you that trial and error is the best approach particularly in terms of safety concerns. Thank goodness my training as a fixed wing pilot wasn't based on a trial and error basis.

Last edited:
With the greatest of respect, I cannot agree with you that trial and error is the best approach particularly in terms of safety concerns. Thank goodness my training as a fixed wing pilot wasn't based on a trial and error basis.
Trial and error = read the manual for a mode, then test that mode. Clove to another section then test it.
So not so much a matter of guessing, but taking small steps.

Trial and error = read the manual for a mode, then test that mode. Clove to another section then test it.
So not so much a matter of guessing, but taking small steps.

Yes and I would add to that by suggesting to start in basic mode and do a simple orbit or zip line in an open flat field at a good height of 50 feet to 100 feet, then crank that up to intermediate and change the POI. The app has a minimum height restriction as default of 26 feet so if you are in an open flat space very little can happen.

Try starting with this Autoflight Logic - Quick Orbit Guide | DJI Phantom Forum and then change altitude, or radius, then switch to intermediate and point the camera in a different direction etc. Remember if things get a bit exciting slide the flight mode switch back to P or hit disengage.

Last edited:
Where do we find the forum discussion for this app ? The iOS9 upgrade is causing the video to lag on this app - just like the DJI GO app.

Last edited:
I had the same problem when I first got the program. I tried following the instruction and nothing would work as I expected. I would try to drag the POI icons or the ZIP line Point A and B and nothing would work. Then on the 7th day it all worked, I could drag and use all the features that did not work before and now it is working 100%. I don't know why but it somehow fixed itself or my tablet just started working. It was a strange experience for sure.

Bought Autopilot with orbit and zip line. Really looking forward to testing it all out. Funnily enough Focus is probably the mode I'll use the most. Very cool stuff IMHO.

Not sure what DJI's position is, but we will ask them on your behalf and report back.
Finally heard back from DJI:

Simply flying a DJI aircraft using a third party app doesn’t void the warranty. However, if the pilot crashes or causes damage that is not due to mechanical failure, then it’s their responsibility to cover at least some if not all of the estimated repair cost.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20