AutoflightLogic Autopilot 2.0 for Phantom 3 almost here... POI

Sorry? You seemed not to have read the thread in which someone asked what would happen if it lost signal mid orbit and I answered that question to say it would return to home. You then said it was kind of useless if it can't orbit with return to home.

You then ask a couple of poorly worded statements and I try to help you out.

And you call me childish?

To use one of your phrases "you sir should read a thread fully before posting and you should try to grow up a bit".

Okay so you may not realize i am the one who originally asked about that. The reason I was asking is because if it can orbit something without losing connection and initiating rth that would be a great feature. (At the users own risk of course)

Not entirely sure why you felt inclined to be rude about the entire situation

Crawnic .. it looks to me like you started out being oversensitive, took offence unnecessarily and responded rudely.
That sort of behaviour isn't going to encourage anyone to help you.

All members should be aware of the community rules, particularly #2 which says ...
2. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.

Okay so you may not realize i am the one who originally asked about that. The reason I was asking is because if it can orbit something without losing connection and initiating rth that would be a great feature. (At the users own risk of course)

I see, in an orbit you just have to ensure the furthest point is within range and of course whatever you are circling is not going to obstruct the signal. To be honest I tend to walk in the opposite direction it is traveling when it is at the furthest point from me so that the time in which the object is obstructing the Phantom is minimal and I always check the RTH height will clear the object.

Over on the DJI forum someone posted an amazing video where a Phantom 3 signal lost signal mid orbit (I'm not sure if it was manual or using an app) but it hit the tower on the RTH but amazingly recovered - still not quite sure I believe it though....

You can see he was at quite a distance from the home point.

Reactions: Crawnic
Well I think that any extra apps are always a good thing. Different developers have different conceptions and pilots can find the app that best suits their flying patterns/skills/needs. As long as the cost is reasonable - no problems.

When will the android version be released (if at all)? Anybody know?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl