AutoflightLogic Autopilot 2.0 for Phantom 3 almost here... POI

Very cool, Miguel! Looks like a very polished app. I'm an android user and have been testing Litchi, and I have to say I am incredibly impressed with what they and you are accomplishing. I hope you both keep pushing each other and upping the ante, as that is great for us users.

The oficial version of the software of Autoflightlogic Autopilot 2.0 is almost here.

The last beta release is very stable and a remarkable piece of software.

Heres a small sample of the POI in action. The last clip is from the last version build 34.

The oficial version is expected to be in APP Store any day now.

How is this app going to work if the DJI firmware/GO App don't support it yet? Do you know something we don't know about that? Thank you.

Yes they will see...
I'm glad I got into the beta test group. It just opens your eyes up to new possibilities for videography!

For those with an open mind and interested in what sets Autopilot apart from others, review this page
Autopilot - Autoflight Logic

It's been an amazing beta test process. They were very responsive and open to add many "nice to have features".

I'm not sure on what would be missing from Litchi compared to Autopilot, Orbit works a treat with Litchi and the latest build allows for RC input to adjust on the fly. I'm just a little disappointed with the lack of GS in Autopilot as i really want to use my iOS devices instead of android for stability. In saying that i haven't had Litchi crash on me yet.

How is this app going to work if the DJI firmware/GO App don't support it yet? Do you know something we don't know about that? Thank you.

The Autopilot and Litchi Beta's do not require DJI Go but the phantom needs to run a Dev SDK version of firmware that is separate to the current public release. You will find that the apps will be released into the public once DJI finalises the SDK firmware build that will be the new public firmware and then you can use DJI Go, Litchi or Autopilot. I am hoping that DJI Go will have the other features missing from Autopilot, would mean that unlike Litchi i will need to use two different programs on iOS that i only use one on Android.

Is the flight speed or flight pitch angle adjustable is this app?

In Litchi the flight speed and gimble pitch is configurable for GS and Orbit modes, obviously the time displayed changes based on what speed you want to use. If your on Android and want to give it a go sign up for the beta, you won't be disappointed. I think it's going to be a very interesting month for all of us!

One thing I will say is both Litchi and Autopilot had working systems on the P2 platform. As such, they learned a lot of how to integrate functions into DJI drone. Although P3 has a different flight controller, they are well ahead of other startup drone app developers...

Many of the parameters can be adjusted using either sliders in the app or now in the later builds the RC sticks. For example if you are performing an orbit and you want to increase altitude you can push up on the left stick, or if you want to increase the radius you can pull back on the right stick.

They have a good manual / flight school here with the options Flight School - Autoflight Logic

What happens if you set to orbit a building and it
Loses signal behind the building will it rth or orbit?

Pretty **** expensive considering the new release on Monday from DJI with similar features. $35 for everything? Seems really steep to me. I know it has a lot of features but nothing that much more than DJI. No waypoints is kind of disappointing for this price.

Alan

Reactions: huntjock
It will respond just as it would with the DJI GO app so you have to be certain of your RTH height.

Seems kinda useless of a feature if it can't orbit without RTH

Unless of course it is steady enough to film an orbiting scene without worrying about jerky hand movements

Tough crowd Miguel! Negative comments on an app that haven't been publicly released yet! I'm looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for the time and effort that's been invested in this project.

Reactions: bimmy and Sammynels
Seems kinda useless of a feature if it can't orbit without RTH

Sorry what do you mean? It it loses signal it instigates a return to home - kind of sensible don't you think?

Unless of course it is steady enough to film an orbiting scene without worrying about jerky hand movements

Thats what it does. You may want to check the websites for these apps as I am not sure you understand what they do.

Just for notice. I dont belong to autoflightlogic Team. Um just a tester that likes the aplication. This App is really good. You will see in a few days when You can compare it....

About loosing signal, i think that it will just lerdo going to do what is doing. I dont know for sure because it didnt happen to me.
I Always make sure in dji go App that my RTH altitude is higher then my surroundings.

I just want an app that I don't have to plot points on a map or do any fancy stuff to get it to work. 1. Fly to point A, push a button for "start". Fly to point B, push a button for "end". That's my straight line and I can use the right stick to fly back and forth at whatever speed I need (or program the speed in), and yaw left/right without fear of veering off course.

2. Fly to point A and push button for center of radius. Fly to point B, this is the outside of radius. Push button and it goes automatically around.

All the POI videos I've seen so far on all apps can't seem to keep the camera centered. They always go back and forth as it moves around.

Reactions: Miguel Silva
Thats what it does. You may want to check the websites for these apps as I am not sure you understand what they do.

I know what they SAY they do. In practice that is not always the case.
Next time you wanna get snarky. Don't.
I asked a simple question and you get a childish attitude to the matter. You sir can kindly piss off.

I know what they SAY they do. In practice that is not always the case.
Next time you wanna get snarky. Don't.
I asked a simple question and you get a childish attitude to the matter. You sir can kindly piss off.

Sorry? You seemed not to have read the thread in which someone asked what would happen if it lost signal mid orbit and I answered that question to say it would return to home. You then said it was kind of useless if it can't orbit with return to home.

You then ask a couple of poorly worded statements and I try to help you out.

And you call me childish?

To use one of your phrases "you sir should read a thread fully before posting and you should try to grow up a bit".

I just want an app that I don't have to plot points on a map or do any fancy stuff to get it to work. 1. Fly to point A, push a button for "start". Fly to point B, push a button for "end". That's my straight line and I can use the right stick to fly back and forth at whatever speed I need (or program the speed in), and yaw left/right without fear of veering off course.

2. Fly to point A and push button for center of radius. Fly to point B, this is the outside of radius. Push button and it goes automatically around.

All the POI videos I've seen so far on all apps can't seem to keep the camera centered. They always go back and forth as it moves around.

I think the DJI GO intelligent flight modes will be perfect for you then as from their website...

Waypoints - Capturing the perfect aerial maneuver just got a lot easier. Record a complex flight path and watch your aerial camera fly to the same locations automatically at a customizable speed. Users can adjust the angle of the camera while it’s on its autonomous flight to capture the perfect shot. Specific flight paths can be saved for repeat missions to capture the same angle across times of day or across multiple times per year.

Point of Interest - Get sweeping aerial shots like never before. Set a point, altitude, distance and speed and your aerial camera will automatically fly around an object, person or place with the lens perfectly angled to keep the point in the center of the frame. This makes it simple to get cinematic aerial shots that were previously difficult to capture.​

I do agree sometimes using Autoflight Logic is pretty daunting but in simple mode there is less clicking on maps than the advanced mode. For their zip line which is cable cam you can fly the phantom to a point and press set point A, then fly to another point and press set point B so its possible using third party apps. I have found it does a pretty good job at keeping the camera on your subject with plenty of examples on youtube.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl