Auto Take Off - Why would I use this? What am I missing?

Reaction score
I have never used Auto take off or landing....what am I missing? It's so simple to do them manually that I know I have to be missing the reason for using it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have never used Auto take off or landing....what am I missing? It's so simple to do them manually that I know I have to be missing the reason for using it.

Really only useful for the new pilot, helping to reduce the intimidation factor. Oh, and to show off to your friends about how cool your new toy is.

I used it twice and realized it makes no sense. But for a real beginner that has not read full throttle on take off might use it instead of going to easy on the throttle and tipping over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah....useless function... I used it once cause I wanted to know what it does :D

Thanks for the feedback. I kept thinking to myself that these things must be really hard to fly and I was just getting lucky :)

Auto take off feature could be useful for:
1. Persons with shaking fingers
2. Third party apps like Litchi or others where you like to go for autonomous flights. They use internal auto takeoff API.
3. It's a feature offered by other competitors

I have never used it as I feel manual takeoff more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I used this once, right after I got everything set up, at night in my poorly lit family room.

It took off in ATTI mode and rather than use the controller I grabbed its landing gear as it drifted toward the wall.

After that I read the manual again and haven't used auto takeoff again.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I happen to like auto takeoff myself,though can certainly manually take off whenever I wish.

Landings are always manual for me.

Reactions: Amigorick
I use auto take off all the time flying Litchi missions, When I walk away from my bird, ready for take off, my dog comes & lsits beside me, one hand on her collar, other hand I flip auto take off, once she's airborn,(my bird) I do give throttle a hit to get a little more height than auto gives you, just out of dog range & remove hand from her collar, Sydney, my Austrailian Blue healer, heads to bird & goes absolutely nuts jumping at P3A until ground sonar stops calling out to her, which seems to be about 10 meters.

Reactions: MCTV
I've done about 10 flights in beginner mode. Getting comfortable with the controls

The Csc command doesn't respond in beginner mode, the only way to take off is using the auto take off button

I use it every time, i don't find it anymore complicated to use than manual.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164