Argtek antenna worse than standard antenna

Reaction score
Hi guys first time posting on here, I have recently installed an argtek antenna on both mine and my sons p3s my sons is working perfectly getting a lot more range than the standard antenna, but mine is worse than the standard antenna, the clip on the range port is a little loose but can't get it to fit any better no matter how many times I try has anyone have any ideas of how I can sort this issue it is driving me crazy watching my son get all this extra range, while I am not getting what I was as standard.

That's the problem with ARGtek. Very inconsistent. There are many complaints on here on this. I had a similar experience. You'll hardly ever see a complaint about a DBS ITELITE.

Reactions: Bobeywon
Hi guys first time posting on here, I have recently installed an argtek antenna on both mine and my sons p3s my sons is working perfectly getting a lot more range than the standard antenna, but mine is worse than the standard antenna, the clip on the range port is a little loose but can't get it to fit any better no matter how many times I try has anyone have any ideas of how I can sort this issue it is driving me crazy watching my son get all this extra range, while I am not getting what I was as standard.
Welcome to the forum! I am not trying to push ya away, but the p3 standard has different antennas than the advanced/pro, you may wanna post here: Standard/4k Discussion

When you say "clip on the range port is a little loose" do you mean internally on the RC? If so, you can use some silicon or hot glue to hold it in place, that bad connection could be why. Id honestly take follow-up questions to the standard forum, those guys rock and can totally help!

Reactions: dirkclod
Don't know anything about these. Would it be difficult to swap them to see if the problem follows the antenna?

If your antenna wire has come loose internally or you have powered on the remote without the antennas connected, you could have fried your transmitter. Powering on any kind of transmitter without a properly connected antenna will load it and burn it out almost instantly. If you mean your connections are loose, "clip on range port?", then you probably have bent the micro pin inside the antenna connection on the PC board or the antenna wire.

Definitely did not turn the rc on and used hot glue to hold it also but still no joy the port on the board looks perfect I used magnifying glass to look at it, all I can think of is that the clip is a little damaged I have looked at it and it does look a bit out of shape to be fair I have another antenna coming tomorrow so hopefully this time it will go well fingers crossed

It is not sudden death to these TXs in all cases. Some can last for hours. Heat is the problem and each case is different.

Reactions: dirkclod and Oso
Those ARGtek panels and wiring are a mess anyway. I would choose something else. I took one of my panels apart and it looked like it was soldered and assembled by a blind d five year old. Then I had one of the cables break at the connector and I was getting crappy range. I ordered some better quality cables and use Alfa panels now. I get much better results.
Also, the Alfa panels and cables bought separately cost less than the ARGtek kit.

Definitely did not turn the rc on and used hot glue to hold it also but still no joy the port on the board looks perfect I used magnifying glass to look at it, all I can think of is that the clip is a little damaged I have looked at it and it does look a bit out of shape to be fair I have another antenna coming tomorrow so hopefully this time it will go well fingers crossed
"no joy the port"
I am confused.

When I say the port I mean the part that the antenna clips on inside the rc as I said before definitely didn't turn the rc on as disconnected all the wires first by this I mean battery etc

When I say the port I mean the part that the antenna clips on inside the rc as I said before definitely didn't turn the rc on as disconnected all the wires first by this I mean battery etc
Hi yeh really has to clip hard in place,,;)bèen there when changed my ones,

I had the same problem but i just ordered new ataeneas from Amazon.com and they are twice as powerful as the ones that came with the argtek ,with the argtek I got 5 dbi and 7 dbi the ones I ordered are 10 dbi and 12 dbis hopefully this will fix my problem i will let you know

do these look right cables???
$_57.jpg

Have not forgotten about u haven't heard had time to look it up will in little bit
2.4 GHz high gain omni wifi antenna- custom
Cables group LLC it cost 8.50
The other one is sold by same company 2x 2.4 G 2.4GHz10bi. Cost 10.99

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl