Argtek antenna worse than standard antenna

2.4 GHz high gain omni wifi antenna- custom
Cables group LLC it cost 8.50
The other one is sold by same company 2x 2.4 G 2.4GHz10bi. Cost 10.99

I hope that they work
All sorted now guys it was a bad connection thanks again

Have you got the link to those antennas you bought ?

Have not forgotten about u haven't heard had time to look it up will in little bit

Last edited:
In advance, I'm not an expert.

so ill the above cables not work ??

They look like they are the ones you need. More specifically, you need a U.FL to RP-SMA female pigtail antenna cable. That is a cable with a U.FL connection on one side and an RP-SMA female (threads outside, pin inside) connection on the other. In my searches I found varying cable thicknesses too. The cables that said RG178 (they look like the image you posted) on them were the thickest I've seen. From what I understand they have around 10% less signal loss over 1ft than the black/grey 1.13mm cables.

I couldn't get your link to open, but I assume it is these?

Super Power Supply® 3 x 12dBi 2.4GHz 5GHz Dual Band: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I suppose they would work. They are 2ft long though! Not sure I'd want three antennas that size on the controller. They are coming from USA, so delivery cost and time will be high. Apparently higher dBi antennas, but I don't know if it's worth getting them over the Alfa antennas that others have tested and get good reviews(cost £25 and free delivery within a week vs £35 and delivery in a month):

Alfa Network APA-M04 2.4GHz 7 dBi high gain directional indoor panel antenna with RP-SMA connector: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Alfa Network APA-M25 dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz 8 / 10dBi high gain directional indoor panel antenna with RP-SMA connector (compare to Asus WL-ANT-157): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Hi I was looking at the Alfa panels would they fit on the argtek kit I have already installed or would I have to do a new install ?

Hi I was looking at the Alfa panels would they fit on the argtek kit I have already installed or would I have to do a new install ?

Almost certain they would fit. Don't own one personally, but there are at least a few people on here that have replaced ARGtek's panels with Alfas. They are the same connector (RP-SMA) as any of the antennas that came with the ARGtek.

That's great thanks, I already have them in my Amazon basket I think I'm going to go and buy them now [emoji106]

Ok the Alfa antennas have been delivered today, weather permitting going test them tomorrow as I have a few days of work

Reactions: Dazzauk
What do you get from that in contested area ?

Hmm good question actually.

In a average area away from homes but near to oil refinery and telephone masts 1.2miles

In my back garden I have reached 15500 feet with full signal,

Haven't tested the max range from my garden yet but I think I could get 4000feet no worries.

Also do you know of any video tutorials regarding antenna mods that are quite straight forward to install

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves