Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

<< argumentative post removed >>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am saying by registering his drone he is now a good pilot ? What is the difference if you register....doesn't change your skill set. You can't tell anything about me from a thread on a fourm...

That's why the UAS airman cert is forthcoming. To get everyone on the same page.

Now I have a pilots agenda... You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it. If you have a real question, ask. Otherwise it's just hot air. ENOUGH SAID.

<< argumentative post removed >>

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I have a pilots agenda... You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it. If you have a real question, ask. Otherwise it's just hot air. ENOUGH SAID.

You should stop calling people names such as "nut" simply because they disagree with you.
And making sarcastic statements like leading a horse to water doesn't help the conversation, or your credibility.

You assume your POV is the right one and only one. You know hat happens when you assume ?

The FAA has no legislative power. All legislative power is in congress. So as soon as a constitutional ammendment is ratified by the states to grant the FAA legeslative powers, then I will register. Until then, f**k em.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Unfortunately.
The Congress of the US can create 'agencies'. Some of these are more well known than others. They include EPA, OSHA, IRS, and...wait for it...the FAA. These agencies can formulate regulations based on their 'charter' or area of interest. People have regularly challenged these agencies as unconstitutional and have lost just about every single case. What the FAA says is now law, is now law.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Unfortunately.
The Congress of the US can create 'agencies'. Some of these are more well known than others. They include EPA, OSHA, IRS, and...wait for it...the FAA. These agencies can formulate regulations based on their 'charter' or area of interest. People have regularly challenged these agencies as unconstitutional and have lost just about every single case. What the FAA says is now law, is now law.

Yep, bureaucrats are fee-nominal at creating more bureaucracy.

I'm just waiting for the "Toiletries Commission" to be formed to tell me how much "going" will cost, what kind of toilet paper I can use, how far in advance of using the bathroom I have to notify them and what books I can read while there....if that's even allowed that is.
I'm giddy with anticipation.

What we need is more government Nannies since we're all unruly children who can't think for ourselves.
I'm so enthralled that all the billions of laws already on the books are keeping us all so safe and cozy. We need MORE !!!
What a glorious day has arrived on our nation !!!

Oh...I'm not registering at this time. With all the headaches, I'm actually considering dumping the hobby. It "was" great for a while but
having to worry every time I fly; who thinks I'm spying on them or is calling the Police......nahhh....that's no fun.
(But don't fear, if I do I'll still chime in here and there to add to the discussions) ;)

Reactions: ObiDon and GaDrone
My question is why do we have to register, but these 1/4 scale helicopters and airplanes with 10'+ wing spans doesn't have to....Can't they do more damage than my little DJI Quad ?
If the UAV weighs between .5 and 55 lbs the owner must register. Regardless of type of UAV. The aircraft you reference are UAVs. The owners must register in order to fly.

If the UAV weighs between .5 and 55 lbs the owner must register. Regardless of type of UAV. The aircraft you reference are UAVs. The owners must register in order to fly.

It says on the FAA site "Drone registration" so I'm confused now ?

Speaking of Registration....was at the counties largest hobby store yesterday....several drones being sold.

Not ONE WORD from any of the clerks about any registration. Not a peep.
When I casually mentioned it...all 3 clerks glared at me like "shut the ef up"...I was like ooookay.

When the customers had left, one of them said "MAN, you almost blew those sales for us".
I was thinking to myself.....isn't it "required for new drone sales at this point? Oh, they were DEFINITELY over 1 pound.

So they are still selling drones without the registration at least at the largest hobby shop near me.

Reactions: GaDrone
Speaking of Registration....was at the counties largest hobby store yesterday....several drones being sold.

When I casually mentioned it...all 3 clerks glared at me like "shut the ef up"...I was like ooookay.

When the customers had left, one of them said "MAN, you almost blew those sales for us".
I was thinking to myself.....isn't it "required for new drone sales at this point? Oh, they were DEFINITELY over 1 pound.

So they are still selling drones without the registration at least at the largest hobby shop near me.

Be careful saying that around a few of the guys on here. They would be quick to report that...

Reactions: JKDSensei

Same at Best Buy who had 20 plus P3s at the front door

Speaking of pilots.

Pilots (who also fly drones) might have to reconsider that flying drones and potentially violating an FAA reg could impact their Airman's certificates.
No way in hell you'd want $30,000 (or more) of flight training and certification to be taken away over a **** toy.
Just a thought.

Reactions: aka1ceman
Same at Best Buy who had 20 plus P3s at the front door

So, lots of folks here lining up to register...but probably only two registrations nationwide so far of the NEW PURCHASES which unless I'm mistaken (would be the 1st time)....they are required to register immediately (or before flying). So WAG...5,000 per day NEW drones sold daily nationwide..2 of those registered per day.

So that would mean the only registrations are PhantomPilots.com members. Whodathunkit? ;)

Reactions: L.Chaney
It says on the FAA site "Drone registration" so I'm confused now ?
There is much misleading terminology on the FAA website. The drone is NOT registered. The owner, who will probably be the pilot, is registered. The owners number can be put on one or more aircraft. These aircraft can be fixed wing remote control jets (etc.), or quad/hex/octocopters such as we own.

Be careful saying that around a few of the guys on here. They would be quick to report that...
Who would report it? Why would they? Just because some of us disagree with you doesn't mean we're joining the gestapo. Also, as far as I know there is no requirement that Best Buy or anyone else notify buyers that they must register.

Who would report it? Why would they? Just because some of us disagree with you doesn't mean we're joining the gestapo. Also, as far as I know there is no requirement that Best Buy or anyone else notify buyers that they must register.

It should be required to be informed at time of sale. That's kinda shady sales techniques from that store.

Reactions: JKDSensei

Let me check into that. I did think that all NEW purchasers had to register before first flight. But I can't recall the process for that. Maybe they do it themselves at home? I doubt most of them would have bought it had they known. Like the hobby store I was at said...if I had mentioned the registration requirement, they would have lost all those sales.....they probably know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT