Are there Rules about flying over neighbors homes???

Fortunately the chances of that happening are next to none.
I think next to the chat forum Lawyer, the chat forum Tough Guy is the most entertaining.

You can't take your motocross bike out on the highway doing wheelies.
The cops do not even need to look at the FAA regulations to ticket you.
Stunting, public mischief, endangering peoples property and around 15 more eligible charges plus lose your drone till courts over.
Hey!! give it a shot and see what happens.

The cops do not even need to look at the FAA regulations to ticket you.
Stunting, public mischief, endangering peoples property and around 15 more eligible charges plus lose your drone till courts over.
you must not be from america. cops over here can not just ticket you cause they want to. you act like flying a drone is illegal. it's not. that's why so many people have them. sorry it sucks where you live.

Fortunately the chances of that happening are next to none.
I think next to the chat forum Lawyer, the chat forum Tough Guy is the most entertaining.
The chances of that happening are going up exponentially as I speak.
Flying higher, bigger batteries and every month there is 3 million more roaming the skies.
Most are Chinese junk that will eventually burst into flames.
Just Google " lithium battery burns down house"
Even Tesla can't get it right.

Reactions: mikesmiley
The chances of that happening are going up exponentially as I speak.
Flying higher, bigger batteries and every month there is 3 million more roaming the skies.
Most are Chinese junk that will eventually burst into flames.
Just Google " lithium battery burns down house"
Even Tesla can't get it right.
I think you're in the wrong forum. Do you even own a drone?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Apilot101
Guys can we please just get back on track? OP is asking about how to deal with neighbors, not the legality of flying drones and the dangers that come with it. If you keep arguing over something stupid the mods will lock this thread.

The OP wants to know, quote: ", i won't to know if there are any rules that says i can't fly my drone around my countryside"

Unfortunately that involves the legal interpretation of the rules.

Lots of silly remarks in this thread. Since no one really has the correct answer...use common sense. It actually works sometimes. I love and fly drones but I don't want some other pilot cconstantly buzzing my house at low altitudes or hovering in place for a long time like they are spying. I have 3 acres and fly a lot here and do fly over other's property. I don't fly terribly high. Most of the time less than 200 feet but I don't linger over someone's property like I'm spying. Be courteous and respect their fears. But that doesn't mean that you should stop flying just because someone doesn't like it. If you are not invading their space and flying within regs....keep flying. I don't care what hobby or activity you do....someone will not like it. Stand your ground if you are doing nothing wrong. No need to fight with neighbors. If they complain about you, they had better prove you were doing something wrong. Cops have to respond to complaints...no matter how dumb. If you are a person that thinks the laws and just being an *** don't apply to you, you will have some problems. I have been flying rc since about 1989. Planes mostly. I have flown in my front yard many times and over other property. Started flying Phantoms in early 2014. Never had a complaint
I went to a local park yesterday to fly my Phantom. I went early to avoid people. After two batteries, people started arriving. I got my video. Some arrived and watched . Only thing said was one guy asking. .HOW HARD IS THAT TO FLY. I stay away from people in the park. When they come to play ball etc....I leave. Don't be a jerk and you will probably not have any problems. By some of the comments here....you guys will always have problems with others.

Last edited:
well I just flew over a lot of houses but was safe about it was 1650 feet up opps should of not mention the height lol

The maximum of 400' is to keep you out of air traffic.
You buzz my house and the cops will have your drone.

HAHAHA HAHAHA, seriously, you cannot be that naive, do you really believe cops have some sort of special powers over people and can do what you tell them to do?

Cops wouldn't TOUCH my drone if I flew over your house. and neither would you, go put a complaint in with the city, then move to century village

Reactions: Apilot101
Why are you attempting to argue with me.
The mod doesn't take to argumentative behaviour.
....really? are you a Pot or Kettle??

HAHAHA HAHAHA, seriously, you cannot be that naive, do you really believe cops have some sort of special powers over people and can do what you tell them to do?

Cops wouldn't TOUCH my drone if I flew over your house. and neither would you, go put a complaint in with the city, then move to century village

This is true. Unless there's some city ordinance of some kind, you should be fine. Remember, your neighbors can call the police on you whenever they want, (and so can you) and they have to respond to the call. Doesnt make you guilty of breaking laws just because he shows up.

I had the police at my house so I could ask questions that neighbors were accusing me of. The officer said there is nothing they can do. It is not illegal to fly a drone. He told me they get plenty of calls about drones these days and as long as you are not doing crazy stuff, they will not do a thing. He said happy flying and don't worry.

This poor thread LOL!

I guess it's official... It's a GONER!

Reactions: Myetkt
opps
DJI_0023.JPG

you get great pics at 400 feet
DJI_0019.JPG

Reactions: Michael_A
I had the same situation with a neighbor that didn't care for me flying/hovering over his lot (me looking out over the lake, not down).He marched over and tried the riot act about privacy and needing permits (straightened him out on "recreational use", and it's just an expensive toy for me). I'm fine with going around his place, not worth ill feelings when I see him every day. What I did next was talk with another neighbor 2 doors over which we are well acquainted with, and they have no problem with me accessing the lake over his lot. I'll agree that the darn things are noisy too, I can easily hear my P4 over 1000' away on a calm day, so frequent buzzing around could become an issue. I too prefer doing landscapes out in the country, and if I want to do any POI's in populated areas, I go early in the A.M.

Reactions: mikesmiley

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl