Apple Watch cause interference?

Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question but just curious would wearing an Apple Watch cause any type of interference with the radio signal while flying I do fly in airplane mode. Thanks

I always fly with my Apple watch. No issues yet. I only remove it when calibrating the compass.

Good point. Hadn't thought about removing it while calibrating the compass. Will do from now on.

P3P

I just did a search for Apple Watch and found this Tread...

I just did firmware upgrade - IMU calibration - went outside as usual to recalibrate the compass in the same spot as always - nothing around as noted at all. Calibration failed 3 times - UGH!!! WTF!!!
Then I realized, I was wearing my Apple Watch ??? Could it be that? Sure enough - as soon as I took it off all calibrated fine. I guess I never had it on all the other times I have recalibrated the compass.

I don't think I will even fly again while wearing it.
I wonder what it is doing to my wrist etc... LOL!

IDK... 3 tries with watch on = fail
1st try watch off = all good

I don't Believe I have had my watch on calibrating the compass before.

Watch was close to P3P as I was spinning it around? Hand to hand... Maybe?

I used to just hold bird and spin myself, but I get dizzy easy... Lol

Apple Watch is made of aluminum. Wouldn't cause compass errors. No issues with my watch on my wrist or iPhone in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

All Inspire 1 flights without my Apple Watch have been perfect. First time I had it on I got interference warnings in the app. Held my arm away from the controller and they stopped. Back and forth several times - it's the watch. Took it off and put it about 8 ft away. Took off and immediately crashed. :-(
I may have calibrated with it on. Don't recall.

I figured I had to be nuts but guess not. Thank you all for sharing your experiences on this.

IDK just a thought... Maybe it was not the watch at all, but the band? Mine is a SS Milanese loop / maybe that caused my issues?

I've just got the annoying rubber one and a few fabric bands. Really strange it's being such a problem considering that phone doesn't cause issues and has a lot more going on. IDK... Just weird but a problem for sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl