App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

Okay sounds good! This is the link where all the files should be located for anyone interested in possibly trying to fix them themselves
Dropbox - DJI PROBLEMS
Inside the folder there should be another folder that has a clip that ended up being fine and isnt corrupt (for reference if needed)
I work in the wedding industry and these videos are really gonna make or break my video so any help is appreciated! :):):)

Crap, did you get any where I just remembered this, got busy Wednesday afternoon, had Thursday off, home work day, was busy all day Friday, just remembered this thread.

Rod

Can't run your program, I unzipped it into my C:\Utils folder, in a folder of it's own. I get a "missing fixer.exe" message, when it's clearly right there.

Attachments

• asdf.png
    asdf.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 466
Playing around, I used one of the built in "good video" settings and it created a new .exe in that folder and then reported that it was also missing lol
But, now, reloading the same "good" and "fix" locations - I'm NOT getting "Phase 1 Failed!" no matter what combinations of things i pick.
asdf.png

Can't run your program, I unzipped it into my C:\Utils folder, in a folder of it's own. I get a "missing fixer.exe" message, when it's clearly right there.
Yep, I got the same on Saturday, first time I downloaded it and installed on that computer (Win 7), of coarse it wasn't really important to fix the files and forgot about already.

If you need a fix, you could try some of his prior posts (Meaning different / older download).
I guess he must be busy, or out of internet range.

I wonder if @russianhustle every got help.

I wished I had downloaded @russianhustle files on my work computer before I forgot.
:mad:

Anyways, I guess if you want me to try a older version I got, let me know..

Rod

Heyguys sorry about that ive been so busy with school starting for me I forgot to check the forum! :eek:
Ill upload the file for comparison right now, its just that I ran out of space in dropbox! Thanks for everything guys!
Here is the link again
Dropbox - DJI PROBLEMS
One of them is a file that has been fixed and another is one that came from the camera and was not corrupted! :)

Hi people, I am so sorry I didnt get back to you sooner, I was out of the country on vacation!!
I just got to see some of the files (3 random ones) posted on Dropbox.
The reason the app ends so quickly is because the files do not have anything on them.
When you open them in a Hex Editor the only thing you see are "000000...." that unfortunately means there is nothing to recover!!. You can do the test yourself download any hex editor and open your files. If there is only 00s then your files are only reserving space but no content at all!!!
sorry guys nothing to do with them!

I seams like you are trying to run the program from a network folder, the program gets confused about the location of the files :(.
Could please try to run it from a local folder?
(next versions I will try to fix it in order to be network location compatible!).

Please read my above message, the program is blowing up and not running correctly.
Yep, @russianhustle made me think Luis had been busy, and was back at school.

What?

Hum, anyways, I will sign on to my work computer try what @Luis J. is suggesting.

Rod

Okay sounds good! This is the link where all the files should be located for anyone interested in possibly trying to fix them themselves
Dropbox - DJI PROBLEMS
Inside the folder there should be another folder that has a clip that ended up being fine and isnt corrupt (for reference if needed)
I work in the wedding industry and these videos are really gonna make or break my video so any help is appreciated! :):):)

Heyguys sorry about that ive been so busy with school starting for me I forgot to check the forum! :eek:
Ill upload the file for comparison right now, its just that I ran out of space in dropbox! Thanks for everything guys!
Here is the link again
Dropbox - DJI PROBLEMS
One of them is a file that has been fixed and another is one that came from the camera and was not corrupted! :)

Work in the wedding industry (Make or Break)?
School starting, wedding industry failed?

One file is fixed, and one came from the camera and was not corrupted.
So how did you fix it?
Did Luis J., program work?

Rod

Work in the wedding industry (Make or Break)?
School starting, wedding industry failed?

One file is fixed, and one came from the camera and was not corrupted.
So how did you fix it?
Did Luis J., program work?

Rod
The file that was fixed was fixed using the program the Luis has created. That really is a bummer that these videos are corrupted... :/ Im just wondering why the file size is so large if it is filled with 0000? I have no idea about the details of data so I am just curious.
Hi people, I am so sorry I didnt get back to you sooner, I was out of the country on vacation!!
I just got to see some of the files (3 random ones) posted on Dropbox.
The reason the app ends so quickly is because the files do not have anything on them.
When you open them in a Hex Editor the only thing you see are "000000...." that unfortunately means there is nothing to recover!!. You can do the test yourself download any hex editor and open your files. If there is only 00s then your files are only reserving space but no content at all!!!
sorry guys nothing to do with them!

Ru
The file that was fixed was fixed using the program the Luis has created. That really is a bummer that these videos are corrupted... :/ Im just wondering why the file size is so large if it is filled with 0000? I have no idea about the details of data so I am just curious.

russianhustle, a digital file is made out of bits, bit are either 0s or 1s. Combinations of 0s and 1 represent information stored in those files. There can not be any useful information stored in a file that is made out of only 0s. For better understanding and easiest representation, people manage files contents in hexagesimal format, meaning 0-9 + A-F, since 1 byte contains 8 bits, there is a convenience in viewing it in hexagesimal ( multiples of 8) (although you can manage it in any format you like) So even when a file is filled of 0s every 0 is actually a bit, if you look inside with an hexviewer every 00 you see is a byte (1 character) if the file has 242,335,675 00s it means your file is 231 Mb, exactly like your DJI_0008.MOV. It does not mean it does not have information, it means it is only 00s. If you are curious enough download a free hexeditor at wxHexEditor and take a look at your files contents, you will see the structure of a good one and compare it with the corrupted ones.

Last edited:
Well Luis thank you so much anyways! Great explanation btw, sounds like something interesting to learn!
Ru

russianhustle, a digital file is made out of bits, bit are either 0s or 1s combinations of 0s and 1 represent information stored in those files, there can not be any useful information stored in a file made out of only 0s, for better understanding and easiest representation people manage files contents in hexagesimal format meaning 0-9 + A-F since 1 byte contains 8 bits, Do you see the convenience in having multiples of 8? (although you can manage it in any format you like ) So even when a file is filled of 0s every 0 is actually a bit or if you look inside with an hexviewer every 00 you see is a byte (1 character) if the file has 242,335,675 00s it means your file is 231 Mb, exactly like your DJI_0008.MOV. It does not mean it does not have information, it means it is only 00s. If you are curious enough download a free hexeditor at wxHexEditor and take a look at your files contents, you will see the structure of a good one and compare it with the corrupted ones.

Ru

russianhustle, a digital file is made out of bits, bit are either 0s or 1s. Combinations of 0s and 1 represent information stored in those files. There can not be any useful information stored in a file that is made out of only 0s. For better understanding and easiest representation, people manage files contents in hexagesimal format, meaning 0-9 + A-F, since 1 byte contains 8 bits, there is a convenience in viewing it in hexagesimal ( multiples of 8) (although you can manage it in any format you like) So even when a file is filled of 0s every 0 is actually a bit, if you look inside with an hexviewer every 00 you see is a byte (1 character) if the file has 242,335,675 00s it means your file is 231 Mb, exactly like your DJI_0008.MOV. It does not mean it does not have information, it means it is only 00s. If you are curious enough download a free hexeditor at wxHexEditor and take a look at your files contents, you will see the structure of a good one and compare it with the corrupted ones.

Good try Luis, I bet he is still confused :D

I downloaded HexEditor, been along time since I used one to view any files.
I will use to look at my goofed up files, your program didn't fix them, just finally tried today.
It's no big deal, it only like the last 3-5 secs of the video, I could easily trimed of the ends.
IMG_7765.PNG IMG_7764.PNG IMG_7763.PNG
I thinking this cause my actually be communications from the camera to the SD card. Your program finished with no errors, I just have the same results.

Rod

Well Luis thank you so much anyways! Great explanation btw, sounds like something interesting to learn!
So your large file being empty so to speak, I guess my thought is your system was told to record the camera at your set restitution. It did between your trigger of record and stop. but the data wasn't making from the camera to your SD card. You may have a problem unit, you would need to do some testing.
I just thought of this because of some recent stuff I have been happening they few flights around my house.

When Luis said "0-9 + A-F"

I look at it this way.

0 = 1
1 = 2
2 = 3
3 = 4
4 = 5
5 = 6
6 = 7
7 = 8
8 = 9
9 = 10
A = 11
B = 12
C = 13
D = 14
E = 15
F = 16

How to count to 16 by only using single space or byte?
The left column (0-F)

So what if we would have had 16 fingers instead of 10?

I have no clue, if any of this is correct :rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: Luis J.
So your large file being empty so to speak, I guess my thought is your system was told to record the camera at your set restitution. It did between your trigger of record and stop. but the data wasn't making from the camera to your SD card. You may have a problem unit, you would need to do some testing.
I just thought of this because of some recent stuff I have been happening they few flights around my house.

When Luis said "0-9 + A-F"

I look at it this way.

0 = 1
1 = 2
2 = 3
3 = 4
4 = 5
5 = 6
6 = 7
7 = 8
8 = 9
9 = 10
A = 11
B = 12
C = 13
D = 14
E = 15
F = 16

How to count to 16 by only using single space or byte?
The left column (0-F)

So what if we would have had 16 fingers instead of 10?

I have no clue, if any of this is correct :rolleyes:

Rod
It seems you are all right!

Attachments

• conversion-table.jpg
    conversion-table.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 1,864
I have been using the wonderful djifix.exe, but sometimes it does not repair my videos, so I looked further and found some pieces of software (all console application) which requires a lot of effort and knowledge to build the proper command line, so I made my own GUI application (using those apps, sorry only for Windows) which until now has been able to fix all my P3P damaged videos. I like to share with you all to download, its pretty easy to use. Only choose (browse for) a good video from your disk with the same settings of the damaged one and then choose the damaged video and click fix it, the app will do everything it need to fix it, you will have a new working video in the same folder the application started. I hope it works for you all: download it here
FIX-DJI.zip
Thank you so much for the program to fix my busted files. I crashed my Phantom 3 Pro into a pine forest and while using the camera to search for me on the ground so I could find the tree the drone was stuck in, it naturally ran out of battery power and corrupted the videos I had taken. I tried everything to open them and even resorted to "fiverr" to find someone who could open them for a fee. I was quoted $75 to open 3 files from some dude in Russia....yeah as if that would happen. So I had given up until I found your post....after a bit of a fiddle to work out what to do I now have the 3 files open and can see my last video taken on the P3P before the camera is demolished in the recovery process. Now comes the camera rebuild....waiting on parts.

Reactions: RodPad and Luis J.
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20