App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

Thank you Luis J.

Reactions: Luis J.
Have not gotten it working yet, got a couple errors... likely with my PC..

Pat in GA

Pls send me the logs (txts files it produced) maybe I can tell what happened

I have a 406 mb and 194 mb videos that I wanted to fix. Been waiting for 2 hours for the video to be fixed, but it's taking a long time? Is this normal? How long does it usually take?

I does not take that much with such small files....pls check for 3 txt files created in the same folder and read what they said. If all three are already created than the process ended. If there is a file with extension h264 then it completed the 2 phase, is there is a file *___fixed.mov file then it completed 3er phase. etc..
Also please tell about the OS (is it XP o WIN7 or WIN8 etc)
you can private message me.

Last edited:
Luis, when I attempted to fix .mov -> .mov, it ran through all the steps and produced a fix file that was blank. When I attempted to fix .move -> .mp4, it ran through all the steps and produced a fix file that was mostly blank but with some intermittent, broken up frames of the image(s). So ..... does it need a tweak or is it not fixable?

I have been using the wonderful djifix.exe, but sometimes it does not repair my videos, so I looked further and found some pieces of software (all console application) which requires a lot of effort and knowledge to build the proper command line, so I made my own GUI application (using those apps, sorry only for Windows) which until now has been able to fix all my P3P damaged videos. I like to share with you all to download, its pretty easy to use. Only choose (browse for) a good video from your disk with the same settings of the damaged one and then choose the damaged video and click fix it, the app will do everything it need to fix it, you will have a new working video in the same folder the application started. I hope it works for you all: download it here
FIX-DJI.zip

Hi PeakXV, I am sorry about the outcome.. Can you send me the log files of every phase (there are 3 or 4 phases each produces a log file in simple txt format files...) maybe I can find out if we can do something else..

Luis.
p.d.
It is important to make sure the good file is playable and the bad file be made with the same camera and the same settings of the good one.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hello Luis! I got stuck after step two. I know it's been a while, but I would appreciate it a lot if you could help me on this one! After I stupidly crashed my phantom I won't be flying for a while :(

I have attached the logs for reference!

Cheers,

Caio

Attachments

• Log_Ph1.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 455
  • Log_Ph2.txt
    885.2 KB · Views: 459
I still owe Luis some money:)
His program didn't work for me, he made some modifications to also work on a slower computers. (XPSP3)
It works great.

I don't know what he is looking for in the log.
I would ask, how long did you wait, my slow computer took like many hours.

App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

Hello Luis! I got stuck after step two. I know it's been a while, but I would appreciate it a lot if you could help me on this one! After I stupidly crashed my phantom I won't be flying for a while :(

I have attached the logs for reference!

Cheers,

Caio
Hi Caio,

From the Logs I see the 2nd Phase have been completed too!, so the file Fixed.h264' was created, with a size of 829776146
so Its good news! some of the frames were lost but you have pretty good chances to get your video (at least some of it)
so go to your DJI-FIX application again (please download the last version if not) and this time choose (see attached)
video to fix or => h264!!! and browse for a file Fixed.h264 created in your directory and the hit "FIX IT!"
wait for the process completion.
send me feedbacks to see what happens

Attachments

• djifix.png
    djifix.png
    64 KB · Views: 577
Hey RodPad, thanks for the answer!

Louis:

Thanks for the super fast feedback! Tonight I will try it and let you know!

How long should it take?

I am running W10, on a i5 4th gen, 2 gb of video, 4 gb of ram and SSD.

Hi Caio,

From the Logs I see the 2nd Phase have been completed too!, so the file Fixed.h264' was created, with a size of 829776146
so Its good news! some of the frames were lost but you have pretty good chances to get your video (at least some of it)
so go to your DJI-FIX application again (please download the last version if not) and this time choose (see attached)
video to fix or => h264!!! and browse for a file Fixed.h264 created in your directory and the hit "FIX IT!"
wait for the process completion.
send me feedbacks to see what happens

So, I tried it again today like you saind, but had no luck. I left it running for about 45 minutes, but nothing appeared.
Any ideas? Maybe I am missing some CODEC that should be installed?

Thanks,

Caio

Attachments

• Log_Ph1.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 402
  • Log_Ph2.txt
    885.2 KB · Views: 629
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    34.4 KB · Views: 719
So, I tried it again today like you saind, but had no luck. I left it running for about 45 minutes, but nothing appeared.
Any ideas? Maybe I am missing some CODEC that should be installed?

Thanks,

Caio
You saw my post that it took 20hrs?
I would give it 2 hours, I would think it would be under an hour.

Duh, I guess I missed your also, Should have looked a little closer, I just looked at the bar graph.
;)

Look at this link..
http://lifehacker.com/five-best-desktop-video-players-1503859883

I started moving away from VLC on my computers to potplayer. It has been working better.
After you install it, they ask you if you want to install some codecs, that might be what you need.

I am not sure what Luis does, but he will get back to you, he seems to disappear for a few days.

I'm sorry guys I just returned from a trip overseas where it was too difficult to follow threads like this with no internet connections other than my phone.
So I see there are some files corrupted in a way the Fixed.h264 could not be written.

Let me explain, The good file will only serve a purpose in first phase and that is to produce a file: avcc.hdr which have the info of the format and parameters (which needs to be the same of the corrupted video) needed to fix the wrong.
-Then the second phase will produce a Fixed.h264 file made out of all frames of the bad file (using the info of avcc.hdr)
-The 3rd phase will convert all recovered frames in Fixed.h264 to an actual MOV file
-4rd phase (included in last version) will convert MOV video file to mp4 format.

Sometimes when the Fixed.h264 can not be decoded, the process will end without the actual exe know it, thus appearing as if still working when in fact the exe is doing nothing. (I know is bogus, but alert, sometimes it is actually working and you need to wait, the way to know is by looking at the folder for a creation of the respective file of each phase. (it will be increasing in size as it is been produced)

I should enhance the exe with those features so it know when to abort. But it takes a lot of programming time that I don't have. I will in my spare time. (that is why it is free for everybody)

In this case specifically, there seem to be a problem with the Fixed.h264 file produced that is not possible to decode. (the good file is viewable??, the bad file is not empty?)

I will suggest to please make the bad video available to me via dropbox or other and a good viewable video of the same day with the same camera before or after the bad video was shot.
That way I could enhance the EXE in order that takes into consideration what happened here and try to solve it.

Sorry for the delay!!

I'm sorry guys I just returned from a trip overseas where it was too difficult to follow threads like this with no internet connections other than my phone.
So I see there are some files corrupted in a way the Fixed.h264 could not be written.

Let me explain, The good file will only serve a purpose in first phase and that is to produce a file: avcc.hdr which have the info of the format and parameters (which needs to be the same of the corrupted video) needed to fix the wrong.
-Then the second phase will produce a Fixed.h264 file made out of all frames of the bad file (using the info of avcc.hdr)
-The 3rd phase will convert all recovered frames in Fixed.h264 to an actual MOV file
-4rd phase (included in last version) will convert MOV video file to mp4 format.

Sometimes when the Fixed.h264 can not be decoded, the process will end without the actual exe know it, thus appearing as if still working when in fact the exe is doing nothing. (I know is bogus, but alert, sometimes it is actually working and you need to wait, the way to know is by looking at the folder for a creation of the respective file of each phase. (it will be increasing in size as it is been produced)

I should enhance the exe with those features so it know when to abort. But it takes a lot of programming time that I don't have. I will in my spare time. (that is why it is free for everybody)

In this case specifically, there seem to be a problem with the Fixed.h264 file produced that is not possible to decode. (the good file is viewable??, the bad file is not empty?)

I will suggest to please make the bad video available to me via dropbox or other and a good viewable video of the same day with the same camera before or after the bad video was shot.
That way I could enhance the EXE in order that takes into consideration what happened here and try to solve it.

Sorry for the delay!!

Thanks for the help! No need to be sorry my friend, after all you are helping a random stranger across the world just because!

So, I am using a video from the day before, but the settings are exactly the same, and it is viewable.

Tonight (around 23:00 GMT) I will upload the bad and good videos, but it should take a few hours for it to complete, since my internet is not that fast.

And thanks again for the effort put forward to help recover the videos!

Cheers,

Caio

If you know what the camera settings were for sure. You could create (make) a short clip with the same settings and use that to test as your good file.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik