App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

If you know what the camera settings were for sure. You could create (make) a short clip with the same settings and use that to test as your good file.

I wish I could, but after landing a tad too fast on a metal structure 60 ft from the ground I won't be flying anytime soon :(

For now I need an ESC Board, GPS module, gimbal yaw and gimbal flex cable. But I live in Brazil, so buying these parts here is as expensive as a new P3, so I will have to wait for some friend to go to the US and bring the parts for me, which should be by September....

Hi Caio,

From the Logs I see the 2nd Phase have been completed too!, so the file Fixed.h264' was created, with a size of 829776146
so Its good news! some of the frames were lost but you have pretty good chances to get your video (at least some of it)
so go to your DJI-FIX application again (please download the last version if not) and this time choose (see attached)
video to fix or => h264!!! and browse for a file Fixed.h264 created in your directory and the hit "FIX IT!"
wait for the process completion.
send me feedbacks to see what happens
Here is the link, it should be ready in a couple hours from now:

Dropbox - DJI Fix

Cheers,

Caio

I might give a try myself ;)

Reactions: Caio Kallas
Caio, I gonna see if I can recover some of the files but I don't see the original bad video (corrupted) file in the list can you uploaded too?
(I only needed two files good and bad)

My notebook auto-shut down during the night before the files were updated, but now it is complete, should be available for you!

Thanks,

Caio

Last edited:
Ok I got the files!
Looking at them I could see that for some reason the format changed from the good file DJI_0039 to when the DJI_0040 file was shot,
I could recover the full video manually changing the size and format to use in the process. I am uploading back to my dropbox so you can download it!!
Sorry to see how your bird crashed the communication tower!:(
now you can have it to watch it over and over again with a beer or two!! :coldsweat:
Its going to take a while to upload since it is 1 GB file (uploading is slower)
this is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5e3rb8oigsygxwm/dji_0040-Fixed.mov?dl=1

Last edited:
Well I just started the download of both files and your fix program, hadn't installed it on my new work computer, I won't bother installing or testing his files after seeing your post. Good Job. My wife and only use PayPal about twice a year. I went to send you some money when it fixed my file from here her laptop. Brought up your posts and crap its on the program not the thread, anyways haven't used paypal since.

Last edited:
Ok I got the files!
Looking at them I could see that for some reason the format changed from the good file DJI_0039 to when the DJI_0040 file was shot,
I could recover the full video manually changing the size and format to use in the process. I am uploading back to my dropbox so you can download it!!
Sorry to see how your bird crashed the communication tower!:(
now you can have it to watch it over and over again with a beer or two!! :coldsweat:
Its going to take a while to upload since it is 1 GB file (uploading is slower)
this is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5e3rb8oigsygxwm/dji_0040-Fixed.mov?dl=1

Thanks so much!!
At least I will get to see the video.... I should practice some more on the simulator :(

I will send you a beer on paypal for the help!

Cheers,

Caio

I've been trying to recover some videos. I've been getting this error "DJI_0152.MOV' cannot be recovered. The entire file is filled by FF byte!". Phase 2 is 100% complete and Phase 3 says running.

Unfortunately, If that the case (error reported) nothing can be done to recover that video file.
Although I found very improbable that the whole file is filled with FF, it's possible.
That would mean there is no video at all.
In that case the application could not detect phase 2 is finished (with error) and it looks like running, but is not! Stop it and try another method, like opening in an hex file editor and look for yourself if indeed is filled with FF. If so, sorry nothing you can do. If not, Share the file on the cloud to see if I can suggest something..

Shame, probably the SD card crapped out. All the vids cached to my tablet so I can still watch them but the quality isn't even close to the file.

I have noticed that previous versions of my app worked better for some videos. After some reasearch I have concluded that the main application Slydiman recover_mp4_to_h264.exe worked better at version 1.19 than version 1.44 does for DJI videos.
I had upgraded to 1.44 but now I went back to 1.19.
That allows my recently app (version 4.0) to work on videos not recoverable before.

The version 4.0 of my app have added functionality from Mediainfo.dll in order to know when the video is playable or not and to report important specs of a video like Frame Rate and Size.

Also it seams to work better at handling responses from the recover_mp4_to_h264.exe main console.

There is another functionality added like when you don't have a good similar video to take the specs from. In that case you can choose specs from a dropdown box and process the corrupted video.
here is 4.0 FIX-DJI.zip

I have noticed that previous versions of my app worked better for some videos. After some reasearch I have concluded that the main application Slydiman recover_mp4_to_h264.exe worked better at version 1.19 than version 1.44 does for DJI videos.
I had upgraded to 1.44 but now I went back to 1.19.
That allows my recently app (version 4.0) to work on videos not recoverable before.

The version 4.0 of my app have added functionality from Mediainfo.dll in order to know when the video is playable or not and to report important specs of a video like Frame Rate and Size.

I managed to enhance the response handling from the recover_mp4_to_h264.exe main console.

There is another functionality added like when you don't have a good similar video to take the specs from. In that case you can choose specs from a dropdown box and process the corrupted video.
here is 4.0 FIX-DJI.zip

Luis, quick question, something for windows, just simple basic, small install minimal or zero registry entrees. Convert h.264 to AVI, MPG, anything or something. I need to convert one video from a friends Swann security before it is erased. I have downloaded the file 70meg. Just something lite weight if you know what I mean.:)

My app converts videos from h264 to mov or/and to mp4. just download lastest version (4.0.0. same link) only browse for 2nd video (h264) and it will be detected as h264 then click transcode video and it will be converted to mov (if you choose check output to mp4, then it will also convert to mp4) give it a try and post if it works

OK, Thanks

Sorry man, I got side tracked on that project last weekend, is there something newer with 4.1?

Thanks..

Rod

Hey Luis thank you for this program as it has saved quite a few of my files, but there are still plenty it hasnt fixed as it gets stuck on phase two :( Whats the best way I can contact you with the files to see what you can do? You are truly a life saver, thank you so much.
-Andre

Hey Luis thank you for this program as it has saved quite a few of my files, but there are still plenty it hasnt fixed as it gets stuck on phase two :( Whats the best way I can contact you with the files to see what you can do? You are truly a life saver, thank you so much.
-Andre
Welcome to the forum!

Some times he doesn't get back here soon, but he will.
I know he has used Dropbox in the past, so if you got a Dropbox account you might throw a few of your troubled files in there and send him a PM with your problem and your link, he probably may want your log file, that maybe his fist request.
I'm just trying to save him some time, hopefully, I'm helping and not hindering. :eek:

I need to download his file on my work computer and do a test on some vids I took on Sunday. I had never tried the highest res on my P3S. Write at the end of each vid it goes scrambled like the video sync goes crazy. These are not important files, just a test to see if they can be fixed.

I actually only used his product once and it was just a personal need. My Phantom dropped 225' when it ran out of battery and it was recording video. I tried so many things and they where dead ends, I found his and it worked!

I needed closure.:rolleyes:

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic