Anyone with State Farm Insurance..

Hello everyone. I am in the process of getting Insurance for my P3P, have to call them tomorrow. They want to know the weight of a P3P, they also asked if it was for commercial or recreational use. They had told me that they cannot ensure if I'm using it for commercial use, I told them no it's recreational use only. So if somebody with State Farm for their bird can please post the weight of the craft and anything else I should know when talking to the insurance company I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Hello everyone. I am in the process of getting Insurance for my P3P, have to call them tomorrow. They want to know the weight of a P3P, they also asked if it was for commercial or recreational use. They had told me that they cannot ensure if I'm using it for commercial use, I told them no it's recreational use only. So if somebody with State Farm for their bird can please post the weight of the craft and anything else I should know when talking to the insurance company I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
1280 grams =2.82 pounds

Question for you. Do you have to send it to Dji? I have a local drone repair vendor that I'd prefer to use vs dji..

Experience?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using PhantomPilots mobile app
The adjuster I spoke with told me to send it to an authorized repair center. I don't know if I could have sent it to a local shop or not.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Update... just got an estimate to repair the camera, replace the shell and landing legs... $459... I called State Farm and they are cutting me a check for the $459, plus my shipping costs ($12.15), a new battery ($159), and the return shipping fee ($25). The check will be sent from Atlanta tomorrow and I should receive it about the same time the P4 is all fixed and ready to ship back to me.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does State Farm do $1-Million and 2-Million dollar liability policies for commercial users?

Reactions: rounsavc
Does State Farm do $1-Million and 2-Million dollar liability policies for commercial users?
No, they only do personal use for damage and theft. They don't do commercial drone damage or liability.

Bought my policy through State Farm back in December. Had to call a couple different agents that were local to me here in Texas because most seemed clueless to what I was talking about. I showed the agent a picture of an actual policy someone posted on this forum. Long story short, I paid 60$/1yr of coverage on a personal articles policy for my p4. Covers loss(flyaway),theft, and damage(crash). All I did was email a copy of the receipt and that was it. At The beginning of February was out flying and some a**hole shot my bird outta the sky! Anyway I filed the claim with State Farm and a police report just to be safe and they cut me a check within 7 days for the full amount with no issues. No deductible I gave them the new receipt for my new p4 and still covered. Best 60$ I ever spent. Like a good neighbor.........

Pics of bullet hole....

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    491.3 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    438.5 KB · Views: 319
I went round and round with my State Farm agent over UAV insurance (Fort Smith, AR). They flat out told me, "We do not cover UAV's even under Home Owners" and right across the river, the State Farm agent there said, "Yep, $60.00 and the bird is insured."
Should have done like in the movie Pretty Woman. Go back to the first agent with policy in hand, ask if they remember you, ask if they are on commission. Then show the policy stating "big mistake"
I suppose though a 30 to 60 dollar policy would mean much to them but it sure would be fun!

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just got off the phone with a local Sate Farm agent in Iowa and she told me that someone from her office called State Farm corporate and were informed that they are no longer writing PAP for drone coverage.

Last edited:
PIP = Personal Injury Policy ?

Your trying to get a PAP - Personal Article Policy ...

Sorry, I asked about a personal article policy and typed PIP when I meant to type PAP. Corrected..

I just got off the phone with a local Sate Farm agent in Iowa and she told me that someone from her office called State Farm corporate and were informed that they are no longer writing PAP for drone coverage.

Just talked to my agent in Avon, NY yesterday. Available for $60 a year. Will be signing up today.

Bought my policy through State Farm back in December. Had to call a couple different agents that were local to me here in Texas because most seemed clueless to what I was talking about. I showed the agent a picture of an actual policy someone posted on this forum. Long story short, I paid 60$/1yr of coverage on a personal articles policy for my p4. Covers loss(flyaway),theft, and damage(crash). All I did was email a copy of the receipt and that was it. At The beginning of February was out flying and some a**hole shot my bird outta the sky! Anyway I filed the claim with State Farm and a police report just to be safe and they cut me a check within 7 days for the full amount with no issues. No deductible I gave them the new receipt for my new p4 and still covered. Best 60$ I ever spent. Like a good neighbor.........

Pics of bullet hole....

Jarod, I'm in Magnolia off NICHOLE SAWMILL. I got State Farm PAP from Chris Burns. Who did you use? Biggest question is where where were you when your bird got shot down, I have been a bit concerned about this also since I can fly in my area legally and the area is densely wooded residential area. I also fly at scotts ridge on lake Conroe a bit

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Jarrod
I just signed in Albany, NY for the plan. Added a laptop since it was under the minimum $60/year. Just brought in the receipts and serial numbers and that's all that was needed.

I just signed in Albany, NY for the plan. Added a laptop since it was under the minimum $60/year. Just brought in the receipts and serial numbers and that's all that was needed.
From what I understand it cost you $1.25 for every $100 of coverage for a year. For $60 that's $4,800 you can insure up to.

I signed up with State Farm last week, brought in my receipt for my P4. $30 a year under a new personal articles policy. Not sure if it matters but I also have home, auto, bikes, etc with them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

From what I understand it cost you $1.25 for every $100 of coverage for a year. For $60 that's $4,800 you can insure up to.
The $1.25 per $100 coverage is the rate they are using for drones. Other items may have different rates. When I got the coverage for my drone, I added a laptop and it came in at a slightly different rate.

I just covered my P3S under my "Home and contents insurance" with my insurance company. I didn't have to pay any extra. They would want a receipt or some proof of purchase if I was to lodge a claim, but that's about all, oh and excess would be $250

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT