Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Anyone willing to help/have advice for a student in Seattle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wflan, Jan 28, 2016.

1. wflan

I'm a grad student at UW and am in a really great rocketry class. We're doing some pretty high level stuff - my project is three stages and is hoping to break mach 2 - and I really want to film the launch with a drone. We'll be in Nevada in March or April for the launch!

I have a lot of videography experience and have a specific shot in mind, but I don't want to buy a phantom 3 (or whichever drone) for one shot for one class. I'd love to hear thoughts about how to accomplish this. I don't know of any rental places, for instance.

I have some rc piloting experience but would want to practice and become familiar with the drone so I'm confident and safe at the launch. If anyone curious, I'd be happy to talk more about the project and the footage I have in mind!

GoodnNuff likes this.
  2. bbfpv

Google

GoodnNuff likes this.
  3. GoodnNuff

I had no idea I could rent a drone locally! Very cool.

bbfpv likes this.
  4. 10X

10X

Scratch the drone rental idea. You're firing a rocket in the desert to mach 2. Someone will come out with their drone to see that. :) I'm on the other side of the country & I'd almost drive to Nevada to see that.

5. kandelin16

I live in Nevada and would love to be a part of this! I'll film if you want!

GregWV likes this.