Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Anyone here going to get a Inspire 1?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by worldsoutro, Jan 2, 2015.

1. worldsoutro

I have been thinking about it but $3k is a lot

2. mede8er

Personally, I'm not spending another dime on DJI products.....

3. Mori55

I'm Leary , just switched to v3 motors and now there seems to be problems with the V3 motor wires. Always something.

4. 4wd

4wd

I suspect unless you have a second operator on the camera, some things about it might disappoint and even frustrate.
    Still not quite convinced the camera is such a vast improvement even on the vision plus - have seen some surprisingly indifferent results - but probably when some real 'video' people get hands on it may be more impressed.
    It's a much bigger and heavier beast to carry about, and altogether more intimidating near people than the 'plastic toy' phantom.
    I do like that it seems to be substantially quieter, and seems to have at least double the range FPV and control as standard.

5. rstekeur

3k for a quad, should at least get a kiss with it.

6. huppe

I will wait for a few months, 'till more is clear about the Inspire.Don't like the flighttime and will wait for courselock and points of interest options.Allready installed the app and it looks pretty fine.But it's a lot of money and the P2 is still an excellent machine and good to travel with.And there are other options too(other brand).Before you can fly the Inspire you have to buy a few batterie's and that means more bucks to spend.But the Inspire will be a good next option for sure.
    A bit too much hype at this moment about the Inspire too.It looks like Apple, everyone wants it, but it's not always the best thing.

7. Aerial Entertainment Studios

Approved Vendor

I am absolutely getting the Inspire 1. Already ordered and waiting for delivery. Not cheap, but given how much I travel, the Inspire 1 will provide me with 4K footage of some gorgeous places.

I'm in Kota Kinabalu right now and was hoping to have my Inspire 1 before my trip but had to settle for the Vision+ but still got some nice footage.

https://vimeo.com/115820531

I would go for it. Just don't crash the thing.

8. jerryflah

It's intriguing but much too early for me. Too expensive for a "find out" proposition. Waiting for the first and even second gen. reviews, YouTube videos and forums before I commit.
    Admire the vanguard who go for it though. But, must admit if I had a trunk full of dough, I'd have opted for a beta. :lol:

9. worldsoutro

Yeah I agree with you all, I really need to see more photos before I go all in

10. csauer52

IMO - it won't be very long before we begin hearing stories of cameras being smashed to bits with folks flying Inspires because:

1) They forget to put down the landing gear
    2) They go wonky during flight and come down hard on the camera h/w.

Just my opinion but I can easily see it happening....

11. Ravecreative

got a couple on order, should be getting them next week, been told i wont get spare batteries for a few weeks though.

12. worldsoutro

A couple??? Lucky :cool:

13. Ravecreative

yeh - i figured until there are any spares i'd get 2, then when the spares are available i'd sell the spare one

hope the wife doesn't find out - LOL

14. worldsoutro

ha! good luck

15. Chuck26287

If you can pull that off without the wife finding out... based on my experience, one of us is not doing this marriage thing right.

16. daveth1956

got my Phantom2 Vision+ in September, no way will my good lady wife let me have the inspire.

17. Prylar Bek

Ill wait..read this from CES..Anyone still think GoPro won't get into this maket???

"We will see hundreds of drones at CES," says Richard Doherty, an analyst with Envisioneering Group.

The same technology that's advanced smartphones — small chips and sensors — has come to drones, making them smaller, cheaper and easier to make.

Getting a birds-eye view of the world isn't simple. Drones have to be flown, and there's a learning curve there. But this new crop of drones will be way easier to use, say manufacturers.

Derick Xiong launched his Ghost Drone on crowdfunding site IndieGogo last year, offering a unit that could be operated by a smartphone app. He hoped to bring in $100,000 but ended up getting nearly $700,000 for the unit he advertises as "the most affordable, user-friendly drone." He plans to start shipping the $400 unit this month.

"We are making them more automatic," says Xiong. He sees skaters, surfers and even skiers taking their drones with them when enjoying their sports.

Most drones work by connecting to the small GoPro action cam, the wildly popular tiny camera favored by action sports enthusiasts.

Doherty expects GoPro to join the party at CES with an introduction of its own drone, with a built-in GoPro camera. "Within three months, GoPro could become the No. 1 manufacturer of drones," Doherty says.

18. DBS

DBS

Additionally, it was announced yesterday that the company has received $10 million USD in funding from two Chinese investors.

Seems like he has the best connection with what the market wants...

Sub $500 base package...
    Full package including Hero 4 silver for $895...

And his talk about his next versions pushing flight times up 45 minutes is very interesting as well.

19. Prylar Bek

I'm not in the market for a chinese cheapie drone.

20. Julius717

I think the inspire is to much for the standard phantom user.

People complaining about the price point should stick with the phantom line. Inspire in my opinion is for the more advanced flyer.

The 4k camera and 1080 feedback is awesome. I have an Inspire on order as well should be here in a couple weeks I hope. awaiting shipment from my local hobby store.

At 3400$ I'm sure DJI has done plenty of testing to insure the functionality of this model.