Any sense in extending the wire antenna on the P3S?

Reaction score
I read a lot about modding the controller, and I recently installed the ARGtek kit on my controller but I don't think I have heard of anyone modding the antenna on the drone itself. Today I took it out to 5000 feet, my longest flight so far. I was wondering if it would help increase the range if I were to extend the wire antenna that runs through the landing gear.

Even if it hangs below the drone I wouldn't care as long as it increased the range. Has anyone done this and what were the results?

There is more than one antenna to provide spatial diversity.
Simply extending it below this or that will not necessarily have any benefit and you risk 'upsetting' other parameters not easily measured or otherwise determined by a typical user. Specialized equipment issued to test and characterize these systems.

Certainly M175.
I read it as extending the lead not the radiator.

Agreed, do not try to extend the radiator itself.

I just moved my panels to the front and back, they are very low gain, so the horizontal beamwidth should be fairly wide. Not tested it flying sideways over 1 mile yet, ive always gone straight out and back I might try that tomorrow, if its poor i might try dipoles.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl