Anti-Vibration gains?

Reaction score
If you've had good luck changing your P2 gains in an effort to control vibration and jello please post them here..

Thanks!

Bump for interest. I have the same setup, everything mounted inside except the transmitter & camera/gimbal.

Stock gains, white balls and a Polar Pro ND. That's the only combo I've made work and it's not perfect. I still get occasional rolling shutter when the sun is high in the sky and I get heavy on the sticks.

I've tried:
Increasing yaw gain. Result: more rolling shutter.
Using the stiffer grey balls. Result: more rolling shutter.
Using the thin black balls. Result: vibration city. Why they even bother giving you these is beyond me.
Checking the motors for imbalances, binding. Result: motors are balanced and free turning.
Crudely checking props for balance. Result: props are pretty well balanced.

Next steps:
The GoPro 4 Black will be a big help in reducing rolling shutter. The imager is 2x faster.
A 3 or 4 stop ND might not be a bad idea for midday shoots.

ianwood said:
Stock gains, white balls and a Polar Pro ND. That's the only combo I've made work and it's not perfect. I still get occasional rolling shutter when the sun is high in the sky and I get heavy on the sticks.

I've tried:
Increasing yaw gain. Result: more rolling shutter.
Using the stiffer grey balls. Result: more rolling shutter.
Using the thin black balls. Result: vibration city. Why they even bother giving you these is beyond me.
Checking the motors for imbalances, binding. Result: motors are balanced and free turning.
Crudely checking props for balance. Result: props are pretty well balanced.

Next steps:
The GoPro 4 Black will be a big help in reducing rolling shutter. The imager is 2x faster.
A 3 or 4 stop ND might not be a bad idea for midday shoots.

Thanks, Ianwood!

Pretty much what I've observed with ball combinations...even with ear-plug-foam inside them...Have you mucked about with the vertical gain at all?

Breezy days really wreak havoc on the 3D gimbal...didn't have much issue with the 2D in this regard...sigh..

Next steps:
A 3 or 4 stop ND might not be a bad idea for midday shoots.[/quote]

Would you explain this ?

Increasing the speed of the imager means there is less time for a movement to occur while the frame is being captured.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl