Anti drop pins

Reaction score
Just got my new Phantom 3 Standard and noticed that there is only 2 anti drop pins on the gimbal. One on the front left and one on the back right. The other two don't have pins. Is this normal?

Yes.

The extra pins will be in your little pouch that came along with the box. If you may or may not connect them.

It's not a good idea to connect them. It could cause vibration in the video.

Reactions: Loz and Dan Lee
These vibration pads practically make gimbal assembly very loosely mechanically connected to the aircraft to avoid aircraft's vibrations getting transmitted to gimbal. Anti drop pins are used to give little strength to the assembly in case they try to detach during sudden movements. Two pins diagonally should be good enough. Some people replace the pins with cable ties though I never needed ties.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I loosely attach plastic zip ties in the other two holes just to prevent the gimbal from releasing from the mounting plate in the event of a crash.

I just got my Phantom 3 Standard and it had all 4 pins installed brand new out of the box. A lot of confusing info on this subject. I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks.

I just got my Phantom 3 Standard and it had all 4 pins installed brand new out of the box. A lot of confusing info on this subject. I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks.
The manual says only two are needed.

I just got my Phantom 3 Standard and it had all 4 pins installed brand new out of the box
You can keep it as-is. If you notice any jello in the video, then remove two of the pins. Some people have all four installed and never have a problem.

Has anyone just try drilling a tiny hole in the bottom of the anti-
drop pin and use a small cotter pin to secure pin. This way you can easily remove pin and reuse?

You can remove the pins like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I use two nylon ties myself, and have removed the pins.

Sounds like the small reusable cotter pins sound like the easiest and most effective. I just ordered some anodized cotters to keep my colors the same on aftermarket upgrades. Next Phantom 4 will be going flat/matte black

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen