Anti- Collision Lights for Twilight Flying for Phantom 4 Pro

FYI: The model that is able to change modes is not yet available (on amazon) but soon on their website.

Are the lights on the Phantom 4 Pro considered Anti-Collision lights and good for Twilight flying or to be legal do you need additional lights?

I got these. ARC II Strobe Lighting Navigation Kit for Drones UAS Quadcopters Multirotors

First ordered white to help with orientation. Works well and has FAA creds. Red and green on way, but trying to figure out where/how to mount on P4P, as the side sensor prevent the obvious mounting spot. (I use velcro on back for white)

PolarPro DJI Phantom 4 LED Light Bars look very nice to me but PolarPro say they are discontinued.

DJI Phantom 4 LED Light Kit
I know some complained of poor firm fit but anyone know why are they discontinued?
Um Yeh they do look ok,me love playing with lights,,tried a few and have stuck with these 2 sorts,strobon v2s was white but made it yellow so I know it's me,other I use is these red ones,self contained 3.7volt lipo,both extremely bright,as extras I got 2 sets of phantom 4 headlights, also very bright,,,also if I lose it I can just look for the lights (don't plan to lose it)
15308607391692057025194.jpg
20180419_201024.jpg
1530860866104-1918454605.jpg
all off ebay and pretty cheap,,,mayby the light causes bit of wind drag,----just if you thinking why yellow not white,well you know how you look down for a sec and look back up,well a plane went past in the distance and I watched the strobe thinking it was me,nearly fly into a big hill side cause of it,,I was watching the wrong light,very scary moment,,now it yellow flash

Last edited by a moderator:
but anyone know why are they discontinued?

Maybe because they weren't selling enough to justify continued production? Don't know

I bought a used p3p kit that came with the polar pro lights. They look cool at twilight and definitely increase your visual distance, but I don't actually use them much... not real comfortable with the fact that the battery pack sits on top of the GPS receiver. I'm saving up for either strobons or the firehouse II... one red on front one white on back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka