Antenna jungle - inventory - What's out there?

Board is sealed , at least on visible side.
I mean I will seal the gap between the drilled hole in the metal and the power plug. I will do it from the backside of the connector area.

The RF-Linx 20 db RX is desired. BUT, WIFI interference.. will that be a issue? RX listening power is great if interference isn't a problem.

I mean I will seal the gap between the drilled hole in the metal and the power plug. I will do it from the backside of the connector area.
Jack is 0.00 distance from enclosure walls

As "Hack" did, that's the best you could do, But I elected to the safer option of just soldering to the jack/ common ground.

I love clean installs.. this was a crap shoot.

I mean I will seal the sides where the jack meets the walls on the inside. That will also strengthen the jack from coming loose over time. I am in the habit of hot gluing everything. It is a great way to waterproof and strengthen anything.

I mean I will seal the sides where the jack meets the walls on the inside. That will also strengthen the jack from coming loose over time. I am in the habit of hot gluing everything. It is a great way to waterproof and strengthen anything.
You will see what I mean when you look. The jack is mated to the walls. Hot glue will not work well.

I recommend a solder to the jack.

Don't know why, but make sure you chip away the pc board line as noted earlier.

Tech support at RF-Linx said to de-solder the resistor to set the amp in "indoor" mode. I didn't want to risk lifting a trace since the resistor connects to the signal input. Also, with all the goop, breaking the connection by scraping away the copper seemed a simpler solution. I'm not 100% sure it's necessary either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the tech said to do it. I guess I will do it to be safe.

You will see what I mean when you look. The jack is mated to the walls. Hot glue will not work well.

Maybe no extra hot glue then. I will still drill it since I can be very accurate in drilling depth with a drill stop

Reactions: cstout
These are only 1.5 watts.. .I have other amps that burn birds in flight.. but I wanted to see the 20db RX power at work...
1.5 Watts of gain is more than enough... it's all about the RX side!!
My RF-Linx's TX side adjust from 1 to 4 watts of TX output. I see no difference between 1 or 4 watts. It's all overkill. I don't lose control signal without a amp.
Now start adjusting RX and you will see things happen, @ 20 Db RX you can see a lot of WiFi noise.
I run between 15 and 20 depending on the environment.

Turbo

1.5 Watts of gain is more than enough... it's all about the RX side!!
My RF-Linx's TX side adjust from 1 to 4 watts of TX output. I see no difference between 1 or 4 watts. It's all overkill. I don't lose control signal without a amp.
Now start adjusting RX and you will see things happen, @ 20 Db RX you can see a lot of WiFi noise.
I run between 15 and 20 depending on the environment.

Turbo
I will not be able to adjust mine for a while anyway since I have no way of measuring the output. I guess I may need to get a meter to be able to test radio power.

Reactions: JohnnyB
I will not be able to adjust mine for a while anyway since I have no way of measuring the output. I guess I may need to get a meter to be able to test radio power.
Put your tongue on it. like a 9 volt battery.. If it burns more, you've just turned it up. (Laughs)

Reactions: cstout
Put your tongue on it. like a 9 volt battery.. If it burns more, you've just turned it up. (Laughs)
Dude, I just fell out of my chair....lmao!!!

JonE
Crank it and run it bro!!
I get sick of tweeking mine and just leave it turned up an fly with good results.
In a super noisy environment you may pick up a ton of noise once you get the RX side of the amp up over 15 Db.

Turbo

In a super noisy environment you may pick up a ton of noise once you get the RX side of the amp up over 15 Db.

Speaking of...to avoid receiving so much interference it sounds like the 30 channel hack would be of much help here. Does it work on the most recent version (I'm referring to iOS, personally) of DJI Go 4? Everything I've found hasn't worked yet and I'm not sure if there's an updated config file somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Dude, I just fell out of my chair....lmao!!!

JonE
Crank it and run it bro!!
I get sick of tweeking mine and just leave it turned up an fly with good results.

Turbo
The problem I have is not knowing what I am turning up. I don't even know if the pot turns CW or CCW to increase power. I also just got these amps so they are the only thing I own with N connectors at the moment.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart