Antenna jungle - inventory - What's out there?

There will be a sale of all their stuff soon!!

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
I was thinking of doing the same thing when mine come in, but if the jack is there I may just drill and use it since I like things to be modular and serviceable.
It's there.... behind almost 1/4 inch soft aluminium.... If you drill, blow out any chips.

It's just easier to solder a jumper. I love modular, but in this case, It was feasible to solder..

Don't know why, but make sure you chip away the pc board line as noted earlier.

If you don't use injection will it matter?

I run POE (Power over ethernet) cameras. Injectors. I ddn't have to modify any boards. The cameras have power jacks, but I'm injecting their power through the ethernet cables. Could be run either way power through jacks or power through injectors.

That is what I thought. No need to disconnect unless power could fed back and cause problems somehow. I am sure there is a diode on the board somewhere if that mattered.

There is a resistor/diode at the scribed location. I'm trusting "haks" input as to scribing the 1/4 wave trace..................

All that's left for me to do is apply power, attach cables and fly (not in that order) to see if it works...

These are only 1.5 watts.. .I have other amps that burn birds in flight.. but I wanted to see the 20db RX power at work...

Reactions: cstout
I will just drill it. I will use a "drill stop". You put it on your bit to stop it at a certain depth. Then I will hot glue/seal the gap on the sides of the connector where there will be gaps to keep out moisture, etc.

After seeing the performance, I may run 4-8 watts TX amps and these 1.5 watt 20db RX. I need video feed live 100%. Control usually is not a issue, Video feed IS at low altitudes.

I will just drill it. I will use a "drill stop". You put it on your bit to stop it at a certain depth. Then I will hot glue/seal the gap on the sides of the connector where there will be gaps to keep out moisture, etc.
Board is sealed , at least on visible side.

Blow the enclosure/board with air. Shrapnel is death to boards...

I am interested in your results. I bet with over gain and noise issues, etc. There may be a certain power or combo of amps that hits the sweet spot in the real world. Sometimes more power is not the best. It would not surprise me if high quality 1.5 watt amps do better than 3-4 watt amps in some cases...... at least that is what I am betting on.

I am interested in your results. I bet with over gain and noise issues, etc. There may be a certain power or combo of amps that hits the sweet spot in the real world. Sometimes more power is not the best. It would not surprise me if high quality 1.5 watt amps do better than 3-4 watt amps in some cases...... at least that is what I am betting on.
Yes... indeed. At close range over modulation can be a issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga