Antenna jungle - inventory - What's out there?

There's no pin. There's probably a spot to add one or a connection to one tho. You would also potentially lose the ability to make adjustments since that is done at the injector. Although again, there may be a USB header on the board somewhere. You can try emailing their tech support. They were very helpful with modding the 2400SAXU amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point, I have asked them every question but that one. They have been very helpful.
(Cause +20db RX just 'aint nough)
LOL, Never enough power :)

Reactions: jhax01
I plan to make a bracket with 2 Omni directional antennas that I can mount on a bracket and connect to a pole or something on my truck and move to a base station occasionally. I guess I am going the "N" connector route since that is what the amps are and I will just get two sets of N to RP-SMA cables for my house and my truck.

So I need recommendations on Omni directional antennas and cables. I know you guys have spent hours testing and searching and I want that knowledge to be even more useful. So I am all ears.
P.S. I can't afford antennas that are $200 each. :)

UPDATE: I just pulled the trigger and ordered the amps

Reactions: JohnnyB
I plan to make a bracket with 2 Omni directional antennas that I can mount on a bracket and connect to a pole or something on my truck and move to a base station occasionally. I guess I am going the "N" connector route since that is what the amps are and I will just get two sets of N to RP-SMA cables for my house and my truck.

So I need recommendations on Omni directional antennas and cables. I know you guys have spent hours testing and searching and I want that knowledge to be even more useful. So I am all ears.

Not a problem.. omni's are only $199.95 each...

Bows out to let the "Others" chime in....

I have two L-Com HG2409U antennas directly attached to the two RF LINX 2400SAXU amps powered by a 12v battery with two 10ft extension cables. Just waiting for the delivery of my LMR-400 RP-SMA to N cables.
LMR400... To RC RP-SMA?... You won't need a tripod.. it will hold itself up. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

@Johnny Bellew lol, you got that right! I chuckled when I placed the order...but I figured the price was right and I'm going the optimal route...or overkill. Depends on your interpretation. So what if I've got garden hoses coming out of my remote...

@Johnny Bellew lol, you got that right! I chuckled when I placed the order...but I figured the price was right and I'm going the optimal route...or overkill. Depends on your interpretation. So what if I've got garden hoses coming out of my remote...
Be careful with rc plastic... Just sayin :)

A lower value/number is best.

A lower value/number is best.
That is what I thought. The price of the ones I found at DataAlliance is 1/3 the cost of the ones recommended. I am unsure if I am missing something else.

That is what I thought. The price of the ones I found at DataAlliance is 1/3 the cost of the ones recommended. I am unsure if I am missing something else.
If you get these DataAlliance antennas I'd love to hear what you think about the overall and build quality of them. I've got them on my to-buy list for house antennas (down the line).

P.S. This is my Public Service Announcement. DON'T Buy these amps. They are paperweights IMO. They did nothing for my P3 or even my wireless router when I tested them that way too.

I totally agree I bough two of these amplifiers they are just junk , now I am ready to buy two real amplifiers for my P4 ,I installed two omni antennae on top of my house, just wanna know which amplifier i should get , and how to connect the to the antenna

The thing that is weird is that some people bought the exact same ones and claim they work great for them. I am baffled to say the least.

2.4 GHz LMR Cables: dB loss per 100'
240 = 12.9 dB loss
400 = 6.8 dB loss
Options: #1
10' of 240 = 1.29 dB loss (amp to RC)
10' of 400 = 0.68 dB loss (amp to RC but risk damage to RC plastic if not careful)

#2 (7' 400 main with 240 3' whip)
7' of 400 = .204 dB loss
3' of 240 = .387 dB loss
1 coupler = .6 dB loss (.3 p/side)
= 1.191 dB total loss

Lots of options. Do the math. You can find coax cable loss (attenuation) charts on any type cable. The shield of the LMR seems best. (As noted by others)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I need to choose carefully to preserve that weak video signal coming back from the bird.

Thanks for the info. I need to choose carefully to preserve that weak video signal coming back from the bird.
That's why I'm loving my tripod setup.. which I only have, like you, the DBS02 and maxxrange coming... But will be the same with other panels (which I will have) only having less than 1' cables to deal with has to make a difference. Wouldn't be fair to expect the same results out of omni antenna's and longer cables.. it will be less, distance wise, but still gives you decent "set in the truck" experience. With the old black sunhans and L-com antennas, 10' cable that came with magnet base, 20,000'+ has been gotten.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic