Android Tablets

I just tried a tab s 8.4. No dice video to choppy. Tis a shame really with that beautiful amoled display. I even rooted it and tried a custom debloated rom (liquidsmooth rom) and no change. Oh well back to the shield.

I agree the colours on the tab s 8.4 are very vibrant but I don't think its any brighter than my iPad (mini gen 1) I have as well.
Bright sun light will wash it out completely, I did also fit a matte screen on it to reduce the glare.

I have hopefully got an iPad mini gen 2 in transit to me so I can run the app on it and compare (apples with non fruit)
I'm looking forward to see how you like your mini 2, when it arrives. I had problems with my Galaxy 5 phone, so I have a mini 2 on the way also. Good luck safe flying

I got a Nvidia Shield. Having C$2000 flying around up there with anything but the most recommended tablet felt pointless, I turned on the phantom and sync'd it all up without props on the motors everything looks really good and I'm reading everything I can before the phantom gets cleared for take off. I downloaded Swype for the shield and typing this with the included stylus is AWESOME! Games run very well... I can see the Shield 2 being a clear winner for drone guys while this Shield 1 so far feels more than sufficient.

the shop fixed the App issue with the Tab S 8.4. Apparently even the DJI site had the old app download, the version on my tablet showed it was V1.1.0, but it was actually the old one somehow. He had to download it to his laptop, then save it to a micro SD card, then put it on my Tab then using some adapter I think he said.

Guys, could someone please let me know what is the max distance between top and bottom clip holder for the tablet on your remote?
Thank You

I have used an old Samsung Galaxy IIIS, it worked OK with a bit of jerky low quality video, but then went and bought a Lenovo A7-10f for just 79€. I rooted the device and works like a charm

I'm actually looking to buy same tab, still not 100% sure if it performs well as it just seats on the lower side of the specs. Can you tell how was your experience with Lenovo A7, any video lags?? and how was the screen resolution??

Thanks

I'm actually looking to buy same tab, still not 100% sure if it performs well as it just seats on the lower side of the specs. Can you tell how was your experience with Lenovo A7, any video lags?? and how was the screen resolution??

Thanks

The screen resolution is on the low side, but really had no problem with that. It does not feel like low spec at all. It is no retina but it is quite bright and clear. No noticeable lags also. Very cheap-good performance, just a bit on the heavy side, but got used to it.

Does the P3 work ok with the
Samsung Galaxy 7-in. Tab 4 8GB Wi-Fi tablet? Or do I need a more expensive model?

Samsung Galaxy 7-in. Tab 4 8GB Wi-Fi tablet, doe this work with P3 PILOT software, and is it stable?

Samsung Galaxy 7-in. Tab 4 8GB Wi-Fi tablet, doe this work with P3 PILOT software, and is it stable?
That is the same tablet I am currently using
See my first thoughts here: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/tab-4.39778/#post-367363

After using that tablet for some time now my issues with it are
  1. Very small storage space, with almost no apps installed the DJI Pilot app fills up the storage space rather quickly
  2. The sun washes out the display making it hard to see

Even my Note 4 can't handle mid quality streaming video, it hiccups and jumps all over. I'm running Lollipop from Tmobile with a clean wipe and rebuild too.

Guess i'll try on lowest setting.....

I've been flying with my rooted 2013 N7 running CleanROM 6.0. Video is smooth at max resolution and I can stream to Twitch simultaneously while piping in audio from local mic or a playlist from Google Play Music for example... Highly recommended since it's one of the easiest tablets to root (if that's something you're after for doing extras). It's also relatively cheap these days comparative to things like the Shield (which sounds like it's great from a hardware standpoing, the issue longterm will likely be software - which is always the case with non-Nexus devices in the Android ecosystem unfortunately).

That is the same tablet I am currently using

After using that tablet for some time now my issues with it are
  1. Very small storage space, with almost no apps installed the DJI Pilot app fills up the storage space rather quickly
From the user manual "Support for microSHD and microSDHC memory cards"

I've been a Samsung user for years and currently have three [unfortunately, too old for the Pilot App]. Memory cards are a bucket load cheaper than buying one with more memory.

Just poke a memory card in and you should be set.

From the user manual "Support for microSHD and microSDHC memory cards"

I've been a Samsung user for years and currently have three [unfortunately, too old for the Pilot App]. Memory cards are a bucket load cheaper than buying one with more memory.

Just poke a memory card in and you should be set.

It would be nice if that were an option

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/android-sd-card.43358/#post-396197

It appears that the app does not use the SD Card storage

Shouldn't be a problem to move your other stuff there and run the app from internal memory.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart