Android Tablets

what do you guys think,

Nexus 7 2nd gen (2013) C$170 or Samsung Tab S C$270 ??

I cannot wait a month, I need to buy this tonight or tomorrow by noon as I leave for the entire summer for a remote job in the north.

How is the acer iconia tab 8 for video speed.
I still find the nividia makes the TX a little too top heavy and bulky.
My favourite is still the tab S8.4 is the most balance and super bright.
Not a great fan of 4:3 especially with native camera of 16:9.
The new Tab S2 actually has a lower resolution. It's too bad that SAMSUNG is going the "I" route.
4:3 is better for office or e-book not FPV.

Updates to the N7II faster Good all around size Android and google Mix well.
FanBoy I have 2 32GB N7II's
Remember the N7II is no longer made and they are going fast at ridiculous price. So price should not be a factor with it vs something else as far as quality goes.

Old Price ad:
The new Nexus 7 will offer 9 hours of HD video playback and 10 hours of web browsing. In the US Best Buy is offering a 16GB Wi-Fi model priced at $229.99(£149.99) which is in-line with the base price point of the original. The 32GB Wi-Fi model will retail at $269 and the 32GB 4G model is priced at $349.

One thing if it's important to you would be ...

Both tablets run Android 4.4 KitKat, with the Play Store supplying apps. Samsung's tablet is skinned with its own TouchWiz UI, though, while the Nexus 7 runs stock Android.
Battery Capacity is perhaps the most accurate way to measure a device's true battery performance. The Galaxy Tab S 8.4 does have 24% more battery capacity than the Nexus 7 (2nd Gen), but it also has a larger screen. Displaying more pixels requires more power, and thus a bigger screen tends to lead to significantly faster battery drainage.

N7II
Samsung's tablet is skinned with its own TouchWiz UI... I like the pure Android Experience the N7 offers. My wife has a Kindle Fire better specs but a lousy UI.

Both tablets are able to upgrade to Lollipop from what I understand, I think the Nexus 7II is a solid choice but the faster CPU in the Tab S is favorable. If I hadn't found both tablets at these prices I wouldn't be here trying to decide

Both tablets are able to upgrade to Lollipop from what I understand, I think the Nexus 7II is a solid choice but the faster CPU in the Tab S is favorable. If I hadn't found both tablets at these prices I wouldn't be here trying to decide
Faster cpu to Lightbridge it's not everything ... Gpu is the most important.

What does the CPU speed vs GPU speed actually influence? Lag? Drop outs? Framerate?

I just changed from my LG phone to a Samsung Tab 4S 8.4 for my FPV monitor. When I hook it up to the controller, it does not connect! The APP is the same version as on the LG, but it looks different. The LG had a message that popped up about "debugging" The Tab 3 does as well, but it wont let me go to that setting.
Has any one had any similar issues?

I just changed from my LG phone to a Samsung Tab 4S 8.4 for my FPV monitor. When I hook it up to the controller, it does not connect! The APP is the same version as on the LG, but it looks different. The LG had a message that popped up about "debugging" The Tab 3 does as well, but it wont let me go to that setting.
Has any one had any similar issues?

Hi Peter,

Is your device in developer mode? Have a look from the 1:22 minute mark in this video to see how this is done or if you have it properly configured
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks Carib. I did need to set debugging as shown, but it still shows as "disconnected" Now it just doesn't ask to set debugging any more on start up. I will take it the store today and see if the guys can sort it out for me.
Is there a different App for the Inspire 1? my Version 1.10.00 seems to have more features than the one on the DJI site even. the map is on the right bottom corner, and there are extra features down the left side. I am uninstalling it and starting fresh.
Cheers, Peter

Thanks Carib. I did need to set debugging as shown, but it still shows as "disconnected" Now it just doesn't ask to set debugging any more on start up. I will take it the store today and see if the guys can sort it out for me.
Is there a different App for the Inspire 1? my Version 1.10.00 seems to have more features than the one on the DJI site even. the map is on the right bottom corner, and there are extra features down the left side. I am uninstalling it and starting fresh.
Cheers, Peter
You have to use version from dji site for phantom 3

I think that is whats wrong, but it keeps downloading the same one which is from the DJI site on the P3 page. I'll go to the shop and get it sorted out. Thanks for the advice.
Cheers, Peter

I heard the tab s has choppy video feed. My shield is smooth as silk.

I heard the tab s has choppy video feed. My shield is smooth as silk.

Agreed, my Galaxy S5 was superb and very smooth but wanted a bigger screen for the P3P so went for the Nvidia Shield, no regrets here as the display is crystal clear and never seen any lag, screen recording is a great feature too. Big bonus is that it fits in the backpack by the props. :)
292uw0g.jpg

14tu1xl.jpg

Is there any reason why a brand name tablet that has android 4.1.2 or later would not work (obviously having GPS and data connection brings more functionality)?
I would like to use the Samsung Galaxy Active 8, because it is weather proof and has GPS. Can anyone confirm this tablet works?
Thanks

For the record, I have an el cheapo, bottom of the line generic vega zx10 allwinner android kitkat 4.4 that works fine. It was crummy with the previous app via wifi but with the direct connection/debug port it seems as fluid as the iPad version.

That said, the screen shows a lot of glare which the iPad doesn't

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31