Android Tablets

with money not being a consideration is the any one clear winner?

The only reason I went with Nvidia Shield is because it seemed that it was the major choice for the Inspire 1 boys. I figured they have had more time for the cream to rise to the top.

Being an old dude I'm using my Tab S 10.5. Love the bigger view. Not awkward either. Lag doesn't seem to affect doing FPV . I put a glare screen on it and not bad but better with a sunshade. I made a cheap one to fit it for $1.39 LOL Went to Dollar store and bought a sheet of black Foam Board 24 x 36 x 1/16 cut to fit. taped edges, hot glued sides works great.
Replacing Blue painters tape with black or grey tape.

Reactions: Bugs
Lou... can you check what version app your running ? I just went to the Tab S and as stated works great but I did notice that the # of satellites is not displayed ...it does show "bar" strength and "safe to fly" GPS but no Sat count ......I did some research and the Tab S is running 1.0.10 (inspire) and If I use my Galaxy S6 the app is 1.1.0 ........ thanks ......m
im using the tab S 10.1.....my only complaint is it wont fit in the clamp on the transmitter....its just a millimeter too big....

Being an old dude I'm using my Tab S 10.5. Love the bigger view. Not awkward either. Lag doesn't seem to affect doing FPV . I put a glare screen on it and not bad but better with a sunshade. I made a cheap one to fit it for $1.39 LOL Went to Dollar store and bought a sheet of black Foam Board 24 x 36 x 1/16 cut to fit. taped edges, hot glued sides works great.
Replacing Blue painters tape with black or grey tape.
how the hell did you shove it in that clamp? mine just wont fit.

I have the cheap samsung cover that just flips over. I found that if you turn the tablet upside down flip it over you can put the now bottom of the cover in the bottom part of holder and the now top of cover where it folds can be pushed under the top holder. Works great. Tablet reoriented image of course. will take a photo in min. and show you.

Tab S b.jpg Tab S c.jpg Tab S.jpg

Another thing I tried which worked was I velcroed a thick CD case to the holder then put velcro on the tablet and attached to the thick cd case being held by the holder

I have used an old Samsung Galaxy IIIS, it worked OK with a bit of jerky low quality video, but then went and bought a Lenovo A7-10f for just 79€. I rooted the device and works like a charm

Reactions: Iman
The 9 will be at least as good. Promise.

After 5 flights I might switch back to the Tango tablet from the Nexus 9. The n9 is a gorgeous tablet, but the screen does horribly in the sun. I am very tempted to look into the shield, I really like having LTE, one less thing to remember (bluetooth link for Internet to the n9). Next up I'll try building up a sunshade for the n9 and see if that makes enough of a difference.

Waiting for the Galaxy tab S 2, if it has a beast of a octa-core Exynos 7420 processor like the s6 does and super amoled should be a winner for outside viewing. Rumors say next month.

Waiting for the Galaxy tab S 2, if it has a beast of a octa-core Exynos 7420 processor like the s6 does and super amoled should be a winner for outside viewing. Rumors say next month.

Thanks for this, yes it looks like the best android is right around the corner. I'll make due with my Samsung S5 for now and wait for the Tab S 2. I was going to spring for an Air 2 but I use PC and Android so I was feeling uncomfortable about it.

Thanks for this, yes it looks like the best android is right around the corner. I'll make due with my Samsung S5 for now and wait for the Tab S 2. I was going to spring for an Air 2 but I use PC and Android so I was feeling uncomfortable about it.
Best Android will be the next nvidia tablet (next month will be out) , the nvidia shield tablet is already the smoother android with the dji pilot app.

Reactions: ctp
Well then... I really need a better tablet by tomorrow or stick with the S5 phone. I wonder if I should just get an Air 2 C$450 or a Nexus 7 gen2 (2013) C$170

Best Android will be the next nvidia tablet (next month will be out) , the nvidia shield tablet is already the smoother android with the dji pilot app.

I'll have to go do some research. I was getting ready to spring for a shield, but I'll hold out for 2nd gen if that's a month away.

I was ready to go for a Galaxy 8.4 S, but am holding out for the S2.

My understanding is it will be changing to a 4:3 aspect screen.

Any thoughts on wide (16:9 or 16:10) vs regular 4:3 for FPV?

I got the Acer Iconia Tab 8. It's incredibly cheap and it has HDMI out for my Zeiss Cinemizer goggles. It's not the best tablet in the world, but it's one of the few that have HDMI out and it's cheap as hell and it has a full HD screen resolution.

Battery runs out pretty quickly, but no big deal as it can take a few flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj