Ancient Hunting Ground - Hampshire

Very nice! You really captured the beauty of the area. I really liked the ending credits with you putting the copter together.

I've visited London and Brighton; hope to see more of England in the future. Awesome country and wonderful people!

bpippin said:
Very nice! You really captured the beauty of the area. I really liked the ending credits with you putting the copter together.

I've visited London and Brighton; hope to see more of England in the future. Awesome country and wonderful people!

Excellent!
Nice photography and awesome music choises here.
If I could suggest something is to remove the fisheye effect completely during the editing proccess , but that is a subjective opinion of my own

Geo74 said:
Excellent!
If I could suggest something is to remove the fisheye effect completely during the editing proccess , but that is a subjective opinion of my own

I agree the darn fisheye is awful. Its a tough call though. I do tone it down on some clips but it can do some horrible things to the edges of the picture so often I just put up with it. I shoot in medium FOV to try to minimise it and try to keep the camera vertical if possible.

I think I am going to push the button on a ragecam lens. Looking at the demo videos its a total cure for the fisheye but it also the subjects appear much closer to the lens than with a standard Gopro lens. That would make staying legal so much easier on the 50m distance issue here in the UK.

Thanks for the feedback.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Geo74 said:
Excellent!

I agree the darn fisheye is awful. Its a tough call though. I do tone it down on some clips but it can do some horrible things to the edges of the picture so often I just put up with it. I shoot in medium FOV to try to minimise it and try to keep the camera vertical if possible.

I think I am going to push the button on a ragecam lens. Looking at the demo videos its a total cure for the fisheye but it also the subjects appear much closer to the lens than with a standard Gopro lens. That would make staying legal so much easier on the 50m distance issue here in the UK.

Thanks for the feedback.

Strange that removing it harms your footage . What utility do you use ?
For my own I am using the lens distortion effect in Adobe Premiere Pro CC ( usally a value of -15 , -17 in the lens carvature field option does the trick).
Usally my editing steps are as follows:
( I film in 2.7 ,30fps ,Medium FOV, Protune). This quality give sme more room for editing corrections ( because warp stabilizer zoom the frames , so you need all the available quality you can get)
First I use the warp stabilizer in my footage ( after I cut and rid of the useless footage),
then apply the lens distortion cure and exprort to 1080p.
After that I edit the 1080p stabilized and lens corrected footage as I wish.
Check my videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us5VwhiUxoI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXiQrmYmRmU

Your using much better tools than I have Geo74. I just checked your examples and the quality of your picture at the edges is much better than mine.

2.7K is lovely to work with and I have tried that, the only downside is the video files are that much larger.

I sometimes use the fisheye reduction tool made by Crumplepop for FCPX.

Warp stabiliser has been proved to be a far more successful stabiliser than anything else on the market. I don't have access to Adobe Premiere Pro CC at the moment. I can afford to buy it but I don't know if I can bring myself to buy it (or rent it) just to get access to the warp stabiliser and the lens distortion cure. I wish those components were available as a standalone.

I really like using FCPX so it would be hard to switch, but then again we are all striving for that perfect picture quality.

I have seen your films before. Its good work. :)

Are you using a Mac?

Shrimpfarmer said:
Your using much better tools than I have Geo74. I just checked your examples and the quality of your picture at the edges is much better than mine.

2.7K is lovely to work with and I have tried that, the only downside is the video files are that much larger.

Warp stabiliser has been proved to be a far more successful stabiliser than anything else on the market. I don't have access to Adobe Premiere Pro CC at the moment. I can afford to buy it but I don't know if I can bring myself to buy it (or rent it) just to get access to the warp stabiliser and the lens distortion cure. I wish those components were available as a standalone.

I really like using FCPX so it would be hard to switch, but then again we are all striving for that perfect picture quality.

Are you using a Mac?
No I am using a strong pc with corei7 3.5ghz ,8gb RAM, several hard disks and a GTX 770 Graphics card.
As far concerning the fisheye effect you can remove it with the gopro studio (its free) quite effectively. It is an easy and very quick proccess. Give it a try!
Thanks for your kind words about my films

Brill video, you should approach the New Forest tourist board to see if they are interested. On a 2nd point the reverse shot, i see you use Final Cut Pro X but how is this done, I have Final Cut Pro X but have not been able to find how to do this in the edit, would be really pleased if you can put me in the way is done.

Thanks for the praise.

As for reversing a shot its really easy. Select the clip then look just above the timeline and you will see a sort of arrow in a circle. Click that and you will find all the slow motion/fast motion commands. In there is the option to reverse a clip.

Shrimpfarmer said:

Are you using a Mac?

Well I have done some comparison tests side by side regarding which tool is better for removing the fisheye effect and the winner between Adobe Premiere Pro and Gorpo Studio is the later. Gopro Studio do its job exacty for what designed for.
It has the better quality without loosing frame information at the edges and almost perfect it gets you the image straight.
Also proccess is completed in about 10 min ( for a 3.66 gb video 2.7 resolution at my pc) . Adobe needs about 5 hours!!!
Yes you read it right ! 5 hours!
I follow these steps:
1. Import the raw file in Gopro Studio ( I use protune)
2.Convert it to AVI(it is your only option format) after checking in the setting menu the "remove fish eye option" . After that you will have a very large file that may be 13-15Gb ( for a 3.66 gb mp4 of your camera)
3. Exit.
4 Open your editing program of your choise.
5. Import the AVI file.
6. Convert it back to mp4 at the same resolution or 1080p ( Shooting in 2.7 and then convert to 1080p still gives you better image quality)
7. After that you have a normal file , size-wise, to work with but it is lens corrected

Note that conversion from AVI to mp4 back again could be done in Gopro Studio itself but I find the conversion quality of Adobbe Premiere better.

Geo74 said:
Well I have done some comparison tests side by side regarding which tool is better for removing the fisheye effect and the winner between Adobe Premiere Pro and Gorpo Studio is the later. Gopro Studio do its job exacty for what designed for.
It has the better quality without loosing frame information at the edges and almost perfect it gets you the image straight.
Also proccess is completed in about 10 min ( for a 3.66 gb video 2.7 resolution at my pc) . Adobe needs about 5 hours!!!
Yes you read it right ! 5 hours!
I follow these steps:
1. Import the raw file in Gopro Studio ( I use protune)
2.Convert it to AVI(it is your only option format) after checking in the setting menu the "remove fish eye option" . After that you will have a very large file that may be 13-15Gb ( for a 3.66 gb mp4 of your camera)
3. Exit.
4 Open your editing program of your choise.
5. Import the AVI file.
6. Convert it back to mp4 at the same resolution or 1080p ( Shooting in 2.7 and then convert to 1080p still gives you better image quality)
7. After that you have a normal file , size-wise, to work with but it is lens corrected

Note that conversion from AVI to mp4 back again could be done in Gopro Studio itself but I find the conversion quality of Adobbe Premiere better.

Very useful report Geo74. I am going to give this a try. Many thanks for the tip.

Shrimpy

Oh wow, this is beautiful. I've been using super view and protunes. I'm gonna try dropping to 1080p this weekend. What FPS setting do you use and how dis you get the video so smooth? Does the FPS affect the smoothness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl