Ancient Hunting Ground - Hampshire

That is stunning country there Shrimp- just epic.

I enjoy a mild satisfaction when people remark how old my home is... but then I have to remember by the standards in that part of the world, it is just a babe at 158.

Thanks for sharing that- my morning coffee and psyche are obliged.

Awesome video and editing Ken. My favourite one from you yet. 2 thumbs up!!

Great shots in there.
I really like that opening. Was that in reverse or did you fly in like that, to the bridge?

Very nice video and editing! Would you mind sharing your GoPro settings? Right now I am using:

1080p / 60fps wide - Sports and Action
1440p / 30fps wide - General and where I want a taller aspect ratio
2.7Kp / 30fps wide - Low Light

Andy

Thanks for the positive comments.

The descent into the forest was a reverse shot. The Phantom will give you a smoother result in a climb. Things can get bumpy in descent. You have to watch out for objects moving in the frame though as it can ruin it. I like to climb away and when I have enough height put in a 90 deg turn so that it descends and turns to face the subject. Just make sure you hover for a few seconds before climbing out so that you have enough footage to end on.

As for my Gopro settings I have settled on just shooting in 1080p with protune turned on. I generally shoot in medium field of view for less fish eye effect. Its more work with protune but I don't mind as I enjoy tinkering. The only thing I change often is frame rate. If its at all gloomy, like it was at dawn in the forest I shoot at 25fps. That then gets enough light into that tiny gopro lens. When the light is good I always shoot 1080p 50 fps. That then allows me to slow the footage down in Final Cut Pro X if needed.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Thanks for the positive comments.

The descent into the forest was a reverse shot. The Phantom will give you a smoother result in a climb. Things can get bumpy in descent. You have to watch out for objects moving in the frame though as it can ruin it. I like to climb away and when I have enough height put in a 90 deg turn so that it descends and turns to face the subject. Just make sure you hover for a few seconds before climbing out so that you have enough footage to end on.

As for my Gopro settings I have settled on just shooting in 1080p with protune turned on. I generally shoot in medium field of view for less fish eye effect. Its more work with protune but I don't mind as I enjoy tinkering. The only thing I change often is frame rate. If its at all gloomy, like it was at dawn in the forest I shoot at 25fps. That then gets enough light into that tiny gopro lens. When the light is good I always shoot 1080p 50 fps. That then allows me to slow the footage down in Final Cut Pro X if needed.

Thanks for sharing this.

Andy

brilliant ken really enjoyable to watch and the music fitted the footage spot on
thanks dave

Awesome Shrimpy

So I am taking personal bets with myself that the Shrimp man is OCD. I think he splits 2 ply toilet paper and gets 3 cups of tea from a single strainer full of leaves. I am guessing he rinses out his plastic parts bags from vendors and reuses them, and more than likely you could put a level on his post it notes and they would be dead balls on plumb, flush, and square.

Any takers?

Military do that to you? Parochial school?
Academy for Wayward Heathens? (that is my alumni... no yellow bricks in those institutions I feckin swear) I grew up in a house with a white glove test on Saturday morning and I had to bring my plastic utensils home for reuse in elementary school. ...and my mum got 4 cups from a strainer... true story.

Hiway said:
So I am taking personal bets with myself that the Shrimp man is OCD. I think he splits 2 ply toilet paper and gets 3 cups of tea from a single strainer full of leaves. I am guessing he rinses out his plastic parts bags from vendors and reuses them, and more than likely you could put a level on his post it notes and they would be dead balls on plumb, flush, and square.

Any takers?

Military do that to you? Parochial school?
Academy for Wayward Heathens? (that is my alumni... no yellow bricks in those institutions I feckin swear) I grew up in a house with a white glove test on Saturday morning and I had to bring my plastic utensils home for reuse in elementary school. ...and my mum got 4 cups from a strainer... true story.

:twisted:

I am lucky, I have virtually unlimited time I can spend on this hobby. I also watch a lot of flight videos to learn what looks best. My advice is to make notes of the type of shots you like, take the list with you and work your way down it so that you end up with a wide range of shots to choose from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers