Amazon tablet. Does anybody know if the Amazon tablet will run the DJIGo 4 app?

Reaction score
b8a61d3d3c0292cc699b0325bc13bb69.jpg

If you have it, test it out. I have a similar tablet, but it lags bad. If it lags, don't use it. How about Apple's new 2017 ipads? Aren't they brighter and lower priced?

I have the 2015 Fire 7". If I force close as much as possible it runs DJI Go pretty well. Litchi works as well, but does lag some. I also have a 2015 (I think, might be 2016) Fire 8 HD, and it runs like **** no matter what I do.

I use the $50 fire 7... works fine with a p3s and DJI Go or Litchi. Just a bit of video lag at times but nothing I can't work around for now. I'm working hard to learn litchi so it can do the flying and videography for me. Will eventually get either a Nexus 7 2013 or an Nvidia Shield tab - I want something brighter, and with HDMI out.

I use the $50 fire 7... works fine with a p3s and DJI Go or Litchi. Just a bit of video lag at times but nothing I can't work around for now. I'm working hard to learn litchi so it can do the flying and videography for me. Will eventually get either a Nexus 7 2013 or an Nvidia Shield tab - I want something brighter, and with HDMI out.

Do you have location services turned on? I ask because I've noticed that mine will show some really goofy numbers for the distance from home point. I got out for a very short flight this evening at a spot 3-4 miles from my house. I noticed that it said I was 19K+ feet from my home point. I can only assume it kept that info from when I flew at my house the night before. I did NOT test RTH!

Do you have location services turned on? I ask because I've noticed that mine will show some really goofy numbers for the distance from home point. I got out for a very short flight this evening at a spot 3-4 miles from my house. I noticed that it said I was 19K+ feet from my home point. I can only assume it kept that info from when I flew at my house the night before. I did NOT test RTH!

Yes i have 'location' on... i think GO requires that. the Fire 7 doesn't have GPS, but never had a problem with it. Home Point is determined by GPS in the quad on takeoff

Yeah, my HD 8 complained about the location services when I started the Go app. I guess I need to learn to ignore the distance from home point numbers.

.... I guess I need to learn to ignore the distance from home point numbers.

Be careful doing that! I wouldn't use RTH

When you take off, do you hear the little female robo voice say "Home Point set?"

Yes, and I even brought it back and landed and set the home point again, but the distance from home point never changed.

Did the firmware update this evening, and played around with getting maps cached. The rain stopped so I headed out to my spot for a quick flight. And it showed 21K feet when I opened the app. On the map it showed a straight line from my house to my spot. I'm new to DJI, so maybe what I thought was distance to home point is really total flight distance? I reset the flight log but the number didn't change. I flew for a bit and tested RTH and it was perfect.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl