Amazon Fire Tablet = DJI Go ???

Reaction score
I just received my Amazon Fire Tablet that Amazon is offering for only $49 currently. It is a great little tablet for reading emails, shopping on Amazon, reading book, listening to music. So simple to use. In 5 minutes I had all my Amazon account content downloaded..Books, Music, etc

It uses "Silk" as a browser. Never heard of that. I tried to download DJI Go app but it doesn't show up in the Amazon App Store..........Anyone know if this device can be used with DJI 3A/P ?

you have to back load off computer

Well, I don't think any of them have GPS. And FIre OS isn't pure Android so I would be rather surprised if it ran.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
people on here are using them they load dji app on computer then download it to tablet

I just received my Amazon Fire Tablet that Amazon is offering for only $49 currently. It is a great little tablet for reading emails, shopping os wn Amazon, reading book, listening to music. So simple to use. In 5 minutes I had all my Amazon account content downloaded..Books, Music, etc

It uses "Silk" as a browser. Never heard of that. I tried to download DJI Go app but it doesn't show up in the Amazon App Store..........Anyone know if this device can be used with DJI 3A/P ?
No it will not work. Only IOS or Android will work. Sorry

look at threads on here bunch of people have used those tablets big al is wrong

It WILL work; you have to do some computer-based sideloading though. Search on Google for something like "download android apps kindle"
"

@flpholt is correct. I have seen several people on here saying that they have gotten the Fire to work through side loading. It doesn't have GPS however if that is important to the OP, so a few optional features will not work.

Well it's a bit of work, but if you root the Fire you can install a pure Android rom and run Go, Litchi etc.
I actually have a 1st gen Kindle running Marshmellow 6.1 and it runs both Go and Litchi, although not as fast as my iPad. Easy to side load apps using ADB push commands once rooted

@flpholt is correct. I have seen several people on here saying that they have gotten the Fire to work through side loading. It doesn't have GPS however if that is important to the OP, so a few optional features will not work.
It does have GPS

image.jpg
Look, I am one of those ppl. I definitely had connection issues, not once it took, but each time I'd have to quickly plug and unplug until it "took" I used a app called One Mobil because Google play isn't on there. It was ok but ended up getting a refurb Asus 8" for an extra $80 and well well worth it, on Amazon too of course.
After you get past the connection issues (make sure you tell it to trust other apps, there's another setting about USB in there "allow USB debugging" but it's in a weird place, not in setting anywhere I could find, it comes up when plugging USB in, when it does, click it and you'll be in like a developer settings area or something like that.
Here a pic before I got new tablet
Notice the compass is there but no map, I don't think I took anytime with that, or I had the map just not in that picture, it has GPS so maybe having a map app like Google maps will help load the map section.
The screen wasn't bright enough, and the pixel density was horrible, but if it's not bright outside, the extra 45% screen area vs an IPhone 6+ even, made flying easier.
To be sure the only extra work was downloading the one side loading app, good luck.

Last edited:
I just got from USA my Amazon Fire (50$).
I had NO PROBLEM to install the DJI GO App on it.
After 3x times connected it works No Problem

Is there an OVERVIEW of the working tablets/GSM on this site.
So I am working with
Nexus 5
Nexus 6P
Nexus 10 and now
Amazon Fire

from Belgium

Last edited:
I also have a Kindle Fire and did NOT want to get an Apple device for the Phantom. I watched a bunch of You Tube videos and found one that showed how to load the Google Play app and all the other Google stuff you usually can't do on the Kindle. Worked great. NOW you can go to the Google Play Store and download DJI GO and it won't say you have an unacceptable device. It worked. Of course I don't have a Phantom yet to try it but the app loads right up.
The Kindle Fire does not have 3G/4G like a phone so I understand it won't have maps or GPS out in the field. I suppose I could live with that.

I also have a Kindle Fire and did NOT want to get an Apple device for the Phantom. I watched a bunch of You Tube videos and found one that showed how to load the Google Play app and all the other Google stuff you usually can't do on the Kindle. Worked great. NOW you can go to the Google Play Store and download DJI GO and it won't say you have an unacceptable device. It worked. Of course I don't have a Phantom yet to try it but the app loads right up.
The Kindle Fire does not have 3G/4G like a phone so I understand it won't have maps or GPS out in the field. I suppose I could live with that.
The problem is this, say vs the 8s Asus ZenPad with its PPI and 2400x1500 display, what you see isn't all blocky and low res like the fire tablets. And I was all excited, worked on mine for days getting it to finally work, but for $120 man this ASUS is awesome, sure I'd love to have an IPad Pro for my setup, but until I put some L-Com antenna on my roof for sitting in the house and flying 6miles out, that $200 is more importantly spent

I just got from USA my Amazon Fire (50$).
I had NO PROBLEM to install the DJI GO App on it.
After 3x times connected it works No Problem

Is there an OVERVIEW of the working tablets/GSM on this site.
So I am working with
Nexus 5
Nexus 6P
Nexus 10 and now
Amazon Fire

from Belgium
Doesn't the low res impact your fun factor? Compare it to a 4XHD screen or even a 2XHD screen and it's low res had a huge impact on me, vs a real display tablet that is

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik