Amazon sold me fake "Genuine DJI" props. Warning.

Reaction score
WOW. Amazon sold me fake "Genuine DJI" props. And the seller was Amazon too, not 3rd party. I received them today and they just felt off. Lots of flash on the edges too. I went to pick up a set at Best Buy just now and the Best buy ones actually say DJI on them and are a lot heavier and less flexible. The packages looked almost identical. The fakes came with no instructions and no plastic wrap on the hub. Buyer beware.

Amazon.com : DJI Genuine DJI Phantom 3 9450 Props Part #09 Self-Tightening Propeller 9" All Composite For Professional and Advanced, 2 Pairs : Camera & Photo

It may just be me but I've had 0 luck ordering off Amazon. I've stopped even looking on there. I've had two experiences like this one. And a few times just received orders missing parts.. All amazon. Not a third party. Thanks for the heads up and posting the product

Have you filed a complaint with Amazon?

I have them sitting here packed up for a full refund, shipping tomorrow with the reason that they are counterfeit. Left a 1 star review and then did a "report this description for inaccuracy" report. I think on my end that's about all I can do at this point.

Good. I'm sure they will weed that problem out quickly. I had always had good luck there but I've been (knock on wood) using the same props now for a year!

I was thinking that in the future I would upgrade to the P4P+. I seen one on amazon with 3 battery's, 2 sd cards backpack, charging hub, and more for around $2,000 CND. If I get the phantom, 2 extra batteries and charging get hub from the DJI online store it adds up to around $3,000 CND. Cheaper to get off Amazon plus you get more.

Amazon - DJI Phantom 4 PRO PLUS (PRO+) Drone Quadcopter (Remote W/ Integrated Touch Screen Display) Bundle Kit with 3 Batteries, 4K Professional Camera Gimbal and MUST HAVE Accessories

DJI online store - Phantom 4 PRO +,2 extra batteries,Charging hub

Last edited:
Amazon is usually quick about making good on a bad buyer experience. Last summer I bought a P3 battery from them and it could only hold a charge for 2 days before going totally dead. I requested a refund but instead of shipping the defective one back they just sent me a new battery and told me I could keep the defective one free of charge! Now that is top-notch customer service.

Amazon is usually quick about making good on a bad buyer experience. Last summer I bought a P3 battery from them and it could only hold a charge for 2 days before going totally dead. I requested a refund but instead of shipping the defective one back they just sent me a new battery and told me I could keep the defective one free of charge! Now that is top-notch customer service.
What did you do with the bad one?

What did you do with the bad one?

I kept using it for about 4 or 5 months until it no longer held a charge. Then I bought one at Best Buy and returned the defective one in it's place. Kinda sneaky but Best Buy has a very lax return policy these days and they love to please customers as much as Amazon does.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I
WOW. Amazon sold me fake "Genuine DJI" props. And the seller was Amazon too, not 3rd party. I received them today and they just felt off. Lots of flash on the edges too. I went to pick up a set at Best Buy just now and the Best buy ones actually say DJI on them and are a lot heavier and less flexible. The packages looked almost identical. The fakes came with no instructions and no plastic wrap on the hub. Buyer beware.

Amazon.com : DJI Genuine DJI Phantom 3 9450 Props Part #09 Self-Tightening Propeller 9" All Composite For Professional and Advanced, 2 Pairs : Camera & Photo
I purchased these in January of this year, haven't opened them yet. I guess I'll be sending them back. Thanks for the heads up.

I too received counterfeit props. Just as the OP describes. I noticed something wrong with them the first time using them but didn't realize they were fake until later. While installing they didn't feel right, one was rough while screwing onto shaft and the bird shook horribly while going airborne. I aborted the flight and reinstalled the old set because I was afraid it would self destruct.
It wasn't until recently I had them next to another set of props and realized they were a much brighter white than the genuine props. They are stamped with 9450 but not the DJI trademark name.

I too received counterfeit props. Just as the OP describes. I noticed something wrong with them the first time using them but didn't realize they were fake until later. While installing they didn't feel right, one was rough while screwing onto shaft and the bird shook horribly while going airborne. I aborted the flight and reinstalled the old set because I was afraid it would self destruct.
It wasn't until recently I had them next to another set of props and realized they were a much brighter white than the genuine props. They are stamped with 9450 but not the DJI trademark name.

I think I just read your review on Amazon. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart