Already bored - how do you stay excited to fly your P3?

Oso, if you decide to get a NVidia Shield, make sure you get cellular with it. The new firmware 9/7/15 release. Some of the new features do not work unless you have cellular. I am screwed, bought new one last month and now find out I need cellular for poi,follow me etc. don't know why DJI did not say anything about it before now.

Oso, if you decide to get a NVidia Shield, make sure you get cellular with it. The new firmware 9/7/15 release. Some of the new features do not work unless you have cellular. I am screwed, bought new one last month and now find out I need cellular for poi,follow me etc. don't know why DJI did not say anything about it before now.
Thanks sir. It has been well documented for quite a while in fact that some of these features (follow me) as well as some previously existing features (dynamic home point) would need a mobile device with an active GPS chip to work. That or a wifi only device with an external GPS. You do realize that you don't need a cellular account, just a device with an active GPS which I do believe exists on the Shield, correct? I think you're good.

Start beta testing for DJI
I have indeed thought about that several times. Being retired gives me time for testing, and 20 years in the high tech industry gave me a good technical background and extensive experience dealing with a global user base.

Reactions: Jeff48920
I am already bored with my P3A after only 3.5 months.

It's unquestionably awesome and I am very impressed with the tech. The P3's capabilities are astounding and I do enjoy showing it off to people. It never ceases to amaze.

Still, the thrill is gone for me. Before I used to rush out to fly whenever I could. Now it seems to just collect dust.

Does anyone else feel the same? What do you guys do to stay excited to fly? Is it the new versions (P1, P2, P3, etc) that come with new features? Is it just an intangible love of the hobby? Is it something else? How do you stay excited about your P3?

Yeah... I understand exactly what you're saying and I feel the same at times. What I would advise you to do is to fly with a sense of purpose instead of taking your phantom out for no reason at all. When I fly for just the sake of flying I get bored within a couple minutes.

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl