Already bored - how do you stay excited to fly your P3?

Get yourself some cheap quantum diy goggles from hk, I use my smartphone rather than the video screen it came with, for is a real buzz, especially when flying a long way out

Reactions: mphsjeep
I am already bored with my P3A after only 3.5 months.

It's unquestionably awesome and I am very impressed with the tech. The P3's capabilities are astounding and I do enjoy showing it off to people. It never ceases to amaze.

Still, the thrill is gone for me. Before I used to rush out to fly whenever I could. Now it seems to just collect dust.

Does anyone else feel the same? What do you guys do to stay excited to fly? Is it the new versions (P1, P2, P3, etc) that come with new features? Is it just an intangible love of the hobby? Is it something else? How do you stay excited about your P3?

I do not fly for free. I just do not do it for myself, for practicing or for my friends. No money - no honey sorry. It is the best way to stay excited every time you fly.

I just started my own drone cinematography business, with no exemption. I just follow existing local laws.
I wish I could be as brave as you sir. I just can't do it.

I just started my own drone cinematography business, with no exemption. I just follow existing local laws.
I'm working towards the UK equivalent of an exemption as the CAA stipulates that without it you cannot gain financially from flying, before or afterward [emoji53]

As a Real Estate photographer my P3P adds a new dimension to my workday. When I'm photographing acreages, or a home where the only possible shot of the back of the home is from the air, I get to indulge my hobby. The images I give to the client are a gift. I charge the same for photo shoot as I did before I added aerial photography. How many people get to fly as part of a normal workday? If I don't fly during the workday, I practice in the woods and fields behind my house. Flying a few feet off the ground and picking your way through dense woods is what keeps it from ever getting boring.

I like to pretend that I'm on a mission to fight alien invaders from the planet Hillary and my Phantom is armed with anti-polyester pantsuit laser guns. Only I can save the planet from these wrinkled leather skinned reptilians! Works for me every time.

Try perfecting your piloting skills. Some figure eights in an open park can really do the trick. Also- work on flying when the camera is facing you (Opposite of normal) so you can get used to flying when left is right and right is left.

Just have a look at what a certain Mad Irish bloke gets up to with his P3 - never a dull moment!!!
He for sure brings a good amount of levity and interest to the forum.

Try perfecting your piloting skills. Some figure eights in an open park can really do the trick. Also- work on flying when the camera is facing you (Opposite of normal) so you can get used to flying when left is right and right is left.
I'm pretty good at flying when the camera is facing me or sideways or away, etc. Also good at doing manual POI flying, though I don't do too much video recording anymore since I can't stand to see the tilted (drifting) horizon anymore.

Maybe that's one of the reasons I have been losing interest. I can't record with a level horizon and post processing video is too labor intensive when the horizon changes all through the shot.

Reactions: JoBe
I'm pretty good at flying when the camera is facing me or sideways or away, etc. Also good at doing manual POI flying, though I don't do too much video recording anymore since I can't stand to see the tilted (drifting) horizon anymore.

Maybe that's one of the reasons I have been losing interest. I can't record with a level horizon and post processing video is too labor intensive when the horizon changes all through the shot.
That would make sense. To be honest, I struggle with this as well. I don't think I have flown in a week or 2, and these aircraft are my job!

I'm glad this thread was started. I have been feeling this same way and it's primarily due to the lack of either 1. my imagination or 2. lack of places fairly close in the Texas flat-lands where I can find interesting things to shoot. Perhaps a combination of both. I will be traveling soon though. I'm going to Sydney Australia in October and may be going to San Francisco in a week or so as well. So I'll make an effort to get some good shots there.

I don't really feel restricted yet when flying my P3, but I am sure that day is coming. Especially since I live in California.

I do sometimes feel worried about being confronted while flying due to the abundance of misinformation in the media and the self feeding drone phobia it has created. So far (knock wood) I have been lucky and only sincerely interested onlookers have approached me.
I worry about my drone being shot out of the sky. I live in Texas after all.. ;-) But I have flown around some areas and will see something interesting like a pond with an old windmill. I want to get close but fear that some old hick will see it flying around his property and try to shoot it down.

Start beta testing for DJI

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4