Already bored - how do you stay excited to fly your P3?

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I am already bored with my P3A after only 3.5 months.

It's unquestionably awesome and I am very impressed with the tech. The P3's capabilities are astounding and I do enjoy showing it off to people. It never ceases to amaze.

Still, the thrill is gone for me. Before I used to rush out to fly whenever I could. Now it seems to just collect dust.

Does anyone else feel the same? What do you guys do to stay excited to fly? Is it the new versions (P1, P2, P3, etc) that come with new features? Is it just an intangible love of the hobby? Is it something else? How do you stay excited about your P3?

Last edited:
What a shame. I have not yet found a way to be bored with mine.........Perhaps you should fly new terrain or go out far over the water to enhance your adrenaline. I am sure you can find SAFE and Creative ways to try new things ;)

All the best

Reactions: pchin2 and Oso

It's unquestionably awesome and I am very impressed with the tech. The P3's capabilities are astounding and I do enjoy showing it off to people. It never ceases to amaze.

Still, the thrill is gone for me. Before I used to rush out to fly whenever I could. Now it seems to just collect dust.

Does anyone else feel the same? What do you guys do to stay excited to fly? Is it the new versions (P1, P2, P3, etc) that come with new features? Is it just an intangible love of the hobby? Is it something else?
I am not a professional photographer, however, I find it a challenge to learn to shot video and stills of interesting subjects. So I am not flying just to be flying--- but actually learning new photography challenges.

I am not a professional photographer, however, I find it a challenge to learn to shot video and stills of interesting subjects. So I am not flying just to be flying--- but actually learning new photography challenges.

I agree with this as well. I own a Nikon D5200 and I figured this would add another dimension to photography.

I agree with this as well. I own a Nikon D5200 and I figured this would add another dimension to photography.
Same for me. I shoot with a D4 most of the time. Just little league and the local high school baseball team. I'll try to add some aerial shots this fall season. Maybe that will help.

Build a racing drone.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I am fascinated with the racing drones ever since I went to the Drone Racing Championships recently. They seem to be more robust as well. The P3 seems to be so fragile. I know the P3 is not a racer and it's a camera platform like a flying tripod. Still, does it have to break so easily? Does the camera and gimbal have to jettison and rip the ribbon cable so easily? Again, the P3 is amazing but I do wish that we could be a bit more daring with it and not risk as much destruction.

Get into collective pitch 3D helis. Insane agility and they are a huge adrenaline rush.

Nothing quite like them. :)

Does anyone else feel the same? What do you guys do to stay excited to fly? Is it the new versions (P1, P2, P3, etc) that come with new features? Is it just an intangible love of the hobby? Is it something else? How do you stay excited about your P3?

Sign up for the Litch beta if you have a Android device, do some waypoint mission flying it is awesome!

Travel with it. I don't fly every day any more but I am gearing up for a road trip across Big Sky country to the west coast in the fall. I'm sure I'll find a few interesting sites and sights along the way.

Sign up for the Litch beta if you have a Android device, do some waypoint mission flying it is awesome!
This is good. I do have an Android device but it's too weak. I could pick up a Shield perhaps and give the beta a try. I like that idea.

Fly completely in ATTI mode. Learn hard core maneuvering. Go for precision. If all that fails I'll bet someone would make you a good offer.

Travel with it. I don't fly every day any more but I am gearing up for a road trip across Big Sky country to the west coast in the fall. I'm sure I'll find a few interesting sites and sights along the way.
I do like the idea of road trips with the P3. Even if it's just a day trip with the family and I get to go through a couple of batteries. That might work for me. I may be going to the Philippines on Monday. I think I'll leave it home for that trip if it pushes through. Have you taken your P3 out of the U.S.?

Fly completely in ATTI mode. Learn hard core maneuvering. Go for precision. If all that fails I'll bet someone would make you a good offer.
I have started to do this more. It is more exciting. I've been practicing flying in ATTI mode across a soccer field and trying to land on top of a plastic garbage bin under a tree. It's still pretty hard for me and also a bit scary considering how fragile the P3 is.

I think that if I do fly more, it will need to be in ATTI mode to keep me from getting drowsy.

Reactions: TulsaReiner
Human nature. Doesn't matter if it's a new car, bike, whatever. Did you really think you would always be just excited about it as the day you first ordered it?

Happens to more P3 owners than will probably admit it.
Finding new places to explore is probably the best way to re-kindle the fire.

Have you taken your P3 out of the U.S.?

I have not ... not yet. This will be my first airplane flight with the P3P in carry on. I'll be on the road for a month, so I should have plenty of chances to fly. For me it's a supplement to my camera gear, which has always been my main reason for travel.

Reactions: Fplvert and Oso

Do you have a 4K TV? If so, upgrade to the P3P and be amazed. Even the "boring" stuff seems to come to life in 4K.

Flying is just half the fun for me. I really enjoy watching what my quad has recorded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan