Already bored - how do you stay excited to fly your P3?

For excitement, I smoke crack while flying my P3! Then I see someone looking at her and I go over and "say hey what you looking at"!And then it usually starts a fight and I get beat up. Then I review the footage later and realize she was actually looking at him!! Then I get depressed. Never a dull moment though!
All this time I thought everyone was talking about a crack in the P3 shell.

Reactions: Itay
if you need excitement, contact this guy. You won't be board anymore...

[Moderator edit: Offensive comment and talk about guns removed (Neither are allowed)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Plain and simple! ******* STUPID! I support guns 100% but not being controlled by a toy. Instead of a fly away we'll be talking about misfires.
i have seen this guy on many shows before.
he has some pretty wild full auto gun on his show.
i belive he is from somewhere in Georgia.

i have seen this guy on many shows before.
he has some pretty wild full auto gun on his show.
i belive he is from somewhere in Georgia.
Yeah he's an American pretending to be Russian. He does have a very big following, and some of the dialog in his videos is pretty funny.

In the case of the drone, I seem to recall that it was a Call of Duty marketing gag. That drone is in the game. Sadly in the 3 years or so since that drone video came out, drone phobia has taken hold for other reasons so the video loses some of its originally intended humor.

Suggestions: Install the HDMI kit first of all. Then buy the Headplay HD goggles for IMAX FPV! Also, try capturing video flying backwards in front of a ski boat underway, or PWC, or follow a water skier or PWC. Yes it's a risk, but hey, you're bored anyway. No big loss if it goes into the drink. You won't be bored anymore if it's lost in the water, you'll be pissed. Fixed that problem. Hah!

Reactions: Ezookiel and Oso
Suggestions: Install the HDMI kit first of all. Then buy the Headplay HD goggles for IMAX FPV! Also, try capturing video flying backwards in front of a ski boat underway, or PWC, or follow a water skier or PWC. Yes it's a risk, but hey, you're bored anyway. No big loss if it goes into the drink. You won't be bored anymore if it's lost in the water, you'll be pissed. Fixed that problem. Hah!
Not yet ready to swim with the fishes, though I would already have goggles if my vision wasn't so poor.

I am already bored with my P3A after only 3.5 months.

It's unquestionably awesome and I am very impressed with the tech. The P3's capabilities are astounding and I do enjoy showing it off to people. It never ceases to amaze.

Still, the thrill is gone for me. Before I used to rush out to fly whenever I could. Now it seems to just collect dust.

Does anyone else feel the same? What do you guys do to stay excited to fly? Is it the new versions (P1, P2, P3, etc) that come with new features? Is it just an intangible love of the hobby? Is it something else? How do you stay excited about your P3?

Seems some fun stuff was put in before I read your Question.

!: Do you like photography? That's what this drone is all about, so if your not I can fully understand your boredom so quick.
If you are in to photography you can get into ruts, we all do at one point.
Try the editing Side you must have created a good amount of Video?
Edit Edit Edit make something stand out. I know It's not flying but something will pop and you will come up with a shoot Idea.

Use Google Earth and select the Photo's and look around your area you may be surprised to find something you did not know about.
Make a Goal to shoot certain themes.. Old Barns Water Falls Sunsets,Cars something you like! and stick to that theme for a while.

Do something for FREE to make someone Happy! Possible your Neighbor or a friends house. Plan it out well it will consume your time.

SacraTamato! Hit the Sierras! Find some guys riding Dirt Bikes Offer to do free shoot.
Skate Board Parks

This is an Old Man talking...
Hope something jumped for you!
Cheers

Reactions: Jeff48920
I use mine to scout new potential hunting land. Also big in to photography.

X-mas is coming up wrap it up and watch the excitement it brings to yer secret santa!!

Have you been to the meetup group? I was under the impression it was mostly FVP racers.
You're right about the NIMBYs...I posted a pic to /r/sandiego and got raped, lol.
I have a Syma on backup that I hope to never use again -- I feel your pain!

I grab my syma sc5 and fly a battery many nights around house and neighborhood and just go nuts having fun. its a blast and indestructable
nice not to think about all the phantom procedures....

Reactions: AlmostTan
I grab my syma sc5 and fly a battery many nights around house and neighborhood and just go nuts having fun. its a blast and indestructable
nice not to think about all the phantom procedures....

finished my yuengling, went outside and it was 72 f and 4 mph winds
burned up a x5c battery having fun running around trees etc.

so nice I have to fire up a phantom!

Here's a thought I just had. Can the camera and gimbal assy be removed safely and easily for preservation purposes while you might be learning "seat of your pants" flying via ATTI mode. Not the out of site missions, but as early mentioned in a large field where you always have it within sight. Then if you have a little crack up, the expensive and so fragile camera/gimbal isn't on the repair list? Just a thought?! Or will the Phantom even allow you to fly without all components online?

I am already bored with my P3A after only 3.5 months.

It's unquestionably awesome and I am very impressed with the tech. The P3's capabilities are astounding and I do enjoy showing it off to people. It never ceases to amaze.

Still, the thrill is gone for me. Before I used to rush out to fly whenever I could. Now it seems to just collect dust.

Does anyone else feel the same? What do you guys do to stay excited to fly? Is it the new versions (P1, P2, P3, etc) that come with new features? Is it just an intangible love of the hobby? Is it something else? How do you stay excited about your P3?

Get the Itelite antenna and MAX your range at 3.5 miles (battery limit).
Leave the thing sitting for a couple weeks
Absence makes the heart grow fonder
This device is a dream machine to me I'm sitting on my porch I can send it out and watch the traffic leave it parked in its GPS coordinate prison, take a bathroom break. Come back and my eye in the sky is still there It's just absolutely cool.

Get the Itelite antenna and MAX your range at 3.5 miles (battery limit).
Leave the thing sitting for a couple weeks
Absence makes the heart grow fonder
This device is a dream machine to me I'm sitting on my porch I can send it out and watch the traffic leave it parked in its GPS coordinate prison, take a bathroom break. Come back and my eye in the sky is still there It's just absolutely cool.

Additionally, I have pet fish, I love going to the store and getting them a new plant/toys/filter/new addition, you can do the same with your drone, try out some new Lens filters. Perhaps a gimbal saver, just doing research on eBay to see what else is new

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub